Ep 3: Happy Birthday, Vernon!

Just a year older

Ep 3: Vernon's birthday!

[First Person's POV]

"Noona, I am going now. Are you sure you're not tagging along?"

 

I sniffed again. Darn this flu. How could it showed up when I want to meet the apple of my eyes. "I WISH I CAN! But look! Do I look presentable to Vernon?"

 

"He doesn't care"

 

"I do!" I exclaimed. "I cannot allow Vernon to see something like this. His eyes are too precious to see something like this."

 

"Ew..." Jungkook frowned. "Whatever. Anyway, I'll try to get home early."

 

"Don't! Why would you?"

 

"You're sick, noona. I can't just leave you alone for a long time."

 

"Don't you worry, I'll be fine." I shook my head. "It's okay. Have fun!"

 

"Make sure Vernon gets my present!" I groaned.

 

"You can count on me. ." He nodded.

---

[returning to the third person's POV]

 

"Sadly, your biggest fan cannot make it tonight. She's got flu and that she said she doesn't look presentable to you." Jungkook announced to Vernon and then shoved him with a huge gift bag, "But don't worry, she passed me your present."

 

Vernon grinned as he received he gift bag, "Thanks, bro." He puts the bag away before Jungkook stopped him.

 

"Hey." Jungkook hesitated. "Is it possible if you open the present now, noona wants me to send pictures of your reaction?"

 

Vernon laughed out loud. "Noooooooooo!"

 

"Please. Please. Please. A week supply of hamburger is on the line, please consider." Jungkook begged. "If I get dem hamburgers, you'll get it too. I promise!"

 

Vernon finally recovered from laughing, caught his breath gave in and nodded agreeing to Jungkook's wish. Jungkook pumped his fist on the air before taking out his phone and ready to capture Vernon's reaction as he unboxed his present.

 

Vernon sat down and took out the box from inside the gift bag. His eyes widened when he saw the large box. Jungkook's too.

 

"Could it be?" Vernon looked at Jungkook and gulped.

 

Jungkook shook his head, "she wouldn't dare to! How could she?"

 

Vernon opened the box and then his smile widened as he screamed, "YAAAAAAAAAASSS!"

 

Jungkook's face fell in despair. "I can't believe she bought you this. I begged her months to buy it for me."

 

Vernon took the present out of the box and examine it. "I think she loves me more than she loves you."

 

"Can I hold it please, Hansol?" Jungkok pleaded.

 

"NOOOOOOO" Vernon turned around the present and stared at it for a long time. After all, he was looking at the Roshe runs, in complete blue, the big tick sign on the sides were coloured white.

 

To: Vernon

After looking at you for a long time, everyone else looks like octopus. Happy birthday God beautiful bastard Choi Hansol!

 

- Your no.1 fan Jungkook's noona.

 

Vernon chuckled alone when he read the card she wrote for him. He then passed the card to Jungkook.

 

Jungkook's face changed in colour, and then he palmed his face. "Sorry, Hansol. You know how my noona is."

 

"It's alright. I kinda find it cute."

 

"Please don't take it the wrong way. She's looking out for you because you're like another brother to us but it's just that she's a girl and she finds you visually pleasing." Jungkook informed.

 

"Tell noona I said thank you. It really means a lot to me that she remembers me even when she's sick."

 

"Don't kid yourself, she probably bought those weeks ago."

 

"In any case, I am thankful. Tell her, I am really really really thankful." Vernon said sincerely.

 

"Okay." Jungkook clicked on something on his phone and then turned to Vernon, "can you say that again? I need to record it and send it to noona."

---

"From: My fav Adonis (Hansol)

Thank you for the gift noona. I really really love it. You're not my real noona but thank you for making me feel like I am the best brother in the world. Get well soon!"

 

She let out the biggest hearty laugh for the day. Her fever seemed to have reduced and she started dancing to her anthem; 1D's Best Song Ever.

 

She scrolled down her phone and giggled as she was updated with pictures and videos of Vernon during his party with captions from the oh-so-not-creative Jungkook.

 

  1. Hansol welcoming his guests.

  2. Hansol receiving gifts from others (I haven't give yours to him yet. Save the best for the last)

  3. Hansol's reaction unboxing your gift (one week supply of hamburgers, noona. I have no doubt about you keeping your promise)

  4. Hansol wearing (I BEGGED YOU TO BUY IT FOR ME. YOU IGNORED ME!!!!!!) *she replied back with a picture of another pair of the exact same shoes but it was coloured black, the ticks sign were coloured red, and the bottom was coloured white captioned 'of course I bought one for my little Kookie'*

  5. Hansol cutting his cake.

  6. Hansol and Hangyeol.

.

.

.

and the lists went on.

 

She sighed as she ticked all those pictures and moved them into a folder just below the folder named 'Little brother, Jungkook'.

 

"Done!" She looked at Vernon's folder of 121 pictures and smiled.

 

'Little brother, Hansol'.