Ep 5: The beginning of Vernon's fanclub

Just a year older

Ep 5: The beginning of Vernon's fanclub.

 

[First person's POV]

 

I actually met Vernon only few months ago; 6 months ago to be exact. We -as in Jungkook and I- just moved into this neighbourhood around 8 months ago. We were asked to live here temporarily as mom is taking a short culinary course for a little over a year and dad is actually a navy working somewhere Jungkook and I aren't sure of (it's not like I don't care dad, love you). Jungkook and I decided to go to different school altogether, since we had choice, I chose to go to all-girls high school and Jungkook insisted to go to the co-ed school.

 

On a fine Saturday morning, Jungkook told me he was going to have a friend coming over for a discussion on their assignment. Since I thought it was a girl, I went on to spray the whole house with my perfume because Jungkook's socks smell filled the shoes cabinet and sometimes I thought, I brought the smell even to my room. If I thought it was a boy, I would leave it alone because God knows if their socks smells are alike and they might be bestfriends after finding that out.

 

And then after that, I left for the bakery to get few type of desserts as refreshment for Jungkook and his friends. When I returned, I saw another pair of shoes was up on the top of the shoes cabinet. A male's. I knew it was not Jungkook's, so I guessed it was his friend's. I figured it was too soon to say anything. Who knows? Maybe it was a girl's and that she has a masculine taste in shoes preferences.

 

I went upstairs decided to take a shower and then prepare refreshments for my brother and his guest.

 

I plated down the cakes and breads and placed them on the tray along with 2 bottles of banana milk. After that I climbed the stairs, and went straight to the door of my brother's room. I gave a short 3 knocks and I opened them wide.

 

Immediately my eyes landed on a brunette boy being in front of me. I was gasping so loud when I saw his face that he turned to see me. He was beyond breath-taking. I had to grip the tray so hard so I won't fall to the ground because my knees turned wobbly just at the sight of whoever this boy is.

 

He threw me a smile. He truly is...

 

"Beautiful than I would ever be." I mumbled that out loud.

 

"Sorry?" He sounded surprised. Well, he looked surprised too.

 

"You. You're beautiful than anything I've ever seen. Are you, perhaps, Leonardo Dicaprio during his young age?"

 

"Er... I beg your pardon?"

 

Wow his Korean is fluent?

 

"How astonishing. When did you learn Korean?" I asked.

 

"I'm sorry. I don't think I understand what you're saying." He scratched the back of his head.

 

"Noona?" Suddenly another boy interrupted us. Jungkook just came out of his bathroom. "What are you doing there?"

 

"Jungkook, how did Leo DiCaprio end up here?"

 

"Leo Dicaprio?" Jungkook's head turned in confusion.

 

"This." I pointed to Leonardo the brunette boy in front of me.

 

"That's my friend, Vernon!" Jungkook exclaimed.

 

"Vernon?" Such a beautiful name. Suits his beautiful face so much. "Such a lovely boy."

 

"Cut it out, noona." Jungkook walked up to me grab the tray from my hands. "Now, go shower and take your power nap." He pushed me to my room.

                    ***

I laid down on my bed, unable to take my 7 1/2 minutes power nap. Seriously, how can I sleep when the boy named Vernon is awake and flawless? I can't take this.

 

Next few minutes, I found myself knocking on Jungkook's door. I opened it slightly and peeked to see how Vernon is doing. Oh, he was writing down the points Jungkook bulleted out from his mouth. As he looked down on the paper and concentrated, I can see his beautiful features; long eyelashes, small but pointy nose and he was biting on his lower lips. Damn, this boy is pretty.

 

"Easy, Vernon." I thought alone. But when Jungkook and Vernon turned to me, I figured out that I must've said it out loud.

 

"What now noona?" Jungkook asked.

 

"You should talk slowly. Poor handsome Vernon." I answered, giving a dazed look towards Vernon.

 

"Get out, noona." And then the door was shut by Jeon Jungkook right in front of my face.

***

I pushed open the door slowly. Jungkook's door. Again. My eyes landed on Vernon immediately, he was typing something on the laptop. Jungkook was, too.

 

The light from the laptop's screen fell on Vernon's face. He shone even brighter like he wasn't already shining to begin with. I mean if I cut off the electricity, he will likely to glow in the dark.

 

"…light, light, light. You're my flash light, light, light..." I sang out loud a line from Jessie J's Flashlight.

 

"For God's sake, noona please." Jungkook half-shouted. I was pushed out and slammed the door at once more.

***

On my third attempt to spy on Vernon, I was informed by the grumpy Jungkook that the beautiful boy was in the washroom.

 

"One more time noona. One more time, I swear." He warned me. Ahhh, Jungkook is easy. One offer of beef, he'll be beggin on his knee and taking back all his threats. But anyway, those threats are empty ones. Jungkook is my brother, he loves me.

***

I returned back to Jungkook's door 2 cups of water later but I learnt that the door was locked. Okay, no offense to Kookie but he is dumb sometimes. He locked the door from inside, but he left the spare keys right next to his door. Did he really think that I would just sit here while knowing Vernon is in his room breathing and being perfect? I grabbed the key and with it, I unlocked the door slowly.

 

When I opened it, I saw Jungkook was already standing in front of the door. "Noona." He was glaring at me.

 

"Please, Jungkook. Just a glimpse." I pleaded, my hands rubbing together.

 

"No. You had enough glimpses ever since you got here." Jungkook shook his head, blocking my view from Vernon who was right behind him.

 

"Please, Jungkook. Please."

 

"Enough, noona. Go away! God, we're studying noona! We need some quiet time."

 

Ah right! The boys are studying! What am I doing? Dammit, I deserved the worst sister in the world award for this.

 

"Kookie, sorry. I won't bother you again." I mumbled slowly. I am such a bad sister! I stepped away from Jungkook before he pulled me and made me turn to him.

 

He pursed his lips and looked at me, "Just a glimpse, okay? No more coming after this?"

 

Given this opportunity by Jungkook, I grabbed it and nodded as a reply, "I promise!"

 

He gestured with his thumbs towards his back. And I can see Vernon was looking at our direction with a full interest. His eyes were shining, his mouth opened in curiosity. He looked like 10 year old boy watching something fascinating! He was so adorable.

 

"JUNGKOOK, look at him waaaaaaaaaaaa!" I clapped my hands and jumped in excitement.

 

The next thing I know, the door slammed towards me again. And it was the last time of the day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day...

 

"Hey Kookie, will that friend of yours ever come and play here again?"

 

"You wish. He was traumatised by you." My brother answered as he gathered his stuff and put it into his school bag.

 

"He was?" I stood up right. "Oh, poor Vernon. How can I make it up to him?"

 

"Do me a favour and don't talk about my friend anymore." Jungkook replied. "He must be scared you know. Many girls fancy him but not openly like you did yesterday".

 

Jungkook put aside his bagpack and head outside, "I am going out."

 

"Who are you going with?"

 

"I'm not telling." He clamped his lips tightly.

 

The lightbulb beside my head lights up, "VERNON?" I trailed after him as he put on his watch.

 

"Go away. Don't follow me. This is my only chance to have a decent friend me, don't ruin it for me." Jungkook left the house after saying those words.

 

After about 2 hours, I heard a noise from the front door. I ran to welcome my brother. But when I saw who was beside him, I screamed.

 

"See, I told you it's a bad idea." Jungkook turned to Vernon.

 

Vernon ignored him and bowed to me 90 degrees, y'all. Polite boys are so in.

 

He straightened up and flashed me a smile, "Hello, my name is Choi Hansol, but you can call me Vernon. I am Jungkook's friend. I apologize for arriving and leaving without properly greeting you yesterday."

 

I stunned at the sight of him talking. He was talking to me right?

 

"JUNGKOOK asdfghkl!!!!!" I cannot contained my excitement. Ugh, what am I going to do with this giddiness of mine.

 

"Korean, noona, please." Jungkook widened his eyes towards me. "Sorry, Hansol. The last time I checked she was normal. Don't worry, it doesn't run in my family."

 

"I am Jungkook's noona. If Jungkook calls me noona, you can call me noona too." I

 

"Hey!" Jungkook protested. "You're my noona! Not his noona!"

 

"Shush Kookie." I shut my brother up and turned to the beautiful thing. "If you ever feel like coming here. Just do so. With or without Jungkook. You are most welcomed."

 

"T-thanks, noona." Vernon smiled and bowed slightly.

 

I nodded, "Our house password is--"

 

Vernon cut me, "Oh my God, you are serious."

 

"NOONA!" Jungkook shouted.

 

I let out my laugh. "Fine. Fine."

 

"While we're here. Let's finish up our yesterday's report. I think we can polish it." Jungkook suggested to Vernon.

 

"Sure." Vernon smiled. Boooootiful.

 

They went for the stairs before I decided I had another thing I wanted to say to Vernon.

 

"Hey, flawless!" I said. The boys stopped on the track.

 

"I think she meant you." Jungkook palmed his face.

 

"Flawless Vernon Choi Hansol!" I repeated more firmly and the owner of the name finally responded.

 

"Sorry about yesterday okay?" I apologized. "But for the time being, you have to tolerate this? You're so perfect I can't help it."

 

He was taken aback, "umm..."

 

"For heaven's sake, noona." Jungkook sighed loudly. "It's okay, Hansol. My noona always keep her promise. So for the time being tolerate. It'll probably last for 3 more months." The boys then went upstairs. That was what Jungkook said 6 months ago.

 

Boy, was Kookie wrong.