Surprise Train Ride

One More Chance

Present Day

Luhan ran to the train station. Unfortunately he woke up late and only had a time to get ready for work. Just his luck he had an important meeting with an hospital that wants to redesign their a department within their hospital, this is a big job for Luhan and being late is a first bad impression. There’s no use driving to work because traffic is bad during rush hour in Seoul. So catching a train to work is probably the best option for him.

Luckily Luhan made it onto the station just as the train is rolling up to the train station. Thankfully Luhan just made it and triumphantly got on the train when doors opened. There was no seat left on the busy train so Luhan had no choice but to keep standing by the doorway. Right next to him was..... Yoona

She too was running late for work also she had an important meeting. Bringing a car to the city would be an inconvenience when she would spend most of her time in traffic anyways. So Yoona caught a train that morning just like in college. Yoona isn’t really a public transport person, last time she road the train was back in her days as a college student, it was the only way to get to school. Now she has a pretty car, why would she not drive it around?

Yoona looked up and there she saw the one person she least expected, the last person she wanted to see. Yes the two were standing right next to each other and both haven’t realize they were until Yoona looked up.

She didn’t know what to do, she went into instant panic mood. She couldn’t stand anywhere else because the train was packed, she can’t get off the next stop because she will be later. So she stood there hoping he won’t see her. It’s a good thing he is wearing earphone to distract him that that fact that his ex girlfriend is standing right next to him.

Yoona felt like she couldn’t breath just in case Luhan could hear it. So she kept still thinking it will somehow help keep invisible. Luckily Luhan didn’t not pay attention to anything but what is infront of him, he just stared into the distance not realizing that Yoona was standing next to him.

Last she saw of him was at New Years Eve and to be honest she wasn’t ready to see him then and definitely not now. For twenty minutes Yoona never thought a train ride would lead to her death, she was hardly moving so her muscles were cramping up, she was hardly breathing and in all of that she was having an massive anxiety attack within it all. Back in the day when Luhan would meet her on the train, it was the happiest part of her day. She once woke up excited to meet up with the love her life on the train. She was enthusiastic to walk to college hand in hand with her boyfriend.

Eight years later here she stand wanting someone who once meant the world to her, away from her as far as he can be. If you think about it, it really is sad but here ladies and gentlemen is true representation of life. One day you can be the person who meant a lot to them and tomorrow you can just be another public transport user that just stands beside them.

Thankfully Luhan got off the train and unfortunately it was coincidently Yoona’s stop. It alright though, at least they are in a more spacious area, Yoona can hide wherever she wants.

Yoona walked slowly behind Luhan from a distance, shes carefully keeping an eye on him so she doesn’t bump into him. Luckily when they got to the exit of the train station Luhan turned left when Yoona needed to turn right.

For a whole train ride Yoona was on her feet just incase she was seen by Luhan, but finally she can breathe once again. For eight years she avoided Luhan for the sake of not wanting to see him. So much damage was done to her by Luhan and still after eight years it still hurt her to see him.

Yoona turned around to look at the man she once loved, hopefully new years eve was the last time they talked and this is the last time she will encounter him. She then turn back to the direction of the hospital and began to walk towards it.

“Sometimes we loose our soul mates,” Yoona whispered to herself. “And that’s okay,”

 


 

Luhan was lost, he thought the way he was going was the right way but apparently not. Luhan doesn’t really go out to this part of town, well not without a car of course. So he was lost and very late for his meeting. With the GPS on his phone he found his way to the conference room of where the hospital that needs renovation.

20 minutes late into the meeting and already the important people that is apart of this project are waiting for their architect together. Luhan ran into the conference room where he was greeted by very important people, he met the CEO, the owner of the hospital, some of the board members, stake holders and the head doctor and other doctors of the cardiologist department.

Luhan walked in and shook the hand of the owner and CEO of the hospital, the rest just wanted to see Luhan’s design of the new renovated area of the hospital. Luhan had his backs to the others as he set up his blueprints of the renovation he has made.

“Sorry I was late,” Luhan explained as he quickly set up his presentation. “I had to catch the train and then I got lost, so I’m sorry,” Luhan turned around to the rest of the meeting.

There he found himself locking eyes with a very, very surprised Yoona. Again she was very shocked and her anxiety levels went up again. Out of all the architecture that Korea has to offer, they had to hire Luhan. Was a joke being played on her? Does her destiny decide to be cruel to her again? Hasn’t she coped enough?

Luhan was surprised as well, he did not expect this when he should have. There was Yoona sitting in her doctors coat with her name on it, it reminded him of the time she was in college and he gifted her a doctors coat that had Yoona’s name stitched on it. Also it had “I believe you’ll reach your dreams-L” stitched onto it as well, a little message that Luhan wanted to give his girlfriend at the time.

Now here she is wearing an professional doctors coat, she achieved all of her dreams and Luhan was glad to witness her strive for it. Luhan gave her a smile but deep down he started to get nervouse infront of her it was because Yoona wasn’t some random doctor sitting infront of him; she was once the love of his life.

On New Years Eve Luhan didn’t get a real glimps of her or talk to her, seeing her now in her outlet made him happy to see she looks so comfortable at where she is. She looked healthy, still skinny and a finally she her facial features have mature unlike eight years ago, she was a 22 year old that looked like a 17 year old because of her baby face.

Luhan had to be professional even though all he wanted was to talk to Yoona and have a proper conversation with her because he didn't get to on New Years Eve. “So I am Xi Luhan an architect and owner of Xi’s productions. A little back round  about me…”

Yoona wanted to escape, she didn’t want to listen to Luhan or be anywhere near Luhan. Eight years ago she never thought that she would have to see him again let alone have him working around her workplace. Why oh why is this happening to her? Cant she just live a simple life?

Yoona didn’t listen to the meeting at all, she was too busy thinking about the past. She couldn’t help it but as soon as she saw Luhan, a wave of old memories flooded her brain and honestly it made Yoona miss it. She hardly looked at Luhan, she kept looking out in the window wishing she was anywhere else but at that conference room.

As soon as the conference ended Yoona ran straight out of the conference room to avoid having any conversations with Luhan. She ran as fast as she could and Luhan could see that. He knew she wasn’t listening he kept looking at her while he was presenting his ideas to the others but he could just see she was just staring out at the window. She was physically there but not exactly there.  He honestly doesn’t blame her but he just wished she would treat this professionally, look at him and listen to his great ideas.

It has been eight years, why is she still acting like this? He knew that he hurt her but hasn’t she moved on like he has?

Yoona couldn’t run that far because her boss stopped her, “Dr. Im,” he called out. Yoona has no choice but to do the walk of shame and walk back to her boss who was standing by the door of the conference room. The walls were all glass and everyone from the inside can see and she knew Luhan could see her.

Luhan definitely saw it and he also Yoona walking off with her boss at the opposite direction. He wanted to follow them and speak to Yoona privately and have an adult conversation but he couldn't he had to stay back at the conference room and answers questions from everyone else.

 


“We need a new cardiologist department,” Yoona’s boss explained as Yoona took a seat in his office. Yoona loves her boss, he is very laid back but has a very strict way of organizing his workers and the cardiologist department. “But isn’t the one we have now good enough?”

Yoona’s boss just laughed, “We work for Shinwa hospital, ranked as the best hospital in Asia. We can loose the ranking if we don’t continue to innovate, you work in the department and you see that the walls of the cardiologist department is much older then you, flooring needs to be change, a lot needs to revamp so we can look just as great as the other departments that have recently been renovated. Also the hospital is giving us a fortune towards the renovation of the cardiologist department, meaning better technology and equipment will train you on later,”

“I see sir but why am I apart of this, I’m only just a doctor I cut open people’s hearts that’s what I do best,” Yoona explained wondering why she was asked to go to the meeting.

“But Yoona you’re the head doctor of the department meaning your one step below me,” Yoona’s boss reminded her. “We need you there to represent the other doctors. That’s why I want you to work closely work with Luhan the architect from the meeting,”

Yoona closed her eyes and wished she did not just hear that. Why is this happening to her. Just yesterday she was living a simple life and now she has to work with Luhan?

“But why?” Yoona asked trying to not sound whiney. “I’m am busy, I have so many patients to look after and I’m doing at least 3 major operations a week which a normal doctor cannot perform,”

“I need you to cut down on those operations and give them to others doctors because as of today I am assigning you to work with Mr. Xi. You need to tell him what the department needs, what colour the walls should be, how big the recovery rooms are, where storage rooms go, what nurses and doctors need. You will be the voice of others, so I suggest you collect your information from the other doctors, nurses, cleaners. Tell Luhan, he’ll design it and then pass it to the board who will either deny or pass it,”

Still Yoona wasn’t looking forward to it, constant meetings with Luhan? She would much rather perform an open heart surgery on herself then work with him. But theres nothing she can do, it was part of her job. The best she can do is see Luhan as less as she can, or even get one of her assistance to conduct meetings with him instead of her.

“Lastly, I need you to meet up with Luhan and discuss the flooring with him, you go to the staff and see what they suggest send me the email and I’ll set up a coffee meeting with you and him and talk about it. I suggest that you give him a present, you know something that will make him feel welcomed in the cardiologist department. He is going to be with us for a few months where he will be measuring and designing the area,”

Why would Yoona want to get Luhan a present after what he has done to her? “What do you want me to get him?” Yoona asked frustratingly.

“I don’t know, something good that will make him feel welcomed. Something he will hopefully like,”


 

Authors note:

Sorry about the crappy update but I need to stick to my weekly updates, anyways I just want to tell you guys theres a new Fic that I started writing and that I hope you guys check it out 
http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/773799/royal-pain-romance-kaistalhun