Awkward Reunion

One More Chance

Never in her wildest dreams did Yoona ever think she would bump into Xi Luhan in her life and never in Luhan's lifetime did he think he would bump into Im Yoona ever again.

Was it a jinks by Sehun or did faith have to mess with Luhan and Yoona once again? It was a surreal and very awkward moment. It has been eight years seen they have seen each other, Yoona was convinced that Luhan was working overseas and Luhan thought that Yoona was married. 

Not only the once ex lovers were surprised to see each other, Yuri and the guys are just as shocked as they haven't seen Yoona and Luhan together in over 8 years. 

To make matters worse Yoona, nor did Luhan knew what to do in this situation. It has been almost eight years since that day they stopped talking to each. So much wants to be said by the two but both don't know how to come out with it as both haven't seen each other in years, theres too much to say that they don't know what to start with. Since then they both haven’t heard anything about each other, they didn’t cross paths within social media and their friends didn’t bother to have them on social media out of respect for their friend.

For Yoona it felt so weird to see Luhan’s face again. In eight years he hasn’t aged at all, yes his features have gotten a little manlier but he still had that innocent face that she once loved. As for Luhan, things didn’t feel so jolly as well, he was glad to see Yoona alive and well, admittedly she has gotten prettier but mostly things didn’t feel any different from eight years ago.

It was one of those situations where either sides don’t know what to do, is a “hey” good enough? Both wanted to know what happened to either of the two but both don’t want to make it seem obvious that they were curious.

Luckily Luhan some kind of certainty to avoid this awkward interaction into another set of direction, possibly a more positive interaction. “Hi Yoona,” Luhan tilted his head in a bow to show his respects for the girl.

It’s weird how one day Yoona would greet Luhan with a kiss, or a hug but now it’s just a simple “hi”, a head tilt and a bow. Its funny how people can change in your life. “Hello,” Yoona greeted back with a forced smiled. “And hello guys,” Yoona greeted the other guys sitting at the table.

Still it was purely awkward. No one knew what to do or what to say next, secretly Luhan wanted to talk to Yoona and see how she is. “It’s weird running into you,” Luhan spoke up trying to shape pass the awkwardness.

“It is,” Yoona smiled again.

“How long has it been?” Luhan asked indicating when was the last time they have seen each other. “Seven years I believe?”

“No, eight actually,” Yoona corrected Luhan.

“Ahh okay,” Luhan was tried his absolute best to not make this awkward situation more awkward then it already is. “Do you want to get a drink or something?”

Yoona just nodded, she couldn’t really say no because where else does she have to go and a apart of her was a little curious to hear about Luhan’s life and get the closure she deserved eight years ago. This can either go well or make things worse, but Yoona and Luhan have been broken up for eight years, what do they have got to loose?

Yoona and Luhan went to the bar, quickly got a drink and then headed out to somewhere more quiet, out in the balcony. It was the start of the new year so everyone was busy partying inside.

“So what have you been up to?” Luhan asked Yoona as he leaned onto the railings with his back facing the view of the party inside. “Nothing much just working like crazy,” yoona answered.

“Oh where do you work?”

“At a hospital, I’m a cardiologist,” Yoona answered again as she took a sip of her drink. Honestly speaking, talking to Luhan made her some kind of nervous. Not the nervousness she gets before she performs a surgical operation but the kind of nervousness of a feeling of rejection coming her way. She was nervous how this will end and she was nervous to talk about the past and the truth.

“Ahh so you ended with your dream job as a doctor,” Yoona nodded in response to Luhan.

“What about you?” Yoona asked, seemingly a little curious. “What have you been up to?”

“You know here and there, I ended up working for different architecture companies around the world, I would fly in and out of Korea so often that after last year I decided to open my own firm and settle in Korea. So now I manage my own international business and I am also a professor at Korea national University,”

Yoona was definitely impressed with Luhan, actually she was impressed at the both of them for achieving their dreams that they once made together eight years ago. From memory Yoona wished to be a specialist doctor and Luhan wanted to start his own firm and build at least one building in at least three continents. What shocked each other is that they both planned to achieve these dreams together but ended up pursing it all by themselves.

“How long have you been a doctor then?” Luhan asked trying to make some sort of conversation.

“About five years, I did study in the US for my last 2 college years then transferred back to Korea and graduated here. I then went back to the states and worked there for about two years and then came back and got a job here,”

Luhan could see that Yoona was very different. Eight years ago, Yoona would light up the room with a single smile. She didn’t have a reason to smile, she just loved to smile and make people happy. Now Yoona could barely move to even form a simple smile. Luhan wasn’t sure if it was because of him or because she doesn’t want to be here talking to him. Either one, Luhan could sense something different about Yoona, she wasn’t the same. She was there but something in her dead.

“Well I better get going I don’t want to keep you away from your friends,” Yoona bid her farewell as this was getting too much for her. After all these years she wanted closure from Luhan, but now she would much rather spend as far away from him as possible.

It was odd, Yoona did not feel comfortable at all, she felt weird vibes and just wanted to leave as soon as possible. Honestly she was happy the way things were, away from Luhan.

“It was really nice talking to you Luhan,” Yoona continued, “I’m glad you made your dreams come true,”

Luhan didn’t want the conversation to end, he wanted to get to know Yoona more. He could sense that Yoona didn’t want to be there making him no choice but to let her go again. What was the meaning of this meeting? Luhan was a firm believer of everything has a reason behind it, so what was the reason?

“Okay well, you too and I hope you have a good new years,” Luhan sadly waved good bye.

“You too,” Yoona slightly smiled as she walked back into the club.

For a moment Luhan stayed on the balcony, feeling a little empty. He felt so sad somehow and wished he could talk to Yoona more. There was so much he wanted to talk to her about and he didn’t exactly know where to start.

They both has so much history and always Yoona will have a special place in his heart. He found it sad that she just came into his life like that and within ten minutes walked right out. It sadden him she wanted nothing to do with him because if she did, she would still be talking to him right now. His feelings could not be described, but Luhan knew that maybe their paths will come across again. He once loved her and he will always love her.

“Hi have you seen Yoona?” Luhan looked up to see a very mature looking Yuri. Since he hasn’t heard of Yoona in years neither has he with Yuri. Yuri and Luhan were once so close because of Yoona, since the break up they havent spoken to each other since. Luhan at one point did miss the friendship he had with Yuri, she was so out going, very confident and Luhan missed that. It was weird hearing Yuri speak greet him formally, as once upon a time ago Yuri would greet him with an insult as a joke.

“She just walked back inside,” Luhan pointed out.

“Ahh thanks,” Yuri smiled with no intensions talking to him anymore. She turned around ready to be leave but Luhan stopped her before she could. “By the way Yuri, I notice theres something with Yoona. Shes changed alot,”

Yuri chuckled thinking how stupid is this boy. She really did not want to get involve but since Yoona is her best friend she may have to. She is no fan of Luhan only because she has seen the worst of Yoona caused by Luhan. She had her reasons and her hatred cannot be helped but at the same time, Luhan was once her friend so she laid some respect for him instead of being rude.

“It’s been eight- nine years, if you don’t expect her to change then you must be crazy,” Yuri explained. “But I do understand what you mean, ever since the break up Yoona has never been the same, she can  be so bitter,”

Yuri smiled as she walked away back to the party, "Have a good new year Luhan."

Luhan suddenly felt a wave of guilt, he knew that he caused massive damage to once a beautiful girl.