Building Dreams

One More Chance

 

 

December 2003

“Luhan!” Luhan looked around to find the voice calling him but he really couldn't find anyone call out his name. “Luhan!” Luhan looked around again but this he found Yoona sitting a few meters from him. Luhan just got on the train to get to his class, since it was during early rush hour the train was full giving him no choice but to stand. Luckily his stop isn't that far away.

Since seeing Yoona smiling at him and signalizing him to come sit with her, he decided to take her offer on it. Yes it did excite him, it gave him a sense of happiness to even accidently bump onto her on the train. Deep down Luhan questioned this meeting as coincidence or faith? 

He hasn’t seen Yoona since the day he walked her to class. It’s been a week since he has talked to her and truthfully it excited Luhan to see her once again. He never got the chance to get Yoona’s number and he is far too scared to ask for it, so to accidently bump into her was defiantly the best thing that Luhan could ask for at least this gives this an advantage to advancement to get to know this girl more. 

“How are you?” Yoona asked as Luhan sat down on the spare chair next to the girl.

“I’m really good thank you, you?” Luhan asked.

“Likewise,” Yoona smiled.

This is officially the second time Luhan has talked to Yoona and still he finds himself so nervous that he could hurl into a bush. He watched his words carefully just incase he made a mistake, he made sure he was sitting closely to her but making sure their skin aren’t touching just incase he gets a little excited. From what he has gathered Yoona was extremely attractive, she was defined as y or hot but she natrually was pretty. Luhan is no make up expert but he could see that she is hardly wearing makeup and thats what he likes so much about her, she didn't have to try to be pretty because her natrual beauty spoke out itself. 

A 20 second silence formed after their little introduction. It for sure was awkward because both hardly knew each other, both wanted to know more about each other and both didn't know where to start the conversation. After Luhan didn’t know what to say, not that he has nothing to say, he had too many things to say that he didn’t know where to start. It freaked him out that he couldn’t hold a conversation with Yoona, it scared him that his silence will scare her away making her think that he's socially impareable or something. Luhan was standing on a thin line here, one mistake and it can scare Yoona away.

Luckily Yoona was not in any nervous state as Luhan so she continued the conversation without noticing the boy sitting next to her is an in awful state. “So you’re off to class?” Yoona asked the boy.

Luhan couldn’t really bring out an words to speak so he smiled and nodded in response to Yoona’s question. “What about you?” Luhan finally gained the courage to ask after continuing to think of something to say. “I don’t have a class until this afternoon but I want to get to the library early so I can find a seat,” Yoona explained.

“Why the library? Won’t you be a few hours early?” Luhan asked.

“I’m a medicine student, all I do in my free time is study,” Yoona smiled. It is true, Yoona spends maybe 6 hours a day to study. She’s a medicine student that needs to constantly needs to study if not she will fail. Yeah it is tiring but in her mind, in the end it will all be worth it.

For a couple of train stops Yoona and Luhan talked about their interest and their college courses. Luhan has managed to make Yoona laugh several times in their conversation making Yoona loved Luhan’s company. She’s such a shy girl but talking to Luhan made her want to open up to her which is a rare occurance. 

Together they got off the train together still enjoying each other’s company and walked to school together. After a 20 minute walk from the station they got to the gates of the school. “I guess its time for class,” said Luhan as they walked into school.

“Oh please help me,” Yoona laughed, “So over studying,”

The library was located in the heart of the university, so it was only nice of Luhan to walk Yoona to the front of the library before he heads to class which is on the other side of the campus. Farewells were just as awkward as the first five minutes of meeting each other again. Luhan didn’t know if he should hug her, thank her or finally ask for number.

“So,” Luhan smiled before bidding farewell. “Since we go to the same school, maybe you should give me you num…”

“I really don’t want to spend the next 4 hours studying in the library,” Yoona protested cutting Luhan off who was in the midst of asking for her phone number. “Wanna get breakfast with me or something?”

During her time with Luhan, Yoona noticed how much fun it is to talk to him which has never really felt with anyone. As stated before Yoona is very shy. During high school she only had one which was Yuri who is still her friend. Yoona’s life has always been dedicated to studying, where in high school she didn’t have a social life at all. So to talk to someone that isn’t her family or Yuri she enjoyed.

“I have class,” Luhan sadly hesitated. Of course he wanted to have breakfast with Yoona thats the dream, even though he’s had breakfast already he wouldn’t mind having it with Yoona again. However, university is important and exams are coming up so attending class is essential.

Luhan watched Yoona give a force smile, he knew she was slightly disappointed and he too was disappointed in himself for turning down an offer that probably will never happen again.

“It’s okay, maybe it is best I should study,” Yoona responded as she was ready to turn around and head to the library.

“You know what,” Luhan said making Yoona turn around to face him again. “screw going to class, I’m so over studying at the moment as well,”

Yoona’s smile went big, she’s a straight A student that never misses an opportunity to skip studying but at this moment she believed she needed a well deserved break from her studying. Going to breakfast won’t hurt her studies right?

“I know a place,” Yoona smiled.


---

“I honestly don’t know what to get,” Luhan pointed as schemed through the menu. Yoona found a place for her and Luhan to eat breakfast. It wasn’t far from the campus, it was a small café known for college students to have breakfast there before class. 
“Neither,” Yoona smiled as she too was looking onto the menu deciding what to get.

“You just said you want the pancakes?” Luhan pointed out.

“I know but everything looks so good,” Yoona continued. “I think I’ll get the eggs benedict, no the chocolate waffles,”

“I never realize how indecisive you are,” Luhan laughed. He actually find it cute how quickly she changed her mind. It was something about Yoona that gravitaded him towards her more. 

“Are you ready to order?” the waiter asked as she approached their table. Still the two did not know what to order, everything on the menu seemed to delicious that they have to try it all. “I’ll just have the bacon and cheese burger,” Luhan ordered then looked at Yoona who was still concentrated on the menu.

“I’ll have the scramble eggs,” Yoona ordered. Luhan looked at Yoona with confusion, he swear to god scramble eggs was not mentioned when Yoona was picking out her order. She really was indisicive and Luhan loved it, little did he know a year down the track it would annoy him. 

The waiter took their menus and walked away leaving Yoona and Luhan alone again.

“You are so indecisive,” Luhan critic to Yoona’s uncertainty. Yoona just rolled her eyes, yes she has heard this many times before from friends and family, yet she still fails to think under pressure. “I’ve heard it a lot, you should see me in drive throughs I have anxiety attacks because I don’t know what to order,” Yoona explained. “I just like to order everything, I like to eat a lot it’s a past time hobby of mine.”

Luhan chuckled, the more time he spent with her, he just couldn’t help but find himself wanting to know more about Yoona. “How’s medicine school? Liking it?” Luhan asked Yoona to start some sort of conversation with her. He has realized that the more he talks to her the more calmer he feels, which is a great sign.

Yoona chuckled, “I love it but it is hard,” Yoona explained.

“But don’t you get tired of studying?” Luhan asked. Yoona just nodded, she definitely was exhausted, the long nights and early morning wake up call. “There’s nothing I can do I signed up for this course and I need to finish it,” Yoona explained.

“Wow,” Luhan’s eye’s widen. He was really shocked to see Yoona’s determination. From memory medicine is six years, he can’t even survive a year with his course, how much another five years. “Your parents must be proud, I’m guessing you were an honor student in high school?”

Of course she was, Yoona received the highest grades amongst her classmates and received valenvictorian award for having the highest grades. She was naturally smart but the constant eagerness to study did push Yoona to get to where she is. She didn’t really want to brag about it to Luhan because she doesn’t want him thinking she’s boasting because just like Luhan she was trying to impress him. 

“I guess,” Yoona smiled, “I just work really hard,”

Luhan could tell how smart Yoona was, the way she even deliver herself in a such presentable manner and the big words she used made Luhan belive that she’s a very smart indvidual. It’s a plus that she does medicine and there Luhan could tell that no unintelligent person can stand doing medicine, who has ever met a dumb doctor?

"You'll be earning so much when you become a doctor," Luhan pointed out. "Just remember me when you do become rich," 

Yoona chuckled, "I can't wait to be rich, I'm so over being a broke college student. All I want is a big closet filled with Chanel,"

"Don't worry one day when we do graduate will be so rich that you'll get your Chanel closet and I'll get my ferrari," Luhan added. 

"I also want a private plane," 

"Got to add a maid in there too," 

The two chuckled as they both knew that once they graduate they will be rich but to not that extent, maybe if Yoona married a billionair and Luhan wins the lotto. However, it was fun picking out their dreams together, it showed that both had a common interest in working hard and achieving a better life then what they had now. That's why Yoona admired Luhan so much because she's never met a male indvidual that is so egar to do well in his studies. Apart for herself, she could see the way Luhan presented himself he was brought up in a decent household which perscribes him to have a bright future. it's people like him that Yoona wants in her life, positive people that will only drag her to sucess. 

"Will get there Luhan," Yoona mentioned. "Will get there," 

and with a twist of faith 12 years later they did....

 

----

Together Luhan and Yoona didn’t do much, they just talked and talked. They didn’t have to do much to keep each other entertained. It was instant attraction and both could never end a conversation as there is so much to talk about, they both all have something to contribute as they are constantly getting to know each other.

After breakfast Luhan and Yoona walked back to the campus. It was already 11am close to lunch, breakfast shouldnt be that long but Luhan and Yoona had so much to talk about that time went by so fast.

"So do I call you oppa?" Yoona asked. 

"Youre only a month older," Luhan pointed. 

"But I'm a month more experienced then you," Yoona bumped Luhan's shoulder with hers playfully. "There for I'm youre Noona," 

"So Noona Yoona?" Luhan asked looking at Yoona who gave him a face that implied she didn't like. 

"Okay maybe just Yoona," Yoona suggested. 

By then they arrived back to the library which sat in the middle of the campus, right in between the architect department and medicine department. Their conversation stopped as both start to bid their farewells
 “I guess I’ll get going,” Yoona smiled. “Thank you so much for today, it was fun,”

“No its fine, have a good class,” Luhan waved as Yoona turned around to walk away. 

Luhan realled wanted to ask Yoona for her number because when will they ever meet again, both are two students out of ten thousand that attend this university. It was too late Yoona already entered the library making Luhan somewhat fustrated. He ran his hand through his hair as he turn around stomping his feet in fustration. 

"Luhan!" 

Luhan turned around and there standing infront of his Yoona. 

"I totally forgot," Yoona contiuned. "I really had a good time having breakfast with you and I think we should do it again," 

Luhan smiled he liked where this was going, "I agree," 

"Can I have your number? You know just incase I need someone to go to breakfast with," 

Luhan smiled and pulled out his phone.

Ten years later Luhan still had that number 

 

 


Authors note
thank you guys for your sweet comments, thank you for reading my fic and subbing!!!! I know its getting confusing but yes some chapters are flashbacks because the story needs to show what Luhan and Yoona were like when they met. Like I said it is based off a true story so I need to show you guys how they met and such to how they are now. You can tell if it is a flashback by the very first two words of the story. If its a flashback it would say a date, preferably from 2003-2007 but apart from that I'm going to start putting "present day" in the chapters that represent now. I wont be adding random flashbacks as there will have some connections to the present day. I know the last flash back and this one doesn't say much but they do have some sort of significance as they are there to explain how Luhan and Yoona started. 

So I hope you enjoy it and please keep reading. it would help me out if you guys comment, sub and upvote. THank you again and please stay tune for the next chapter <3<3<3