I'm Back

Hate, Despise, Loathe!

*Hi, Eric… Hahaha, it is so awkward for me to write this suddenly to you when we were on a bad term at the beginning. I regretted that my hatred took control over me and I didn’t even give you a chance to you at all. I have a story about this guy named Eric Mun or his real name is Eric Mun and another guy named Hyesung. You see, he is a high school student who likes to create trouble at school and one day he befriended with one of the student councils. I can’t actually remember how they became friends because the next thing I know is Eric kept following the student council around. Although at first, Eric was the most annoying guy he ever met but at the same time, he brighten my days the most. He had this habit where when he is nervous or scared, he would have the urge play with his foot. He likes almost all things that smell fresh. He doesn’t like to stand out because he likes when he has the chance to give spotlight to other people who needs it. He is like a child trapped in an adult body because he likes to do all the childish stuffs. He likes to talk about the things he like and you can see passion in his eyes. But most importantly, he would try not to involve the people he loved in his pain and sickness because he would feel guilty about it for no reason. So, Eric-ah, please come back and I promise I will fix things right. Love, Hyesung*

XXX

(A few months later)

Knock… Knock… Knock…

‘Hyung?’ Andy cautiously peeked inside in case that his brother was sleeping. Ever since the film ended, Eric received a lot of offers once he got back from Korea. Although it wasn’t some big shots movies, but it was still worth it.

‘Oh Andy! Come here!’ Eric smiled widely as he gestured him to come inside. He just got back from work and now that the break was over, Andy had started college and he barely saw him anymore.

‘Can I talk to you for awhile?’ he asked calmly but Eric noticed the nervousness in his tone.

‘Of course you can! But, what’s up with the box?’

Andy gripped the box tighter and put it on the table before sitting on the bed next to Eric.

‘Whatever that I’m going to say, please don’t be mad’ he said nervously.

‘Of course I won’t! Unless if you kill someone’ he joked but Andy just gave a small smile.

‘You made me promise you before you undergo the surgery’

Eric blinked his eyes in confusion as he clearly didn’t remember anything, ‘Really?’

‘Yeah… You fell in love once hyung’ he broke the news calmly.

‘Tell me about it’ Eric said with his eyes lit up like a Christmas ball.

‘But you broke up with that person before we moved here’

‘But why?’

‘Because you don’t want him to suffer if the surgery went wrong and you knew the consequences beforehand that is you won’t remember certain people in your life’

‘What happened to him now? Do you know?’

Andy took a deep breath and he tried not to tear up, ‘He is the son of the director you worked with back in Korea. And that’s why he hated you when you guys met’

Eric’s breath hitched and his eyes widen, ‘H-Hyesung?’. Andy nodded.

‘Why didn’t you tell me?’ he asked with a heartbreak.

‘Because… I never thought that this things would happen! I’m sorry’ he started sobbing. Eric sighed as he knew he couldn’t blame his brother and the past of what happened. He wrapped his arms around Andy and consoled him.

‘I-I’m sorry’ he muttered again.

‘It’s not your fault, Andy-ah’ he said gently.

Andy stood up and pointed to the box, ‘You told me to throw it but I couldn’t bring myself to do it, so I kept it. Never thought that it would help you’ he rushed out the door before he could feel more guilty. Eric used all of his courage to check the things inside and what he found made his heart started beating, breath hitched and the feel of same old love.

XXX

(A year later)

*Actor Eric Mun is going to leave his home to stay at his homeland permanently*

*Guess that we will be hearing about this actor more often now!*

Eric couldn’t care less about the articles the press wrote when they found out about Eric starting a new life in Korea because all he knew was that he needed to go to a place soon after he landed. And that was what he was doing. He wanted and needed to explain everything to Hyesung about everything and told him that he knew. But when he went to his apartment, Hyesung wasn’t there and it saddened Eric because he didn’t knew how to contact Hyesung. He changed his number and couldn’t remember Hyesung’s number when he knew he should have wrote it in a piece of paper.

‘He’s not here huh’ Eric muttered and pressed the lift.

‘Eric oppa?!’ someone said in surprised and when Eric looked up he was happy to see CL as she might know where Hyesung was.

‘Hey, CL. Do you know where Hyesung is?’

‘At his office… But what are you doing here in Korea?’

‘To see him. Thanks, CL! I’ll buy you lunch some day’ he said hurriedly and went inside the lift.

XXX

 ‘Excuse me, where can I see Hyesung?’ Eric asked at the counter. Everyone there instantly recognised the star and started whispering about how amazing he looked in real life.

‘Level 2’

‘Okay, thanks’ he smiled and rushed off.

(Hyesung’s office)

Knock… Knock… Knock…

‘Come in’

‘Hyesung?’ Eric cautiously looked inside the office only to see Hyesung staring him with a pair of wide eyes.

‘E-Eric’ he didn’t mean to stutter but he couldn’t believe that he was in the same room as the actor.

‘I’m back’ he chuckled awkwardly while scratching his head.

‘W-What are you doing here?’

‘To explain why I left’ he suddenly turned serious.

‘Huh?’ the director blinked his eyes in confusion.

‘Why I left you behind without a proper explanation. Why I left you behind feeling so hurt when I can’t remember anything about you. About us’

Hyesung’s heart was starting to beat loudly and fast but he didn’t dare to say a word.

‘But I’m sure the reason why I did that was because I loved you, because I didn’t dare to make you wait for me, because I thought you deserved someone else. That was the reason why I did it. Before the operation, I wrote myself a letter about you and about us and a reminder that I should keep in mind. I’m sorry, Hyesung, I really do’

‘E-Eric-ah…’ Hyesung started to get teary. Eric slowly making his way towards Hyesung to wipe off his tears.

‘There, there… I’m here now, Hyesungie’ he hugged the younger guy gently. Only God knew how much Hyesung missed the nickname making him to hug Eric tighter.

‘W-When you left, half of me died and I couldn’t move on. When you came back, I was hurt and angry and I felt even worse when you can’t remember me because I thought you wanted to pretend nothing ever happened’ he started babbling and instantly was shushed down with a sweet kiss from Eric.

‘Stop. Stop talking about the past. Now, I’m here. For good’

‘Does that mean…’ Hyesung looked at him to make sure what he was going to say was the same like what he was thinking.

Eric grinned widely and nodded his head, ‘Hmm… I’m staying in Korea. With you. And I promise I’ll never leave’

Now Hyesung cried for good, ‘I’ll kill you if you break your promise’

‘Don’t worry, I don’t mind if it’s you’ he joked.

‘Yah, Eric Mun!’ he looked angrily at Eric but later his mouth formed a chuckle.

‘Say… Do you want to go on a date with me tomorrow?’

Hyesung raised his eyebrows, ‘Don’t you think it’s too early for that?’ he teased.

Eric sensed his teasing and pretended by shrugging his shoulder casually, ‘If you don’t want to, it’s fine. See you later, Hyesung’ he waved his hands.

‘Eric!’ he grabbed his wrist with a pout, ‘I was just kidding…’ he muttered shyly.

‘I know…’ he chuckled and hugged him back, ‘I love you, Hyesungie’

Eric could felt that Hyesung was grabbing his shirt tighter and could hear he said, ‘I-I love you too, Eric’

*Everyone says love hurts, but that is not true. Loneliness hurts. Rejection hurts. Losing someone hurts. Envy hurts. Everyone get these things confused with love. But in reality love is the only thing in this world that covers up all pain and makes someone feel wonderful again*