Happy Birthday

Hate, Despise, Loathe!

On one early morning where the sunlight shine through the window of Hyesung's room, the handsome young film director hadn't woken up yet. Even when the alarm clock that was on the table started making noise that the whole nation hated, he still didn't awake. Instead he scratched his arms and rolled around the bed under the cosy blanket. As if it was a natural thing to do, his hand s through the blanket to take his phone. Looking at the time and date, he put back his phone and closed his eyes again until... He sat up straight like a soldier and checked the calendar again. 

Unknown to people, he still remembered what day was that day and it made him nervous all of the sudden especially when the birthday boy appeared into his life again. He knew he could've just stayed in and did other stuffs like reediting the film he just filmed but he somehow wanted to be there at the set where he was sure that Eric was going to be there as well.

It was true that he hated Eric so much because he pretended that whatever happened between them before never existed and it made Hyesung furious and extremely hurt especially when they were together for 2 years. But now, Hyesung's anger towards him decreased. No matter how much he hated him, he was actually glad that he came back but it didn't mean that he must let guard down. No way! Not anymore! 

Enough of self-thinking, Hyesung immediately got out from bed to take a shower before leaving to the set. He was sure that his dad was downstairs having breakfast with his wife. Making sure that his hair was prefect and he dressed nicely, he made his way down.

'Good morning~' Hyesung chirped happily as he kissed his mum good morning.

'Morning, honey' Hyesung's mum smiled.

'Dad, I'm going to the set with you okay' he announced before gobbling the food that was waiting to be eaten.

'Eh? I thought that you just want to stay home'

'Nah, I'm too lazy to do the editing today. Plus I've done most of it' he casually lied.

His dad shrugged his shoulder, 'Okay, we'll leave after breakfast' he said.

'Yes, boss!' he cheekily replied.

(On the other side of the city)

'HYUNG!!' Andy started shouting for his brother.

'What?' Eric frowned as he walked out from his room.

'HAPPY BIRTHDAY~~~' he grinned widely as he presented a big meal that he made himself for his beloved brother.

Eric grinned widely and hugged him tightly, 'Thank you, Andy-ah... I'm so touched' he said before he sat at the dining table.

'This is the first time you're not celebrating with mum and dad, so I hope that you feel like you're home' he explained.

'Aigoo~~ This cute brother of mine. You really should find someone to spoil you' he teased as he started eating. Andy blushed and suddenly thought of his classmate, Junjin.

'W-What are you talking about?' he muttered quietly. After the breakfast, they hurriedly made their way to the location set as the location was quite far than usual.

XXX

'And... CUT!' the director said out loud and continued, 'Alright! That's all for today, thanks everyone' he smiled with satisfaction.

'Hyung, come with me for awhile' Andy instantly dragged Eric away before Eric could change his clothes or remove his makeup.

'What?' he asked in confusion.

'HAPPY BIRTHDAY!' everyone shouted when they saw Eric approaching and started singing. The whole team knew about Eric's birthday and they decided to throw a surprise birthday party for him before they went home.

'T-Thank you, guys' Eric was indeed speechless. He blowed the candles and cut the cake.

'Hyung, these are for you. From your fans!' Andy said excitedly as he carried boxes and excused himself to put the boxes in the car.

'F-Fans?' Eric blinked his eyes in confusion. They haven't finished filming yet but still, Eric had fans.

'Yeah, your fans!' one of the writers said and gestured Eric to cut the cake into pieces for the whole crew. Even though the cake was small, the crews managed to buy other food such as chicken and beer for them to eat especially when they were done for that day. As he was distributing the food personally, he noticed someone was missing.

'Where's Hyesung?' Eric asked CL.

CL shrugged her shoulder, 'I don't know but I saw him around there just now' she pointed towards a direction. 

'Oh thanks' Eric smiled. He packed some food and tried to look for Hyesung at the direction CL shown.

'There you are!' Eric remarked when he saw Hyesung standing along against the wall.

Hyesung was stunned by the sudden calling, and when he saw it was Eric, he loosen up.

'For you' Eric gave him the plastic plate.

'Thanks' he muttered and took the plate from him. The atmosphere between them was awkward and silent. Eric didn't know what to say to him all of the sudden, he didn't know if he should drop hints about his birthday or just change a topic. Hyesung on the other hand didn't know how to bring up Eric's birthday without being obvious.

'Hmm... Happy Birthday' Hyesung wished.

Eric smiled faintly at him as he was happy that the person he wanted to impress finally wished him, 'I was looking for you just now. Where did you go?'

'Just standing... Here' he looked at the spot he was standing.

'I never like surrounded myself with many people, just like just now. I thought that I can wish you after those celebration' he confessed.

'Well...' Eric leaned again the wall beside Hyesung and continued, 'I never like big events. I mean, I appreciate what they did for me, I really do. But I'm the low key kind of person' he said. Hyesung didn't surprised by his words because he already knew that Eric never liked those kind of big events. Just like him.

'Anyway, I should get going. Andy must have been looking for me now' Eric stood up straight before bidding goodbye.

'Wait! Before you go...' 

'Since the filming is ending, I want to invite you to my house. But only if you're free' he shyly said without looking at Eric.

Eric couldn't hide his grin as he beamed towards Hyesung, 'Really? Why?'

'Consider it as a post birthday celebration. Just text me when you're free'

'But I don't have your phone number' he said innocently. Hyesung slapped his face mentally and later told Eric his phone number. 

'I will text you as soon as possible when I asked Andy for my schedule' he said happily as he started running away from Hyesung.

'Okay' he nodded and watched Eric leave. Once he left, Hyesung felt like hitting his head on the wall. He shouldn't be nice to Eric! 

But...

Everyone didn't know that actually Hyesung remembered every single thing about Eric including his birthday even though he told his friends and family that he moved on. With an excuse 'It was just high school love, nothing serious'. But how can it be a high love when he never meet someone who was the same or even better than Eric after the broke up, he thought.

But when Eric appeared again in his life, he had mixed feelings. He was angry and more furious when Eric pretended not to know him but as time went by, he was sad and tried to accept that that was what Eric wanted. Maybe because Eric didn't want anyone to know about his past or maybe Eric had someone special back in US.