He's Back!

Hate, Despise, Loathe!

*It's official, Eric Mun is the main cast for Discovery of Romance!*

*Discovery of Romance is going to be the first movie for the American-Korean actor*

'Wah, hyung~ Look at these articles! They are writing some good remarks about you' a guy who was in his early 20s said in excitement.

'That's good then... I was afraid that they won't accept a newbie in the business' another guy sighed in relieved.

Eric Mun who had been living in American for 7 years finally decided to make his debut in Korea. He felt like he should have a connection with the place where he was born. Luckily for him, the company he signed with agreed to bring his brother with him and he was assigned as his manager. 

'Eyyy people like you, hyung. They are supporting you, so you can't think negatively' Andy, who was also his brother said in encouragement.

'Okay, Andy-ah' Eric smiled and ruffled his hair.

In 7 years, it was his first time coming to Korea as he had no other family there so there was no point going there. His company had rented an apartment for them to stay and because of the company's generosity, they could stay in Korea a few weeks after the filming ended before flying back to US.

'We're here' a representative from Eric's company said when they arrived at an apartment building. 

After unloading their bags from the car to the respective apartment, the representative excused himself.

'I would contact Andy if there's anything. You have Eric's schedules right?' he looked at Andy.

'Yes' the 23 years old nodded eagerly as it was his first job for the semester break.

'Okay. If you have any questions, just call me' he smiled.

'Alright, thank you for your time' both of the siblings bowed politely to him.

Right after the representative left, they ran around the apartment like kids and then, they started unpacking their stuffs. Around 4 pm, Eric had a script session with other actors and actresses  and he needed to make a good first impression since it was his first meeting with them.

'I'm nervous, Andy-ah' Eric said anxiously when they were walking towards the room where they were supposed to meet.

'Don't be. Just be yourself and don't forget to smile' Andy smiled.

'Okay. I can do this!' he took a deep breath before knocking.

Knock... Knock... Knock...

'Excuse me, is this the script reading session for Discovery of Romance?' Eric asked politely when he saw many people in the room.

A middle-aged man looked closely at him before giving a big smile.

'Eric Mun! Welcome~ We've been waiting for you!' he said in a friendly manner.

Eric just smiled shyly and entered the room with Andy following him from behind.

'I hope I'm not late... Before I forget, this is my manager, Andy' he introduced Andy to the director.

'Hello~' he bowed politely. 

'No, no, you're not late. Please take a seat' he gestured. 

Andy on the other hand excused himself and told Eric he would wait for him outside. He didn't see another person and as a result, he bumped into the guy.

'Oh, I'm sorry. Let me help' Andy said apologetically and helped the person to pick up his stuffs.

'It's okay. Just be careful next time okay' he smiled before leaving.

'Yes, sir' he bowed. Before the person left, Andy got to see his face and somehow he reminded Andy of someone but the maknae couldn't remember.

Andy : Where did I see him before..?

The person who was carrying the scripts went inside the room where Andy exited earlier. As soon as he turned around, he made an eye contact with Eric and immediately the scripts fell on the ground again.

'Are you okay, Hyesung?' the director said with concern.

'Y-Yeah, I'm fine' he nodded and picked up the scripts. Then, he felt like someone helped him and when he looked up, it was Eric. He froze at his spot leaving Eric to pick everything up for him.

'Here you go' Eric smiled as he passed the papers to Hyesung before sitting back at his place.

Hyesung rearranged the papers before distributing them to each actors and actresses. When it came to Eric, he stared at Eric as if he was analysing the guy.

'Are you okay..?' Eric asked with concern.

'Nothing' Hyesung shook his head before sitting beside the film director.

The director noticed his son's weird behaviour and didn't say anything, 'So since everyone's here, let's get started okay. Each and everyone of you, please introduce yourself' 

Everyone did what they were told and Hyesung became more attentive when it was Eric's turn, 'Hello, my name is Eric Mun and a newbie in this industry. Please correct me if I do mistakes and teach me about acting' 

Hyesung : Eric..?

'Is that your real name?' Hyesung suddenly asked.

'No... My real name is Junghyuk' he replied politely though he was surprised by the sudden question. The answer made Hyesung's heart stopped but he didn't say anything after that.

The whole time Hyesung was observing Eric, he noticed that the guy acted normally and it made Hyesung angry rather than hurt. Hurt is an understatement word for him since he was hurt a long time ago. He couldn't believe his luck that he must work with the guy who broke his heart 7 years ago! 

'Wait!' Hyesung called Eric after the session ended.

'Yes?' 

'Do you know Shin Hyesung?' Hyesung raised his eyebrows suspiciously because he wanted to see if Eric was just pretending not recognising him.

'Yeah, I do' he smiled.

Hyesung's heart started beating but got his heart crushed when he heard Eric's next words.

'That's your name right. You're the director's son and currently under his wings. I hope that we can get along well!' Eric said innocently.

Hyesung tried hard not to punch his face, 'Even if I die, I won't get along with you!' he said coldly and left Eric behind. 

Hyesung : So he wants to play 'I don't know you and you don't know me' game huh. Fine, let's play that game. Bastard!

Eric just blinked his eyes in confusion as he didn't know what he did to him that made him angry. Sighing and thinking the possibilities, he saw his brother waiting for him at the lobby.

'Hyung, how did it go?' Andy asked excitedly.

'It was fun! Everyone is nice, but...' another sigh was heard and they both walked towards their car.

'What's wrong, hyung?'

'Nothing. But there's this guy, he seems to hate me. I don't think I met him before, so I don't know what did I do wrong' he pouted and complained as he entered the car.

'What's his name?' Andy asked.

'Hmm, Shin Hyesung I guess'

Andy looked at him in shocked but quickly regained his composure so that Eric won't notice a thing. 

'Well, I'm sure that you guys can get along. You're likeable, hyung and there's no reason for people to dislike you for no good reason' Andy advised.

Eric nodded in understand, 'Yeah, maybe you're right' he smiled and felt so much better. Thanks to his brother. Andy just smiled weakly in return. He never thought that this would happen. He never thought the former couple would meet each other and he wondered what would happen if Hyesung knew the truth.

XXX

'Andy, I'm nervous' Eric's anxious came again as they arrived at the location.

'Hyung, stop being nervous and just do your best. Being nervous won't help you' Andy said seriously and the timid Eric just followed him from behind.

'Good morning, everyone!' Eric greeted to the staffs, actors and actresses who were already there.

'Good morning, Eric. Have you had enough sleep?' Director Shin smiled.

'I did, hoping that the nervousness would go away but when I woke up, I felt nervous again' he chuckled awkwardly.

The director laughed lightly and patted his back, 'Everyone feels like that. I'm looking forward to see your skills, Eric' 

'Yes, sir!' he answered with high spirit.

As Andy and Eric walked towards the dressing room, they bumped into Hyesung. Eric didn't noticed Andy's shocked look because he was smiling at Hyesung.

'Good morning, Hyesung-sshi' Eric said in a friendly manner.

Hyesung just looked at him coldly and scoffed, 'Just try not to ruin the shoot today'

Eric looked at Hyesung's back sadly and sighed, 'That's Hyesung, Andy... I think he still hates me' 

Andy shook his head to regain conscious and smiled at his brother, 'Maybe he's not a morning person' he tried to make Eric felt better.

Eric nodded in agreement, 'Maybe you're right. I would talk to him again' he smiled to himself and went to the stylist to get his makeup done. Andy didn't say anything and just helped Eric with his script.

'And... CUT!' the director said after they finished the scenes for that day.

'Good job everyone! And we'll see you tomorrow!' Director Shin said in satisfaction when the scenes that day ended faster than he predicted.

Eric came to stand beside the director to see his acting skills. Hyesung, who was already at the TV discretely moved away from him and stood closer to his dad.

'Eric, I must say I'm impressed. You did a good job today!' the director highly praised Eric.

Eric shyly smiled at him and said with a humble tone, 'No, I think I could've done better'

Hyesung who heard that just scoffed and walked away. Wanting to know what Hyesung personally thought, Eric chased after him.

'Hyesung!' Eric called.

Hyesung's body tensed up but he turned around still. 

'What did you think of my performance today?' he smiled innocently.

'Like you said... You could've done better, I've seen people with more better skills than you' he said harshly before walking away to help the staffs packing the things up.

Hyesung's coldness towards Eric was the same for a couple of days and Eric won't still give up on asking him about his performance. Although Hyesung said the exact same thing, Eric didn't feel unmotivated because he felt like he needed to work harder in order for Hyesung to acknowledge him.

'Did I improve today?' Eric kept pestering him.

Hyesung halted his steps and gave him a death glare, 'What's up with you and that same exact question?!'

'Because I want you to acknowledge me... I felt like you don't like me' he said innocently.

'Correction. I HATE you, not I DISLIKE you' 

'But why?' he pouted a little.

That question made Hyesung stopped and he thought about the past, 'You don't need to know! And why do you want me to like you?' he frowned.

'Because you look like a cat and I like to be friends with cats' he grinned like a child.

Hyesung's heart thumped when he heard that but he quickly dismissed his words, 'Don't compare me with animals' he hissed and walked away.

(Flashback)

'Yah, Mr Vice President!' someone called Hyesung.

Hyesung looked up and sighed, 'What do you want, Junghyuk?'

'Come and play with me' he said.

Hyesung slammed the books that he was holding on the table and glared at him, 'Can't you play with someone else?! With your girlfriends?! Why me? I don't have time to play around especially with someone like you' he said in annoyance at the rebellious teen.

'Because you look like a cat and I like to be friends with cats' he grinned like a child.

Hyesung scoffed, 'You got to be kidding me. Just go away, Junghyuk' he said without looking at him.

Junghyuk stomped his feet childishly and made his way inside before sitting across Hyesung.

'Then, I'll wait for you here' he crossed his arms.

'Whatever' he rolled his eyes and continued doing his job. After he was done, Eric kept pushing him to accompany him and in the end, Hyesung complied.

(Reality)

'OPPA~' a loud shriek was heard and the next thing they knew was someone hugging Hyesung from behind.

'Do you miss me?!' the lady said happily.

Hyesung regained his balance and when he recognised the girl, he smiled.

'Hello, Dara. Didn't you just got back from London..?' Hyesung raised his eyebrows.

'Yes! And I miss you so much that I came here straight away' she grinned.

Hyesung noticed that Eric just got out from the dressing room and it made him smirk. He casually put his arms around Dara and walked pass by Eric.

'Let me introduce you to the people here' he said and he stopped in front of Eric. In return, Eric just blinked in confusion.

'This is the main cast, Jung... I mean, Eric' 

Dara nodded and shook hands with Eric, 'Hello, I'm Dara! I'm Hyesung oppa's girlfriend, please treat him nicely' she said in a friendly manner.

'Hello, Dara! I'm Eric, nice to meet you. I'm so sorry but I have to see the director now' he quickly excused himself and rushed towards the director. Hyesung just frowned but kept his composure. 

Hyesung : Maybe he is just pretending to look normal

Before Dara left, she gave the gifts she bought from London.

'This is for you...' she gave him a paper bag and then she looked around as if she was looking for someone, 'Where is your manager..?'

When she found Hyesung's manager, she ran towards her, 'CL!' she shouted.

CL was stunned when her name was called but a smile appeared on her face, 'Oh unnie!' she said.

'This is for you! Thank you for taking care of my boyfriend and I hope you'll like it' 

'You don't have to' she said as she didn't believe that Hyesung's girlfriend would get some stuffs for her.

'No, you deserve it... Oh! I should go now, see you soon CL' she waved goodbye before running towards Hyesung.

Everyone started whispering about Hyesung's girlfriend. Some people actually knew about his relationship because of his girlfriend's status as a rich heiress. Despite Hyesung not being an heiress too, people shipped them together because of their good looks. Both have a stable job, one is an inspiring film director and one is a fashion designer. Both came from a rich and educated family background.

'So, is that Hyesung's girlfriend?' Eric suddenly appeared from behind and talked to CL.

CL was stunned by his presence but nodded her head nevertheless, 'Yeah'

'Can I ask you something, CL?' Eric asked. It wasn't awkward for him to ask because he got along with Hyesung's manager quite well.

'Sure' she smiled.

'Why does Hyesung hate me?' he asked.

She looked at him in surprised, 'What are you talking about?'

'He made it very clear that he hates me and I don't even know why'

'Do you like him, Eric oppa?'

Eric gave him the 'what the hell' look, 'Excuse me?' 

'In romantically way?'

'No, of course not! What made you say that?'

'Because the way you approached him was like you actually have feelings towards him'

'What?! No! I just want to be friends with him' he explained innocently.

'Well, this is my theory. But you don't have to trust me' she said.

'Please continue' he gestured.

'Hyesung oppa is biual and before Dara, he was with someone. A guy. So, when a guy tries to approach him, he would immediately push him away. Because he doesn't want to feel hurt anymore'

'But he is with Dara now, so he shouldn't feel like that' 

'L-Like I said, you shouldn't trust my words'

Eric nodded in understanding, 'Was the breakup bad?'

'Quite bad but I don't know much about it'

'Oh okay. I guess I would have to be cautious from now'

CL smiled, 'Yeah... In that way, he might open up to you' she said encouragingly.

'Thanks, CL for your words. I should go now, see you tomorrow!' Eric smiled and rushed off to find his brother.

In the mean time...

'Hmm, Hyesung hyung?' Andy called when he saw Hyesung sending his girlfriend off. 

'Yeah?' he answered.

'Can I talk to you for awhile?' Andy asked anxiously and nibbled his fingers.

'Sure, what's wrong?' Hyesung nodded in confusion. Even though Andy was Eric's manager, there wasn't any reason that Hyesung should hate him too.

'It's about Eric hyung...' he said after taking a deep breath.

'What's wrong with him?' he said bluntly.

'I know that you hate him and I also know why. But don't worry, I will make sure that he won't interfere your work' he said firmly.

'And what makes you think you know the reason why' he raised his eyebrows suspiciously.

'Because he was your ex and I am his brother' he stared at the director's son.

Hyesung's eyes widen, 'Y-You're his brother?'

Andy nodded his head, 'Yes and no one will know about you guys. I can promise you that'

Later, Andy went back to his normal self with a smile, 'So, that's all that I want to say. Bye, hyung!' he waved goodbye.

'Wait!'

'Hmm?' Andy blinked his eyes in confusion.

'Is Eric pretending not knowing me or is he being real?'

Andy just gave a weak smile, 'I'm sorry, hyung. I promised someone already' he said and walked away leaving Hyesung to feel confused.

'Andy!' someone called.

'Hyung!' Andy smiled when he saw his brother running towards him.

'I saw you talking to Hyesung. Did he say anything?' 

Andy just shrugged his shoulder, 'Not about you though. He just talked to me about tomorrow's schedule' he lied.

'Oh okay then. And do you want to know what I found out about him?' Eric said as they walked towards their car since the filming that day had ended.

'What?'

'Actually, Hyesung is biual and before Dara, he was with a guy. Maybe the way I approach him made me like I have feelings for him, so that's why he always pushes me away' he explained with a great amount of details.

'Really? Maybe you should act normal'

'Yeah, that's what I'm planning to do' he said excitedly.

'Hyung, why do you want him to like you?'

Eric just smiled and shrugged his shoulder, 'I don't know. Believe it or not, he reminds me of someone and I don't feel guilty whenever I'm around him. I feel free' he explained.

'If you feel that way, hyung' Andy smiled weakly. He knew that the time will come for both Eric and Hyesung since they've met after so many years. He also didn't want to be a bad brother and tried to prevent things, so no matter what happened, he would be there for his brother.