005

Mutually Beneficial
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning Seulki woke up early and headed to her kitchen. She tied her hair in a quick bun and threw on her super adorable, frilly apron. "One, two, three.." She ticked off her fingers according to how many people there were. "Four, five, six. That's a lot of people....Better get started!"

It was 11:13 AM as she finally put the finishing touches on the rice. "There!" She packed 6 lunch boxes, each with a different cute design. Seulki looked at the clock and gasped. "I'm behind schedule!" She quickly grabbed all six lunch boxes and ran to her car. Her first stop was her parent's office, which luckily, was only 15 minutes away.

"Mommmm. Dadddd." Seulki called, carrying two boxes with her. "I brought you lunch." She handed them to her parents when she walked into their offices.

"Wow, so kind." Her father said, opening the lid. "Our daughter is the best."

"Are you staying to eat with us?" Her mother added, taking a seat next to her husband.

"No, I will be stopping by Mark's workplace after this." Seulki nervously added. It was so weird to think that they were "dating" now.

"Aaaa. Our daughter is all grown up now." Her mother smiled up at her. "Hurry and go."

"Make sure you bring something to Mr. Tuan as well!" Her father added.

"Of course, I packed him and Mrs. Tuan a lunch box as well." She bowed and left.

Seulki ran back to her car and glanced at the clock. 11:34 AM. She needed to get to company before noon or else Mark and Mr. Tuan will leave for lunch. She quickly glanced at her watch as she walked up to the front desk, greeted by JB. "You didn't tell them I was coming did you?"

"Of course not." They climbed into the elevator. "I'm so jealous. I wish I had a girlfriend who would bring me a homemade lunch box."

Seulki gasped. "Oh no. I should've brought you one too! I'm sorry."

JB laughed. "No, don't feel bad. I'm happy you even considered it."

Seulki nodded, still feeling guilty. "Can I stop by and see Mr. Tuan first?"

The elevator door opened. "Of course. This way." He led her through the massive hallway to the door on the end. "I'll wait out here to lead you to Mark after you're done." He knocked on the door.

"Come in."

Seulki took a quick breath and pushed open the door to find Mr. Tuan sitting on his desk with Mrs. Tuan sitting on the couch drinking tea. She bowed. "Hello Mr. and Mrs. Tuan. How are you today?"

"Ahh, Seulki. What a pleasant surprise." Mrs. Tuan put down her cup of tea.

"Are you here to see Mark?" Mr. Tuan asked, also putting down his paperwork.

"Yes, but before I saw him I wanted to stop by here." She pulled out two lunch boxes from her bad. "I hope neither of you have had lunch yet." She walked over to Mrs. Tuan and handed them to her. "It's not much, but please enjoy."

"You made us lunch? How sweet!" Mrs. Tuan grinned.

"Thank you dear. We will enjoy." Mr. Tuan got up from his chair and went to sit by his wife. "Now run along to Mark now. We don't want to keep you two from each other too long." He laughed, dismissing her.

"Thank you. I will go to see Mark now!" She bowed and left. When she exited the room, JB was right there waiting for her.

"Mark's office is this way." JB led her down the hallway to the opposite side of the building and knocked on the door at the end.

"Yes?" Mark's voice came from inside the room. Seulki felt her heart race faster hearing his voice.

"Go in." JB whispered. "I'll make sure no one distrupts you two." He gave her a wink before walking away.

She couldn't help but laugh, grateful that JB was helping her be less nervous. She took a deep breath then pushed open the door.

Mark didn't look up from his work. "Yes?"

Seulki bit her lip, looking around the massive office. She suddenly felt stupid for stopping by and bothering him. "Uhh.."

Is that..? Mark's head whipped up at the sound of her voice. They stared at each other in awkward silence for what seemed like forever.

"Sorry to bother you. I just stopped by to drop off this lunch box." She grabbed a lunch box from her bag. "And get your number. Well, not GET you number. but I realized last night we didn't exchange numbers. And if we're dating we should. Or else everyone will find it suspicious. So that's why I'm here." She nodded, ending her rant.

Mark blinked at her. Then he smirked and gave a little chu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter