001

Mutually Beneficial
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark threw open the glass door and rushed out of his father's office. He let out an aggravated sigh. I can't believe father. He spent so long preparing for this only to be told he can't get what he deserves without a girl? He loosened his tie, ruffled his hair, and went into his office to think. Once he got into his office, he sat in his chair and put his face in his hands. "Get married. Show responsibility." He mocked his father's words in a high, annoying voice. "Ughhhhhh." He groaned, sitting back in his chair. He lifted his head to the door when he heard a knock. "Come in."

"Markkkk." JB said as he poked his head through the doorway. "Let's go out." He walked into the room, shutting the door and went to sit on Mark's desk.

"Get out." Mark sighed, pointing towards the door.

"I just got here! This is no way to treat your childhood friend." JB jumped off the desk and went to sit in the chair instead. "Jackson is finally back from Hong Kong. Just go out for a little bit. Plus, there's gonna be lots of girls." JB moved his eyebrows up and down.

"I don't care about girls." Mark said, shuffling his paper into a folder. "But I will go out to see Jackson for a little bit. Are the rest of the guys gonna be there?"

"Yeah. I talked to Youngjae and Yugyeom and they said they'll be there."

"BamBam and Junior?" Mark started stuffing his folders into his briefcase.

"Those two are the ones planning all of this. You know how they love their girls." JB laughed, rolling his eyes. "Leaving already?"

"Yeah. Got put in a sticky situation and I need to think my life over." Mark said sarcastically. He picked up his briefcase and walked towards the door. "Text me the time and place." He told JB over his shoulder.

 

 

"...And you need to get a boyfriend. Get married and have kids already! Your father and I aren't going to live forever." Seulki resisted rolling her eyes. She was so tired of hearing this lecture over and over and over. But the good thing about hearing the same lecture again and again is that she has gotten really good at zoning out while pretending she was paying attention. "It's like you don't even try. You've never even dated! There's nothing wrong with you. You're pretty, why don't boys want you? Is it your personality?"

"Mooomm." Seulki complained. "There's nothing wrong with anyone. I just haven't found a guy that interested me."

"That's because you don't look!" Mrs. Park gave an exaggerated sigh. "At this point I'm never going to be a grandmother."

"Mom, I'm only 20 years old. I haven't even finished college yet, stop worrying." Seulki reassured her mother. Although, she knew that her mom was probably right. Relationships don't interest her at all and she couldn't see herself getting married. "I have to get to class so I'll be going." She got up and grabbed her backpack before kissing her mom on the cheek goodbye.

"Oh, Seulki. I almost forgot. Your father and I are going to a party tomorrow night. You'll have to attend too. It'll be good networking for you."

"Yes Mother." Seulki threw on her backpack and rushed outside to catch the bus. Once she got to the university her friends Soobin and Yujin met up with her in class.

"Seulki, you look annoyed." Yujin commented. Seulki only sighed in response.

"Did your mom give you the talk about marriage again?" Soobin asked, patting her friend on the back.

"She's relentless." Seulki threw her hands in the air. Then she covered her face with her hands, "You got any solutions?"

"How about...getting a boyfriend?" Yujin asked, earning her a light shove. "Hey! Sometimes the answer is right under your nose. Or in your case, thrown in your face by your mother." The girls laughed. "But seriously. Get a boyfriend. Let's go out tonight!"

"Nooooo." Seulki and Soobin groaned. "Plus, I have to attend a business party tomorrow night with my parents." Seulki pointed out, hoping it was a good enough excuse.

"Just come out for little bit! Junior texted me about a party tonight." Yujin said, sighing.

"Oh, that's why." Seulki said, raising her eyebrows.

"What?" Yujin asked.

"Don't 'What?' us." Soobin said, pointing a finger at Yujin accusingly. "You only want to go out to see Junior."

"So?" Yujin shrugged. "He's so dreamy..." Both Seulki and Soobin gave her a look of disgust. "And I must see him so we're all going and that's final." Yujin slapped her hand on the desk, ending the conversation. The other two girls just sighed in frustration. If Yujin wanted to see Junior there was nothing they could do about it.

 

 

Mark dumped his briefcase on this desk, loosening his tie. He clicked his tongue as he looked around his apartment. This is too ridiculous. He quickly undressed and jumped into the shower. He stood under the water, lazily thinking up solutions. Well, if I need to get married then I need a girl. What kind of girl? Doubt that dad would just accept anyone. Mark tried to think of the requirements the girl needed, but gave up. Too difficult. He ruffled his hair angrily. Maybe I should finally let mom set me up for blind dates. He sighed, knowing that he lost. His parents had teamed up against him. He got out of the shower and put on some casual clothes, getting ready to head out to Jackson's party.

"Hey! Mark you came out!" Jackson said, getting up from his seat to give Mark a hug.

"Of course. But does it a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter