"Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools and accepted by idiots." Unknown

Throw Away (All the Prejudice)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol becomes very protective after that. He texts Baekhyun frequently to know where he is and who he's with. He throws a possesive arm over Baekhyun's shoulders when they're in public and instead of waiting for Baekhyun outside the building on Thursdays, he's inside, leaning against the wall next to Baekhyun's classroom. Baekhyun is aware that he should be worried, being protective is only one step away from being a control freak, but then Chanyeol is never telling him what to do or who should he be friends with. Baekhyun cherishes the attention. Students are giving him odd looks, but it doesn't bother Baekhyun as much as it did earier; he walks with his head high, dating Chanyeol is nothing to be ashamed of. 

 

When he walks into the cafeteria, the stares are also there. People know his name by now, as he's the only person who's managed to wiggle himself into Chanyeol's clique. He smirks at the ones who glace at him a second too long, his sass is on point today. He makes it to the line for food and scans today's menu when he hears his name being called; smile blooms on his face when he recognizes the voice. Baekhyun looks to his left to see Jongdae's excited waves from their usual table, both hands in the air. Baekhyun waves back, mouthing a soundless 'idiot' in Jongdae's direction. The latter is undeterred by the insult, his own lips forming a 'your idiot' back at Baekhyun and Baekhyun laughs silently.

 

"It's him, isn't it?"

 

The words capture Baekhyun's attention and he looks at the source, a group of girls sitting the the table closest to the bar, a few meters away from him. They don't look at him, engaged in their little conversation, neither of them noticing his stare. 

 

"I've heard he kissed one of the Chinese philology students, but isn't he dating Park Chanyeol?" one of them says, throwing her black hair over her shoulder. She's very pretty, Baekhyun notes, stepping closer to them as the line moves forward.

 

"Yeah, I know him, Lee Donghan. we have classes together. He said Baekhyun was all over him in the halls." another one of them says, but Baekhyun can't see her face.

 

"And you believed him? The Baekhyun guy doesn't look like the type who cheats." the pretty one adds, hoovering a fork with a piece of salad over her plate.

 

Baekhyun can't catch what they're saying next, focusing on ordering his luch instead, but he looks back at them once he's waiting for his food. The girl with balck hair notices his stare and smiles a little, Baekhyun returning the silent greeting just because he knows what she thinks about him. He turns around to take the tray from the lady at the cash regiester, still trying to hear bits and pieces of their conversation, but they lower their voices and a "I don't believe it" is all he understands when he's passing next to their table.

 

He places his tray next to Kyungsoo's with a heavy heart and flops down, sighing deeply.

 

"Someone's not in the mood." Chanyeol remarks, putting a few fries into his lips right after, eyes still on Baekhyun. He's sitting on the other side of the table with Sehun and Jongdae, both of them now also looking at him.

 

"Nah, it's just people. They're so much better in books than in real life." he says while opening his can with soda. Kyungsoo snickers from next to him and pats his shoulder lightly. Baekhyun feels encouraged and smiles when Chanyeol kicks him gently under the table.

 

"Aside from us, we're awesome." Jongdae declares and Chanyeol throws a piece of his fire at him. Sehun leans back on the bench, avoiding the flying food.

 

"Where are Jongin and Yifan?" Baekhyun asks casually, looking back at the line to the bar in hopes of finding them there.

 

"They had to stay at home today." Kyungsoo replys curtly and Baekhyun gets the message not to dig deeper into the subject. He gets distracted either way when Sehun reaches over the table and steals a piece of his chicken. 

 

"I'm still growing, hyung." he responds to Baekhyun's glare. "Need all the proteins I can get."

 

Jongdae is there to rescue, immediately brickering with Sehun abut his hight, and Baekhyun looks around the room with a smile. The sudents are eating peacefully, the sounds of conversations flowing and laughter fill the room. Baekhyun eats calmly, his eyes coming back to the gossiping girls he's heard earlier. The pretty one with balck hair laughs at something her friend says and covers with her hand, red nails contrasting with her pale complexion. So Dongahn has been saying that Baekhyun kissed him? That he was 'all over him'? Baekhyun snickers inwardly, because that's the biggest bull he's heard this year. A familiar silhouette behind the girls catches his eyes and who is it if not Lee ing Donghan? Baekhyun remembers the fear overcoming him that day in the halls and looks down at his hands, sleeves of his hoodie covering the bruises on his wrists. He glances at Chanyeol, the other's attention on Sehun's phone as they're playing a game (Candy Crush, probably) and he notices the wolf on the back of the younger's phone. He can't always depend on Chanyeol, he thinks. He almost fought 5 dire wolf to protect his own wolf, for godness sake. Baekhyun looks back as Donghan, the man sill oblivious of his glare and Baekhyun makes a decision. He can take care of his own .

 

Baekhyun stands up from the bench, his friends looking at him curiously.

 

"I'll be right back." he says, eyes locked on Donghan.

 

His anger only increases as he makes his way to the line, passing the girls without sparing them a glance. When he finally is close enough for the other to notice him, he lets Donghan take in his face expression, enjoying the other's surprise.

 

"Baekhy-"

 

"What have you been saying about me, you er?" Baekhyun makes sure his voice is loud and clear for eveyone to hear. "Me kissing you? You've gotta be kidding me, dickhead." The room is silent as Donghan proceeds his words. Baekhyun watches carefully the smirk apprearing on the other's face. It's ing annoying. "The fact that I'm dating the nicest guy on this planet doesn't mean that I'm also nice. I'm so done with your bull, you have no idea."

 

"Baekhyun, you were the one who wanted to kiss m-"

 

Baekhyun cuts Donghan's words off.

 

With his right fist.

 

"Holy !" he wails right after, waving his palm in the air, because those hand were definitely not made for hitting, and he feels his knuckes pulsing painfully. The sick satisfaction he feels makes up for it, though.

 

Baekhyun rises his head to look at Donghan, the other in pain and clenching his bleeding nose with his fingers. Baekhyun smiles, feeling a thousand pounds ligher then before. Someone from the cue gives Donghan a tissue and the man leaves, not even glancing at Baekhyun as he's occupied with his (Baekhyun hopes) broken nose.

 

The cafeteria is still quiet and Baekhyun turns around to see eveyone's eyes on him, Chanyeol frozen in mid-step as he was probably walking in Baekhyun direction. Baekhyun straightens up, cradling his right hand close to his chest, smile still on his lips.

 

"Any more gossips?" he asks casually and Jongdae bursts out laughing. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Are you sure it's not broken? Baekhyun questions as Chanyeol presses a bag of ice to his hand.

 

They're in Baekhyun's dorm, Chanyeol sitting with him on his bed. Kyungsoo rests on his desk chair, spinning from one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter