"Anticipation makes pleasure more intense" Iris Johansen

Throw Away (All the Prejudice)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN/ Sorry for the wait, awesome people. I've been a but busy lately, but I'll try not to be late again :3 So, without any further due,

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun lies in his bed a few hours later, changed into his pijamas and ready to sleep. He still can't get used to the fact that he'll finally be able to see Chanyeol's house, after four months of them going out. He turns onto his left side and faces the wall.

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin's birthday party is the reason why he'll be there. Kyungsoo told him three times, just to make sure Baekhyun understands, that he shouldn't buy them presents, that him being there will be enough. Just then Jongin hugged him harder to his chest before letting go and stepping closer to Kyngsoo, as if agreeing the the latter. Baekhyun nodded obediently, promising not to buy anything. His head was patted and once again, he didn't have to look to know who was it; instead, he reaches behind himself to link his fingers with Chanyeol's.

 

Baekhyun pulls the cover higher over his body and shuts his eyes close, hoping to get at least some sleep.

 

 

 

He sees puppies. They are playing on a field, biting each other's ears and tails playfully, painfuly green grass contrasting with soothing colours of their fur. Baekhyun approaches them slowly, not wanting to distract them when they seem so happy. He sits on the ground, three meters away from them and watches. The dogs are barking and growling, carelessly throwing their small bodies on one another. He counts them. It seems like there are eleven of them, each one different and original. There's one that is completely white, one black and one dark gray in colour, a sandy one, one white with gray traces under his eyes and even one that looks as if it was purposely thrown into a basket with coal; it's white with gray and black spots all over its fur. Suddenly, he feels a small tug at the back of his shirt and Baekhyun turns around. What he finds is another puppy, body in the shade of dark amber, biting the fabric like there's no tomorrow. He laughs and reaches to hoist the pup up, bringing it to his lap. The animal seems satisfied with the change, immediately attacking Baekhyun's finger with its small teeth. It barks blissfully when Baekhyun turns it over to rub its tummy, but wiggles to stand on its own paws right after just to jump from Baekhyun's thighs onto the ground. Just as it looks at its friends, all the puppies stop playing and  snap their heads at them. Baekhyun doesn't have time to wonder what happened, because the next second twelve little pups pounce at him, some of them managing to trip over their short legs before reaching him. He falls back from the impact and the dogs climb onto him shamelessly, whining and barking in the process. The amber one makes its shaky way to his face and him feverishly. Baekhyun laughs like a mad man.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun is not clingy. Skipping classes is not a sign of it, nor is waiting for his boyfriend in front of the building where the said boyfriend is currently in the middle of his theatre history lecture. The fact that he knows exactly which class Chanyeol has now is irrelevant.

 

The point is, Baekhyun is not clingy.

 

What he can admit, however, is that he, Byun Baekhyun, has skipped his favourite class, English poetry, to go and grab a coffee with Chanyeol before lunch. To his defense, it was not his idea; Chanyeol texted him this morning, just as Baekhyun was about to leave for classes. A short 'Babe, let's skip classes' was enough to make him shrug his backpack off his shoulders an throw it back on his bed. He's easy like that, what can he say.

 

This is why, despite the cold wind and uninvitingly low temperature, he's standing in front of the Fine Arts building. His toes are already frozen inside his boots and his hands almost hurt from the lack of gloves. He eyes the woolen ones, worn by a girl passing by, longing apparent in his glance. He jumps a few times to warm up and fishes his phone out of the pocket of his jacket. Chanyeol should be done anytime now and it fills Baekhyun with hope. He craves for a big, steamy hot caramel coffee and imagines the warmth of the drink seeping through the cup. Ahh, he really needs it now, especially when his fingers are getting numb.

 

Chanyeol walks out of the building a few minutes later and notices Baekhyun right away (as always). He bids goodbye to the classmate accompanying him and rushes towards the smaller male waiting for him. Baekhyun is satisfied with the way Chanyeol's attention is only on him immediately after they make eye contact. It's heartwarming.

 

"How long have you been standing here, Baek? It's freezing." he greets, scanning Baekhyun's shiverring silhouette.

 

"Long enough. You took your time." Baekhyun sasses shamelessly, a smile forming on his lips. He takes one hand out of his pocket to adjust the scarf hugging his neck, but Chanyeol reaches to do it for him instead. Their finger brush against each other and the taller sends him a disapproving look.

 

"Your hands are ice cold." he points out, leaning to kiss the pout off Baekhyun's lips right after. "You should have texted me, I'd leave earlier. Why didn't you just hide inside?"

 

Baekhyun's stomach makes a flip, mouth tingling from the kiss. He rolls his eyes, trying not to let the fluffy feeling show on his face. "I would have texted you, but my fingers are nearly frozen." Chanyeol grabs his wrists and pushes his hands into the pockets of his own coat, covering them with his bigger palms right after. "And it's loud inside, your classmates don't know the word silence." Their fingers intertwine. "Are we going now? I was promised a coffee."

 

Chanyeol chuckles and tugs on Baekhyun's hands, pressing them closer. "You're so whiny today, something happened?"

 

"No, no." he denies quicky, seeing worry grow in the taller's eyes. "I just really hate winter. The cold in general, to be honest." Their gazes lock and Baekhyun's heart speeds up at the affection apparent on Chanyeol's face. Feeling brave, he tiptoes to peck Chanyeol's lips once, before pulling his, now warm, hands out of the soothing grasp. "Let's go."

 

"Should I prepare something for Kyungsoo and Jongin?" Baekhyun asks as they're settling down at one of the tables. "Isn't it a little rude, coming empty-handed?"

 

Chanyeol snickers, throwing this coat over the backrest of his chair. "I told you already, it's fine. We don't have guests over that often, so just you being there is going to be exciting for them."

 

Baekhyun flops down onto the seat dejectedly. He wanted to do something for them, since Jongin and Kyungsoo are always so ready to help him. They take care of him on daily basis and now that he has a perfect opportunity to the same for them, he feels bitter about letting it go easily.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter