"Trust me, who is next to you, together we won't die" Not Today, BTS

Throw Away (All the Prejudice)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Winter gives up after a few days and lets spring take over frozen and grey Seoul. The temperature increases noticably and Baekhyun allows himself to  bury his winter jacket deep into his small closet, happy with the change. He still piles sweaters over sweaters over his body, but the sole absence of the thick jacket adds a gleeful bounce to his steps.

 

 

Baekhyun loves spring. He loves waking up with the sun and looking out his window just to see the earliest sunrays hitting the building on the campus; even with the bare trees obscuring the view, the yellow glow covering the gray blocks brings a smile to his face, especially after months upon months of a neutral dusk. Baekhyun lives for the cloudless sky, the glaring sun and the most perfect shade of blue that could only be associated with ice cream and beaches. He could stare for hours at his sneaker-clothed feet as he's waking on the dry sidewalks, free of snow. The blooming nature ( green grass with first flowers poking around here and there and shy leaves making their debut on tired-looking branches) is a good addition too and Baekhyun throws away his worries for the next couple fo days to fully enjoy the season.

 

 

Or at least, plans to throw them away.

 

 

It's not a surprise to find Chanyeol waiting for him at the entrance to the Oldie. Not really a rare sight, the taller likes surprising Baekhyun on the days when their classes start around the same time. That day, however, Baekhyun found himself a little taken aback by the way the morning sun played in Chanyeol's hair and reflected in the lenses of his black sunglasses. It's probably still the spring-caused euforia playing with his perception, Baekhyun thinks, but the plain back t-, black skinnies and the jean jacket present themselves exceptionally good on his lover. Chanyeol's right hand is occupied with his phone, probably scrolling through his older sister's instragram again, while his left one balances a holder with two large cups of coffee. 

 

 

Ugh, so boyfriend.

 

 

Before Baekhyun can open his mouth, Chanyeol is already rising his chin and smirking up, pushing his phone back into the back pocket of his pants.

 

 

"How many layers do you have on today?" The taller says in place of a greeting.

 

 

Baekhyun huffs, but smiles anyway, murmuring a soft 'four' under his breath. He closes the distance between the two of them and Chanyeol is already leaning down to leave a chaste kiss on his lips. An arm sneaks around his waist to prolong the contact and honestly, Baekhyun can't bring himself to mind. Chanyeol's lips are smooth and plush, enveloping Baekhyun's own in familiar warmth. 

 

 

"Which one is mine?" He asks as they sparate. Baekhyun can see the shape of Chanyeol's eye smile through his shades.

 

 

"The one with 'Honey Sweetcheeks' on it." Is the answer he gets. The younger's voice nearly vibrates with amusement whilst Baekhyun slaps him even before he can finish the sentence. 

 

 

The smaller steps away angrily, grabbing the cream cup anyway. Lately, Chanyeol has been using cute nicknames when ordering Baekhyun's coffee, usually altering between "Smol Bean, spelled with an 'o' and one 'l', please" and "buttercup". Baekhyun can't say he hates it (never has been good at lying), but he's a man too, dammit. Degenderalisation is a serious problem, it seems. Yes, he is bitter.

 

 

"I'm a man." He states, just for a good measure.

 

 

Chanyeol chuckes as they're turning towards the English Department building. "I'm aware, seen it all, y'know."

 

 

"Park Chanyeol!" Baekhyun excailms though his own laughter, he's not even embarrassed at this point in their relationship. And besides, he's in a pretty good of a mood, if he might say so.

 

 

"Byun Baekhyun, why are you being so loud so early?" Another voice says from behind them and Baekhyun spins on his heels in a surprisignly graceful manner to face it's owner. He gins happily.

 

 

"Kim Taeyeon, why so bitter on such a beautiful day?" Chanyeol responds, halting his steps right after Baekhyun. The older is not sure when the two got close enough to bricker, but again, not like he minds.

 

 

"Ugh," Taeyeon puffs, pulling her sunglasses down and hanging them at the edge of the high decolletage of her blue, flowy dress. "Why are you always so smooth, Chanyeol?" She flips her black hair off the side of her face and lets it rest behind her shoulder.

 

 

"Comes with the attractiveness, I think" He answers without batting an eye and takes a sip of his drink (an americano, Baekhyun bets).

 

 

"Chem lab at 9am?" Baekhyun asks, ignoring Chanyeol for the time being. "Tiffany whined about it a while ago."

 

 

Taeyeon groans and passes next to them just to turn around and walk backwards, beconing the two to follow. "Yeessss, it's horrible. But the professor is pretty chill, so we'll manage. Tif is skipping today." She readjusts the strap of the yellow purse hanging by her hip. "But anyways, Baek. Wine at mine? Same time?"

 

 

Baekhyun has established somewhat of a rutine with the girls over the last few weeks. They meet up at 7pm on Wednesdays to drink a bottle of cheap wine and talk, gossping about anyone and everyone. He treats it as a break from life of a, well, new-found omega and a mate of an alpha. Plus, both Taeyeon and Tiffany are sweethearts.

 

 

"Sure thing." He replys easily, hugging the cup with his coffee closer to his chest. Taeyeon glances at the white watch wrapped around her slender wrist, the colour almost blending in with her pale skin, and peeks up at him apologetically. "You have to go, I know. Run." He says, smiling at her pout. "I'll see you in the evening."

 

 

She sends both of them a grateful smile before turning around and jogging to the Science Department building. Baekhyun sighs while watching her retreating silhouette.

 

 

"Damn, she's gorgeous." Chanyeol voices, more to himself than to Baekhyun. 

 

 

The smaller heaves another sigh. "I know, right?"

 

 

Chanyeol laughs and throws his free arm around Baekhyun's shoulders, tugging his body closer to his own. Baekhyun smiles at the close proximity, stomach turning in the most delightful way. He leans his head on Chanyeol's shoulder. They have the sun behind them and he takes a moment to memorise how the shadow of their joint bodies moves against the pavement.

 

 

"I like you better, though, don't worry." His lover reassures, leaving a fleeting kiss at his temple.

 

 

Baekhyun smiles and tilts his head up to glance at the taller. "Really?" Feigning insecurity is nonsense, but he's feeling particularly playful today.

 

 

Chanyeol shifts to connect their lips for the second time today and Baekhyun's heart soars; he grins merrily into the kiss and moves his coffee to his other hand to hug Chanyeol by the waist.

 

 

"Of course, honeybun."

 

 

"Park Chanyeol!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun finishes his classes at 4pm, long after the lunch he spent with Chanyeol and the rest and long before his meeting with Taeyeon and Stephanie. His beloved sping sun greets his as he's exiting the Korean Language Department building (choosing Korean history class as an elective was not a good choice) and he can't help but feel happy. The day has been nothing but pleasant so far and Baekhyun just can't see how it can be ruined in the few hours he has left before going back to the dorm.

 

 

He strolls unhurriedly down the sidewalk in the general direction of the Oldie, already knowing he'll just pass by it and wander around the woods for a little while. He hasn't visited the forest in quite a long time, with the winter weather being the way it was. Now, the chilly wind blows gently onto his face, but the four layers of clothing he has on keep him warm and cozy.

 

 

Life has been so much easier since he's been pulled into Chanyeol's world, he finds. He hasn't seen neither of his friends shift yet, but the freedom they speak and behave with fills Baekhyun's heart with ease. Not for the first time, he feels trusted and appreciated by Jumnyeon's pack, for even Luhan is slowly finding the confidence in himself to put their lives into Baekhyun's hands. It's motivating and flattering. He hasn't thought much about the accidents that kept occuring sometime ago, the dark cloud pushed into the back of his mind for the time being, and decided to focus on getting the best of what he has now. Yifan has assured him that from now on he can ask any question and no secrets will be kept, but Baekhyun is still weary; he feels as if he's balancing on a thin line between knowing what he has to know about shifters and poking his nose into their private lives. But, as said before, he leaves it for now. Spring was not made for people to worry.

 

 

First steps on the undergrownth and Baekhyun feels lighter. The sole of his sneakers are thin enough for him to feel every breaking twig and thicker branch under his feet. The wind is gone, stopped by the wall of trees behind his back, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter