"I look at you and I can feel it. I look at you and I am home." Dory, Finding Nemo

Throw Away (All the Prejudice)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongdae starts attending his classes the day after he wakes up, lively and perky as ever. He teases Baekhyun more than usually, reminding him about the look he had on his face when he saw Jongdae in their livingroom. Baekhyun takes it like a man, rarely snapping becasue he's still incredibly thankful that his friend is okay and having him with them after sitting in the living room and worrying out of their skins for days. Baekhyun notices he becomes a little more clingy when it comes to Jongdae, not that the other one minds; he sits between Chanyeol and Jongdae during lunch, plays with Jongdae's fingers when they're talking and storks his hair when the latter falls asleep while they're watching movies.

 

Of course, he's not the only one who notices the change.

 

"Do you think Byun Baekhyun is cheating on Park Chanyeol?"

 

The hushed question catches him off-guard as he's making his way to his first Wednesday call on a cold early-spring morning. He frowns immediately. Is that what it looks like?

 

Once he notices the gossips he can't stop, somehow. He hears the whispers following him all day, even through lunch when he enters the cafeteria hand in hand with Chanyeol. It's quite disturbing how much people care about his relationship and how much he himself cares about their opinion. It makes his stomach turn and palms sweat, but maybe it's just because he doesn't like attention in general. He admits, though, that from an outsider's perspective the whole situation might look a bit odd.

 

Chanyeol is an absoute sweetheart (when he's not an , at least) and would probably believe everything Baekhyun said. Chanyeol trusts him wholeheartedly, never doubts in Baekhyun's feeling and Jongdae's friendship. In that way he is naive. But would Baekhyun ever cheat on Chanyeol? No. Would he ever even think about it? Definitely no. Would he consider establishing a romantic relationship with Jongdae? Gross, no. 

 

But gossips are gossips and it stil bugs him. And when something bugs Byun Baekhyun, he talks about it with a certain Park Chanyeol.

 

"I'm not cheating on you with Jongdae." he let's out as casually as possible one evening.

 

They're lying on Chanyeol's bed, going through their respective homeworks; Chanyeol has notes scattered in front of him and Baekhyun nurses another book he's supposed to be done with by the end of the week. The taller turns his head to look at him, a little surprised by the sudden confession and Baekhyun keeps a serious expression fixed on his face. Chanyeol chuckles suddenly and pushes the pieces of paper away to prop his head on his arm comfortably.

 

"Well, I know that." he says, voice calm and soothing, but eyes twinkling with amusement.

 

Oh.

 

"Oh, okay. Nevermind then."

 

He makes a half-hearted attempt to focus on the book again, but what is done is done. He has Chanyeol's undivided attention.

 

"Why would you say that, baby?"

 

Baekhyun huffs and marks the page before tossing the book to his right where it lands safely on the soft pillows. He shifts to look at Chanyeol and finds his lover gazing at him lazily, half smile gracing his full lips. Baekhyun bites into his lower lip as he tries to from a reply without sounding stupid.

 

"It's just that..." Chanyeol reaches to drap his free arm across his waist. "People have been saying weird again." 

 

He rubs his eyes to hide the blush creeping onto his face. Half a year of a relationship and he's still worried that Chanyeol will listen to some idiotic gossips, way to go, Byun.

 

Chanyeol coos. "Were you worried that I'd actually think you're cheating on me?" The taller crawls closer and pulls Baekhyun towards himself at the same time. "Baek, I'm too hot, you know that."

 

Baekhyun blinks at him a few times, making sure that he heard the other right. That confident .

 

"Unbelievable." he mutters and rolls onto his back to create some space between thier bodies.

 

Chanyeol chuckles again and leans in to peck Baekhyun's cheek. The smaller scrunches his nose in playful disgust, ut he can't stop the sudden flip of his stomach. Ugh, the feels.

 

"Okay, seriosuly though." Chanyeol starts and sits up, face on the level of Baekhyun's stomach. He grabs the hem of Baekhyun's hoodie and tugs it up to reveil some of the pale skin. Baekhyun lets him, it's not like he can stop it when Chanyeol is in the mood for kisses. His lover caresses the vicinity of his belly button and catches his gaze. "I'm not worried, sunshine, I never am. I get jealous sometimes, but I'd never think that you're cheating on me" he drops a lazy kiss to Baekhyun's tummy. Baekhyun lets out a small sigh. "We're too in love, babe."

 

Baekhyun tries to focus on his heartbeat as Chanyeol peppers kisses over his stomach, but his heart eventually gives in and speeds up. He reaches down to tangle his fingers in Chanyeol's hair and humms at the affection. Chanyeol places two more loving pecks on his tummy before tuning his head and kissing Baekhyun's palm. His eyes are full of adoration and warmth, brown irises refecting with golden hues, when he finally looks at the smaller again. Baekhyun melts immediately.

 

This is what being in love, being loved feels like, he thinks before tugging Chayeol up into a long kiss.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun should get used to it. Whenever he calms down and feels safe again, hits the fan.

 

He sees it coming this time around. Kyungsoo hasn't cooked for a few days, hasn't smiled at Jongin and hasn't snapped at Sehun. He lacks his usual grace, Baekhyun can see it in the way the younger walks, eats and talks. It's strangely easy to notice. Kyungsoo is not the most expressive person on the planet, he more often than not choses to keep himself to himself and voices out his thoughts only when asked directly, but Kyungsoo is Kyungsoo; caring, nagging, a little annoying at times, but still lovable and soft-hearted. Currently, though, there seem to be dark clouds gathered around him, as if an impending doom in breathing on the back of his neck. And it greatly influences the group. Jongin eats less, smiles less and jokes around less; Baekhyun's heart drops at the silent gazes the other sends to Kyungsoo when the latter is not looking. Sehun still plays with his phone a lot, but Baekhyun catches his heavy sighs. Jongdae keeps joking around, but whenever he looks at Kungsoo his eyes soften and his usual grin falls into a small smile. Chanyeol and Yifan, seldom a quiet duo, exchange meaningful glances and try to keep the ambiece light, normal. Only that even Baekhyun knows it's neither normal nor light.

 

Curiosity is killing him, but he keeps his mouth shut.

 

It's on Friday when the heaviness in his chest pushes him to embrace Kyungsoo. He holds him tight as they're about to part and breathes warm air onto his neck when the other relaxes into the hug. The world slows down for a minute and Baekhyun takes in the fast beating of Kyungsoo's heart and his shallow inhales. Kyungsoo's jacket is thick, but Baekhyun feels the rapid movements of the younger's chest against his own. Baekhyun's mouth works faster than his brain.

 

"It's going to be okay." he whispers, the words left only for Kyungsoo to hear. His friend's hold tightens. Baekhyun can nearly hear his walls crumbling.

 

"I'm scared, Baek."

 

He wants to know what's going on. Why is Kyungsoo scared? Why is he so vulnerable in Baekhyun arms, exposed enough say those things to Baekhyun of all people?

 

"Don't be. I'm here."

 

Kyungsoo shivers a little after the words reach him and presses his nose into Baekhyun's neck. He knows Kyungsoo is getting ready to let him go.

 

Three...

 

Two...

 

One...

 

"Thank you." the younger mutters, pulling away and avoiding Baekhyun's eyes. It's useless, Baekhyun thinks fondly, I know you want to cry. He let's go either way and smiles a smile that he hopes is soothing.

 

Baekhyun bids goodbyes to the rest of the guys and turns around in the general direction of his dorm. His insides are quivering with fear and worry, an upset frown already on his face.

 

Baekhyun wraps his arms around himself and stubbornly pushes any negative thoughts away, speeding up his steps and making a bee-line to the safety of his dorm room. He can nearly smell Kyungsoo's anxiety clinging to his clothes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun is not surprised when he wakes up in the middle of the night and has to run to his bathroom. He barely makes it to the toilet before emptying the contents of his stomach and falling onto his knees. He feels the thud in his chest as he slumps against the white seat and wheezes to catch a breath, which only makes it worseand he chokes. Tears are rolling down his cheeks and the acid burns his throat as he vomits, exhaustion embracing his body with his every move. The utterly disgusting session ends ten minutes later, when he's too weak to get up from the cold floor but also too ucomfortable to keep kneeling and leaning against the toilet. His thighs quiver as he heaves himself up and Baekhyun can already see himself falling down. The grip he has on the sink proves to be stonger than expected, however, and with much effor he manages to stand as surely as he can. He flushes the toilet and avoids looking at himself in the mirror at all costs while filling his mouth with water to sooth the brun. It doesn't help. 

 

Still a littly shaky, he makes his way back to the bed without bumping into anything. The hardwood feels like ice under his feet and he's sure his forehead is burning hot by the way the late-March breeze flying past the old windows feels on his skin. He falls onto the matress as soon as his shins hit the bedframe and snuggles under the warm sheets quickly. Baekhyun hopes he's not getting down with a cold.

 

Sleepily, he fishes his phone from under his pillow and texts Chanyeol, already knowing that something is not right. He's too used to the feeling, the worry bubbling in his stomach and the unsettling pull in his chest; it's scary.

 

Kyungsoo just came back. Got a bit bruised, but he's conscious.

 

Baekhyun blinks at the message and swallows down all the questions that immediately pop up. He can ask later.

 

Come and get me?

 

He feels like and probably looks even worse. He's sweaty and tired, but the need to see Kyungsoo is so vibrant and strong that it overpowers all the cons easily.

 

He doesn't get a reply for about five minute

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter