okay, maybe I am

Of denials and not-so-secret crushes

“What are you doing?”

Jihoon and Jungkook both jumped (and flailed) towards the source of the new voice. Both were scared that they were found out by their respective bestfriends, and already dreading the possible awkward explanation as to why they are here in the first place.

Jungkook took a sigh of relief as he exasperatedly glared at the newcomer, which turns out to be his roommate Park Jimin.

“Oh my gods Jimin. It’s just you.” He said as he rolled his eyes and slumped into his seat trying to calm his beating heart.

“Hey! It’s Jimin-hyung to you!” the orange haired male shouted which managed to gather the attention of some customers. Jungkook immediately dragged the older male towards their booth and frantically told him to ‘shut up hyung! or else we’ll be noticed!’. He pulled Jimin into the booth, making the older male sit beside him. The older whined loudly as he was practically manhandled by the younger and ‘what the hell you don’t do that to your hyung you brat!’.

It took quite a time to calm the older male but Jungkook managed to (but not with a promise to do his hyung’s laundry for two weeks, Jungkook wants to cry). Thankfully Taehyung and his new friend (Jungkook refuses to call him by his given name) were too immersed in their conversation that they did not notice the ruckus Jimin had made.

“So.”Jimin’s voice trailed off suggestively, and Jungkook just knows that he would not like what his roommate is going to do next. “Why are you here Jungkookie?” the orange haired male asked slyly. His eyebrows wiggling cheekily towards the pair across the café making Jungkook roll his eyes once more.

“None of your business hyung.” He replied coldly as he turned away from his hyung and trailed his eyes towards the direction of his bestfriend and his bestfriend’s new friend. The older male laughed manically, almost ready to tease the younger male about it when he saw a tuft of pink next to Jungkook.

“Oh my god.” The oldest of three whispered as he spotted same cat-like eyes and pale complexion. And that bubblegum pink-hair that looks exactly like a certain someone, who is also his boyfriend Min Yoongi. “Oh my god! You look like my boyfriend!” he exclaimed and pointed towards the smaller male beside his roommate.

The said male turned towards Jimin with somehow a blank yet still confused face (don’t ask him how he did it) making Jungkook laugh at their exchange. “Yes hyung. He looks like Yoongi-hyung now will you please lower your voice down or I swear to god…” Jungkook was stopped when Jimin practically bounded towards the male beside him which is a problem to Jungkook because he was in between the two (in short Jimin practically squished him in order to fawn over the Yoongi-look alike).

Jihoon did not know what to do except to look confusedly at this guy who was gushing over him because he looked like the stranger’s boyfriend? He knew an obvious what-the-hell was written in his face (considering the annoying laugh Jungkook sent him as this guy, Jimin, practically fawned all over his face) but the orange haired male was either oblivious or shameless because he should know when someone does not like being fawned upon .

“Yoongi-hyung should see you! Wow you even glare like him! I can’t believe it, it’s like a mini Yoongi!” the oldest male continued his ramble. The last sentence was actually the last straw breaking Jihoon’s silence with a petulant stomp on the floor.

“Oh my gods stop please. And please stop implying my height!” the pink-haired male whined and glared towards Jimin. The three of them shared a beat of silence until Jungkook looked curiously at the pink-haired male his eyebrows were furrowed confusedly as he took in what the shorter male said, or more like how the shorter male said it.

“Are you from Busan?” he asked after he had pushed Jimin off of him, making the other male slump on the side (‘Hey show some respect brat!’). The pink-haired male furrowed his eye-brows because how the hell did this guy knew he was from Busan? But then he remembered Seungcheol telling him that he tends to revert back to Busan dialect whenever he is angry or annoyed. He sighed exasperatedly and nodded as an answer.

“Oh wow! We’re also from Busan!” Jimin interrupted as he fawned over Jihoon once again. The shortest male looked at both of them not knowing what to do with that new piece of information.

Jimin finally sensed the other’s uneasiness (much to Jihoon’s relief) and slumped back towards his seat (making Jungkook sigh in relief as well). “Damn, how the hell does Taehyung do it so charmingly? Yoongi-hyung is practically enamored!” he whined as he remembered that time when Taehyung had clung over Yoongi hyung on the sole reason that they share the same hometown. The younger male had managed to survive without even a single hair on his head harmed. It’s not that Jimin is jealous (okay he is) but it’s just that it is already quite a feat for him to initiate skinship with his boyfriend and said boyfriend to actually reciprocate (albeit a little shy, but that’s Yoongi we’re talking about here). And seeing Taehyung do it effortlessly was a little unnerving.

He doesn’t doubt Yoongi, after Yoongi’s bashful confession to Jimin 2 years ago the orange haired male had never, not even once, doubted Yoongi’s love for him. And he knew that the older male only sees Taehyung as a little brother whom he shares the same hometown with. However, he can’t help but want more from the older male; he wanted reassurance that the older male wants this as well.

So, Jimin pouted as he looked across the café and see Taehyung interact with a male he doesn’t know but his mind is obviously somewhere else.

Jihoon wanted to ask the same question as well. He recalled the slightly shy expression in his bestfriend’s face when he mentioned his classmate Taehyung. The male was obviously charmed by this guy and Jihoon wanted to know why the hell his bestfriend looked so captivated by Taehyung. As if, Jeonghan wasn’t enough, the older male had to gush about another guy in front of him! He wanted to grumble and whine in front of his bestfriend but he also knew he cannot do so (his pride is at stake after all) and so he quietly cursed the black haired male and continued to ignore his so-called bestfriend.

Jihoon knew his one-sided crush will eventually lead up to this point, especially because he knew his bestfriend will eventually fall for someone. And he knew it is not going to be him. They were always destined to be bestfriends, starting from that fateful encounter in the coffee shop up until now. That is all they are going to be. But that doesn’t mean he is going to let go of his bestfriend just like that.

Jungkook sighed as he contemplated that question as well. It is no question that Taehyung is generally a friendly guy, he was the friendliest among the two and almost half of the people in this school are his friend (while the other half are his suitors, much to Jungkook’s chagrin). And knowing Taehyung he wouldn’t even know the difference between the two, that’s why Jungkook took it upon himself to protect his hyung from the possible dangers of Taehyung’s obliviousness. However, he knew that he wants something more than just to protect his hyung, call him selfish but he wanted to keep his bestfriend all to himself and shield him from the world.

Yes, he is inlove with his bestfriend.

He was shaken out of his thoughts when Jimin shook him (quite violently) and pointed at the direction of the pair across the café. He squinted at the new male standing over the Daegu pair and bugged his eyes out.

“Oh my god’s its Yoongi-hyung!”

(Meanwhile Jimin bemoaned “It’s supposed to be our date!”)

 

to be continued


A/N: guess who has been listening to Whalien 52 while writing this. yep it's this writer who has too many ongoing fanfictions she needs to update but comes up with this instead orz. 

its not supposed to be like this (IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FLUFFY) but... well.. i still hope you like it. :3 love you guys XOXO

*sends virtual hugs and throws kookie cookies*

*runs*