Epilogue (1). Finally.

Of denials and not-so-secret crushes

After that fateful encounter in the café, the three pairs decided to go onto their own ways. They bid goodbye to each other and promised to meet in the future (though Jungkook and Jihoon only promised half-heartedly).

Seungcheol and Jihoon was the first to face the biting cold of the winter. The black haired male insisted on walking Jihoon to his dorm which was on the other side of the campus, whereas his own is just a few blocks away from the café. The shorter male refused at first saying that he can walk on his own despite his teeth chattering and his hand freezing from the harsh cold breeze. Jihoon mentally berated himself for actually forgetting to get his jacket on his haste to go to the café and spy on his bestfriend.

“Jihoon-ah you look so cold.” Seungcheol said as he observed the shivering pink-haired male. The said male look at him pointedly as if saying ‘You don’t say?’.

Thankfully the older male brushed it off with a roll of his eyes. “Do you want my jacket?” he said as he proceeded to take it off and tried to wrap it around the smaller male’s body.

The younger male shook his head wildly, making him a little dizzy, and pushed the jacket away stubbornly, “No. No, thanks Cheol. I’m fine” he replied but his teeth are chattering making it seem like he was stuttering.  

“Oh come on. Jihoonie, you’re cold. I swear I washed this jacket!” Seungcheol insisted but the other male was stubborn as hell.

“I’m fine Seungcheol, seriously. I’m no damsel in distress in need of someone else’s jacket.” He chattered in between his teeth. Leave it to Jihoon to insist that he is fine despite of walking in the middle of the harsh winter.

But in reality he just did not want to become a puddle of goo once he’s been enveloped by the jacket, which he was sure is ridden with Seungcheol’s scent. Just thinking about it makes Jihoon blush because he doesn’t want to embarrass himself in front of his bestfriend now, does he?

So he tried to walk ahead of Seungcheol towards his dorm, the younger male sighed in relief as he noticed that the other did not insist on taking his jacket. He smiled smugly, thinking that he had won the argument.

But of course, Seungcheol will not go down without a fight. He smiled widely as he watched the other male walking in front of him, taking time to wear his jacket and jogging to catch up with the male. He tried to calm himself down as he approached the pink haired male but failed to do so. And so he spread his arms wide and hugged the shorter male in front of him.

Jihoon stopped walking as he felt strong arms enveloping him in an embrace. He felt warm breath fanning his neck and his heart thudded at how close this person is. Of course, he knew who exactly this person is having been forced (not really) into bouts of skinship here and there. But nothing more than tight hugs and once Seungcheol took it unto himself to take Jihoon’s first kiss (on the cheeks, but needless to say his bestfriend became very well acquainted with his guitar).

“What are you doing?” Jihoon sounded breathless, he hoped Seungcheol doesn’t notice considering that he was too busy burying his face into Jihoon’s neck and this feels so intimate that Jihoon is pretty sure he will melt anytime soon.

He knew he should’ve taken the jacket instead.

The black haired male hummed and smiled, his lips only a hairsbreadth away from Jihoon’s collarbones and if the soft shudder from the shorter male was of any indication both of them are secretly liking this position (no matter what Jihoon says).

“Seungcheol seriously. What are you doing?” thankfully Jihoon sounded much steadier now, having controlled himself and had slightly calmed down. But his heartbeats are still thundering on how close his bestfriend was, feeling the slight rippling of his muscles and the soft caress of his lips. And oh my gods, he was pretty sure his heartbeat can be heard within 10 kilometer radius.

“Keeping you warm obviously, since you refused to take my jacket then I will it upon myself to keep you warm.” His voice shouldn’t be this low, Jihoon internally whined. He wanted to shut this man up (probably with his lips, but shhh don’t tell Seungcheol that) because his voice is not doing anything to help him calm down and think rationally. And so as he shuddered involuntarily, he felt himself subconsciously molding himself against the taller male’s backhug. And wow, it feels so nice Jihoon feels like he is going to cry.

Thankfully, the pavement is not that packed since they were on the quieter part of the city and no one can see two males hugging tightly in the middle of the night. The younger male tried to will himself away from the tempting heat of the older male’s body and actually get out of this hug before he does something that he will regret later on.

“Cheol. How are we going to get to my dorm like this?” Finally, his voice has steadied making him sound like he normally does. But just as he thought that he had finally calmed himself down, his bestfriend chose this time to chuckle lowly and nuzzle his nose onto Jihoon’s neck. And what the hell that is so unfair, Jihoon again whined internally as he visibly shuddered.

“Well I can just take you back to my place. I’m sure the others won’t mind.” The older male said, tightening his hold onto Jihoon effectively directing his body heat to Jihoon’s back.

I will mind. Seungcheol I’m warm enough y-you can… let go.” He tried moving the arm around his shoulder but it only tightened its hold.

“But I’m cold.” The elder whined now burying his face into Jihoon’s hair, if it was another person Jihoon would be very creeped out. But this was Seungcheol, his bestfriend who has been with him since high school.

His bestfriend who he is in love with.

His bestfriend.

“Come on Cheol stop. Please let go now.” He said quietly, he knew the older male took note of the slight shift of his tone. They are practically in sync with each other that they knew that there is something wrong even with the slightest change of voice.

After a few beat of silence, the older male decided that he has had enough and proceeded to turn the pink haired male around, so they now stood face-to-face.

Jihoon looked like he was about to cry but he was holding it in, Seungcheol wanted to kiss all the tears and sadness away. But both knew they had to do something, they had danced around each other for too long, both are too scared to take the next step. But they are even more afraid to let each other go.

The older male took Jihoon’s face in his hands, gently holding their gazes. Silently trying to find answers to their own questions, trying to find what they are searching for all this time.

“But I don’t want to let you go.”  He whispered as he shortened their distance, they can practically feel each other’s breath. He took a deep breath as he dived in and took the soft lips in his own.

The kiss was sweet and longing. Jihoon felt those soft plump lips against his own, his heart stuttered at the sensation and he was dumbfounded. He can’t move or think because the only thought his mind can comprehend is that Seungcheol is kissing him.

Seungcheol is kissing him.

Kissing him.

He did not have the time to respond since the black haired male broke the kiss looked down. He felt the arms loosening around him and he practically panicked that he sent the wrong response. So he did the only thing he can do.

Jihoon wrapped his arms around the taller male, tiptoed and took the older male’s lips into another kiss.

This time the kiss was soft and unhurried, like they have all the time in the world to discover each other. And they do. They have all the time to map each other out, to discover more about each other and just enjoy each other’s presence. They have all the time in the world, preferably forever.

As they broke apart for air, they exchanged wistful smiles and breathless laughter. Jihoon buried his head in Seungcheol’s shoulder in embarrassment, his blush extending to his ears. That action alone made the older male laugh even more and hold the shorter male in his arms even tighter, like his life depended on it.

“I love you.”  Those three words that had only been whispered to themselves, in fear of being rejected, is now whispered to each other with no fear whatsoever.

Because this time. They are finally, finally together.

Jicheol epilogue. END!

“Seriously Jihoonie, aren’t you going to admit that you were jealous? Ow…Ow! Sorry. I’m going to shut up. Please, drop that guitar OH MY GOD.”


A/N: I'm so sorry. HAHAHAHA *slumps to the floor* JICHEOL FOREVER. 

I'm not sure what pair I would do next but, still, thank you so much to everyone who takes their time to read this. ILY. ♥♥♥ 

*runs*