Myoui Mina

Butterfly

Two years of marriage brought the pair nothing but happiness and peace. Momo couldn't have been more thankful to have her best friend as her wife. 

 
For two years the two forgot how sick Sana was or that many would disapprove of their marriage. 
 
But of course life wasn't perfect. 
 
~
 
The car was filled with tension as the pair made their way home. Momos knuckles were white as they gripped the steering wheel and Sana sat looking out the window. Both were unable to speak. 
 
Sana was sick once again. 
 
Momo's emotions were mixed between worry, rage and determination. As Sana's wife she promised to take care of her through sickness and she would. Before when they were just friends, Momo knew to be careful around her but now she would have to take the place of her parents. 
 
Pretty soon Sana would need to start treatment and the days would not be easy. Momo would need to be home more often and be sure that Sana didn't exert herself. 
 
"It'll be okay." Momo finally spoke out loud as they arrived home. "I'm going to take care of you and be there to hold your hand through it all." 
 
Sana turned to look at her, a sadness in her eyes. "I know. I wouldn't expect anything else from you." She smiled weakly. 
 
"I love you." Momo reminded her for the twelfth time that day. 
 
"I love you too." Sana replied with a softer genuine smile. "Now come on, we're gonna miss our show." 
 
~
 
Momo had informed the company that she would not be around as often. 
 
They quickly began to search for someone to help Momo and take her place when she would not be available. 
 
When one was found, Momo was informed that she would be arriving soon to help. Momo had little time to worry about the new teacher and focused on training her trainees well and thinking about Sana. She had begun treatment and Momo had found large chunks of her hair scattered around their bed and restroom. She was looking sicker as the days went by. 
 
Despite looking sick as she was, she continued to be beautiful in Momo's eyes. Her strength also never failed to amaze her. 
 
~
 
"Thank you Mrs. Hirai!" The trainees called out to her as they began filing out of the room, eager to start their weekend. Momo waved them goodbye and began scrolling through her playlist. Her classes were done for the day and no one was signed to train the room for the evening, giving her a bit of time to use the room for her own. 
 
As her favorite song played, her entire body and soul focused on the rhythm as she moved. Never missing a beat she let herself fall into the music. 
 
When the music was over, Momo opened her eyes to find that she wasn't alone. Her eyes met the eyes of red haired girl standing in the doorway. The girl immediately blushed and bowed. 
 
"I apologize for staring, I couldn't bring myself to interrupt." She mumbled. It was difficult for Momo to hear as the girls voice faded into a whisper as she continued to speak. 
 
Annoyed, Momo walked forward to hear her better. "Is there something that you wanted?" 
 
The girl nodded, her cheeks still tinted red. "I was looking for the dance teacher Hirai Momo, I was told I'd find her here." 
 
"You did. I'm Hirai Momo." The girl looked about her age, if not younger, Momo noticed as she studied her. She couldn't have been there for dance classes as Momo noticed her figure resembled that of a dancers. She must have been the new teacher, she concluded.
 
"Oh!" Her eyes widened. "I'm Myoui Mina. I'm the new dance teacher." 
 
Momo nodded. "Nice to meet you. Are you Japanese by any chance?" Momo was certain the girl was not Korean and her language was formal. 
 
"Yes!" Mina smiled shyly. "Oh, are you.." 
 
"Yup." She replied. "Moved here when I was fifteen." 
 
Mina snapped her fingers. "I remember you! You were the good dancer on Sixteen! You were my favorite..." She trailed off, blushing once again. "Sorry, I don't mean to bring up what was probably a hard time for you..." 
 
"Don't worry, everything work out just fine for me. My goal was never really to debut anyways." Momo waved. "Let's stop talking about me, I want to see what you can do." 
 
~
 
Mina was good. 
 
Although Momo's dance was more fluid and freestyle, Mina had a grace to her, which she learned came from years of ballet. 
 
Momo watched Mina dance for an hour at most before challenging her into a dance off. The pair got lost in the music and Momo found herself enjoying the new teachers company. She could tell that they would get along well.
 
The pair giggled as they bumped into each other, having lost track of their actual objective. 
 
The giggled stopped as someone coughed. Looking up, Momos eyes widened as she saw Sana standing in the door way. She also realized that she was not in a good position. Momos arms were wrapped around Mina's waist to prevent her from falling when they bumped into eachother and Mina's hands rested on her shoulders. They looked like lovers about to passionately kiss. 
 
Momo immediately released Mina and stepped away. "Sana what are you doing here?" She cringed, realizing how that would sound.
 
"You said you would be home early today. I was worried when you didn't show." Sana replied, looking Mina over.
 
"Right!" Momo slapped her forehead. "Sorry! Um, this is Myoui Mina. She's the new teacher. We were just goofing around, I should have called." 
 
Sana smiled suddenly, "It's alright. I liked being the one to worry for once. And it's nice to meet you Ms. Myoui. I'm Sana!"
 
"Mina is just fine." Mina replied shyly. "Sorry for keeping Momo." 
 
"Don't worry about it. I managed to catch the end of your performance. You two are quite the pair." She winked. 
 
Momo was confused at Sana's nonchalant attitude and if she didn't know better she would think that Sana was flirting. She also resembled that of a teenager, teasing two friends that were too stupid to realize that they loved each other. The thought made Momo step away even more from Mina and walk up to Sana. 
 
"It's getting late, we should head home." Momo stated, rubbing Sana's shoulder. 
 
Sana nodded and smiled over to Mina. "You should stop by for dinner sometime!" 
 
"Oh, um, sure. I would love too. Thank you." Mina bowed.
 
"It's no problem." 
 
The trio walked out of the studio as Momo locked the door behind them, bag over her shoulder and her hand intertwined with Sana's. She noticed Mina eyeing their hands but ignored it while they walked toward the exit. Momo wasn't afraid to show P.D.A in the building since mostly everyone knew about her relationship with Sana already. Mina would have learned about it at some point and Momo rather she see it rather then hear about it from the grape vine. 
 
"It was nice meeting you." Mina began her goodbyes as they stepped out. 
 
"You too!" Sana replied l. "Don't forget what I said. Have a good night!" Sana waved. 
 
"See you Monday!" Momo waved. 
 
The parted, Momo and Sana heading toward the garage and Mina heading off in another direction. 
 
"Did you walk here?" Momo suddenly realized they only had one car.
 
"I took the bus." Sana muttered. 
 
"You should have just called, you can't be exerting yourself like that!" Momo scolded.
 
Sana rolled her eyes. "I did call. You were too busy dancing remember. Also I was fine! The bus stop is just outside our building anyways." 
 
The two fell in silence as Momo drove. Sana wasn't silent often and Momo wondered if she was thinking about what she had walked into earlier. She would have make sure Sana didn't worry about anything happening between her and Mina. 
 
Sana was the only person she loved and would ever love.