Hello

Butterfly
They were 7 when they met. 
 
Momo had always been curious of the girl who played by herself in the next house over. As she ran around with her own friends in the streets, she'd often look over to see the girl sitting down on the grass writing or reading. 
 
So one day Momo asked her to play.
 
"Hello." Momo called out to the girl sitting down on a blanket. 
 
The girl looked up to Momo, and Momo thought her cheeks looked fluffy. She was also confused to see tubes connected to her nose which led to a tiny pink backpack which she had on. Momo wanted to ask but she didn't want to be rude.
 
"Hello." The girl said bowing. 
 
"I'm Hirai Momo. What's your name." 
 
"I'm Minatozaki Sana." The girl said timidly. 
 
"Want to play?"
 
The girl bit her lip and looked over to her house. 
 
"What's the matter?"
 
"My mom told me I shouldn't leave the yard." 
 
"Why?"
 
"Because I'm sick." Sana replied sadly.
 
"Oh. Well you have a face mask. And we'll only be playing out here." Momo prompted. 
 
"Okay maybe just for a bit." She said with a bright smile so contagious Momo couldn't help but smile back at her. It was quickly covered by the mask as she got up to play. 
 
Momo was showing Sana how to hop scotch when a woman came out screaming. 
 
"SANA! SANA!" The women cried out.
 
Sana froze as the woman came out of yard. She rushed over and scooped Sana into a hug. "Sana you know you're not supposed to leave the yard." 
 
"I'm sorry mother." 
 
"I'm sorry miss, I just wanted to play with her." Momo said, guilty that she had gotten her new friend in trouble.
 
Momo watched her new friend get carried away. 
 
Later that day Momo watched as her parents spoke to Sanas mother at the door. She worried about getting in trouble. 
 
She was shaking in her shoes as she was called down and sat down on the couch. 
 
"Momo were you playing with the girl next door?"
 
"Yes?" 
 
"And did she tell you that she was sick?" 
 
"Maybe." Momo said, avoiding her parents eyes. 
 
"Momo you're not in trouble but we need to make sure you understand. The girl next door, well she's sick." 
 
"I know but she had a mask." Momo nodded.
 
Her mother smiled softly and leaned over to hold her hand. "Sometimes Momo, people get really sick. They have to go to the hospital a lot and they can't do normal things like we can. They have to be careful. The girl next door, well she has trouble breathing sometimes. So she has to be really really careful."
 
 Momo was saddened to hear that her new friend was sick. 
 
"But her mother said that you could come over anytime to play with her inside. Just as long as you're careful." Her mother finished. 
 
Momo nodded excitedly. 
 
After that Momo went to play with her new friend everyday.