Joy

Butterfly

Momo had never felt more relief than when she was eliminated. 

 
She cried out in joy and lied through her teeth about being saddened at not debuting. She knew Sana would be upset but it wouldn't matter since the pair of them would have more time to spend together now that she wasn't on the show. 
 
The next day she was called in for a meeting about her future. All the dance and singing teachers along with executives agreed that she had the talent to make it into the next group or even make it on her own but she decided to be honest with them. She didn't want to debut. She didn't want the fame or lifestyle it would bring her. She just wanted to dance and be close to Sana, that last part she kept to herself. 
 
Not wanting her talent to go to waist, they offered her a position as a dance teacher. She'd be assisting the senior teachers until she was ready to teach on her own and maybe even choreograph some dances for other groups. She immediately took the job, knowing that it wouldn't get better than that. 
 
Finally things were looking up for Momo. She no longer had to worry about debuting, Sana was getting better and was now her girlfriend, and she now had a job that would keep her in Seoul. 
 
She couldn't have been happier. 
 
 
Momo watched beside the rest of the former members of Sixteen as Mr. Park called the names of the girls who would debut as Twice. 
 
Momo was glad to see some of her best friends in the line up and saddened to see some of the other girls with loads of talent realize they wouldn't be debuting. 
 
In the end, Twice consisted of seven members: Nayeon, Jungyeon, Jihyo, Chaeyoung, Dahyun, Somi and Tzuyu. 
 
Momo was happy for the girls and hoped she'd be able to work with them someday. 
 
~
 
Since Momo was no longer a trainee at JYP, she now had the freedom of leaving whenever she felt like. 
 
Unfortunately she had been kicked out of the trainee dorms and found herself staying at Sana's home not too far away. Because Sana's parents had no clue about their daughters relationship with Momo, they were both allowed to sleep in the same room and bed. It had been awkward at first, both of them laying down on their sides watching the other intensely. They ended up in a fit of giggles before cuddling in close. 
 
In the mornings Momo rode the bus with Sana to her school before making her way to the JYP building for work. 
 
They never grew bored of the routine and continued it until Sana graduated. 
 
Soon after her graduation, Momo found an apartment for both of them to live in comfortably. Sana's parents agreed with the condition that they still be allowed to help pay for Sana's medical bill. They didn't have to worry as Sana had been given a large donation from JYP Entertainment. Momo had learned that their scenes and episode had been one of the most watched from the entire program. She had also learned that it had been Jungyeon to tell the producers about Sana, she had been worried about Momo and figured Sana would help her feel better. 
 
Momo needed to find a way to thank her properly. 
 
~
 
The good days continued as Momo was assigned in helping choreograph for Twice. Being able to work with her best friends was one the best things about her job and getting to go home to Sana furthered the positives in her life. 
 
A year after dating and a few months of living together, Momo decided to propose. 
 
While Sana was at work, Momo decorated their apartment for the proposal. When Sana would enter, she would be met with a pathway of photos of the pair of them as they grew up. Momo had also printed out individual words that spelt out "Will you marry me?", as Sana would venture further into the apartment. 
 
At the end of the journey Momo would be waiting with a ring where hopefully Sana would say yes. 
 
~
 
"Momorin?" Sana called out as she entered the apartment. 
 
Momo stood nervously with the box that suddenly felt a hundred pounds heavier. Sana was silent as she walked through the hallway and Momo had a moment of second thoughts, fearing that Sana would not be pleased with such a simple proposal. She shook it off quickly remembering how Sana had cried when she had made her string bracket when they were eight.
 
Sana is sentimental and would only dislike it if she didn't want to marry her, Momo told herself. 
 
Finally Sana appeared in the doorway, gasping as Momo crouched to one way. 
 
With shaky hands Momo presented the ring, "Minatozaki Sana, every moment of our lives together has been an adventure of ups and downs. But we've overcome a lot together and I couldn't imagine anyone else by my side through it all. I know it took me a while to realize how in love with you I was but I promise to never let you forget how much I do if you agree to be with me for the rest of our lives. I love you. Will you marry me?" 
 
Sana's eyes glistened with tears as she slowly walked closer. Crouching down in front of Momo she nodded. 
 
"I will." 
 
~
 
The wedding was small and unofficial. It didn't matter to them that Jihyo was the one to marry them or that none of their families could attend. The only ones in attendance were their friends, all seven of the Twice members and the other trainees who prepared for their upcoming debut. 
 
Momo couldn't keep her eyes off of Sana the entire ceremony. She glowed in her pink dress, her hair which had grown flowed beautiful around her face that shined with out most joy. It took a lot of strength for Momo not to kiss her in the middle of it all. 
 
When the "ceremony" was over the girls watched as Momo and Sana danced around in the living room, their furniture had been pushed away for the occasion. Momo sang softly into Sana's ear as they twirled around. 
 
They'd agreed that Sana had unofficially taken Momos name and Momo couldn't believe that Sana was hers. Her wife. She felt almost unworthy of the title but she would wear it proudly and make sure to never let Sana regret the decision. 
 
"I love you Hirai Sana." Momo whispered into her ear. 
 
Giggling, Sana pecked her lips. "I love you Momorin." 
 
A/N: hello! Sorry for the lack of updates the past two days I've been busy wrapping gifts >.< 
 
Anyways some of you might have questions so feel free to ask them and hopefully I'll have answered some of them after this sentence. 
 
As some of you know Twice was originally supposed to be only 7 members to be the sister group of GOT7 but due to popular demand Tzuyu and Momo were added. For plot reasons Japan line could not be in Twice bc a) Sana is sick and never was a trainee, b) Momo didn't want to debut and needs to be around for Sana, c) Mina has yet to show up and will very soon. And that is why Somi is in the group and also I really liked her.
 
Mina should be arriving very soon, depending on how I write the next chapter it could be the end of the next chapter or the one after. This story would be a very short one if I had just started off with Mina and Momo meeting and falling in love quickly. I also love SaMo so much I wanted to show them falling in love and that way when it's time to say goodbye to Sana some of you will cry ;) 
 
Lastly if theirs any other ships you'd like to see feel free to suggest them. They could be twice pairings within the group or with members of other groups and I might write them in depending if I know the person or like the pairing enough. They won't be focused on too much but they would be written in occasionally. 
 
Sorry for the very long authors note! 
 
Thank you so much for the subs, comments and upvotes! They honestly make my day and make me excited to write! <3