Love.

Butterfly
Things hadn't been working out for Momo on the show. Although she had told all the girls she didn't want to debut, Sana had made her promise that she would try her hardest to win a spot in the new girl group. So Momo tried her hardest and found herself falling behind the others. She knew she was focusing too hard on trying to beat Natty but at the moment she was her biggest competition. 
 
Dancing no longer felt like an escape, it felt more like a chore and she was starting to resent it. 
 
Each week as Mr. Park critiqued her skills and her attitude, she found herself in a terrible mood. The other girls began to distance themselves from her and she spent all her time in the training rooms, angrily dancing until her lungs screamed and feet were purple.
 
It also didn't help that she hadn't seen Sana since the day she had told her about the survival show. Momo didn't want the world to know about Sana. Not that she was ashamed of her. She knew that if they knew about her the audience would vote in her favor out of sympathy and that's now how Momo wanted to gain her votes. 
 
In the moments when Momo danced alone she let her mask fall as she thought about Sana. After Momos realization, she found herself being suddenly overwhelmed at Sana's touch. She was mesmerized by how good Sana smelt. Her eyes lingered on the smooth skin that revealed its self as Sana stretched. How beautiful Sana's eyes were in the light. All the little things she hadn't paid attention to the last ten years and suddenly Sana was someone brand new. 
 
Momo tried her best not to think about her best friend in that way, it felt almost wrong. But she couldn't help it and she found herself replaying the way it felt when Sana hugged her goodbye in her mind, when she danced, when she slept, even when she ate. 
 
Sana was all she could think about. 
 
~
 
Momo turned her back as the camera crew entered the training room. All the girls had gathered to practice together, trying to restore the friendships the show was beginning to tear apart. Momo had been surprised to be invited and she felt guilty for giving everyone the cold shoulder. 
 
The room quieted down and Momo felt everyone's eyes on her. She ignored them and continued packing away her things, tonight she planned on sneaking out to see Sana. She needed her best friend.
 
"Momorin." A voice called out.
 
Instinctively Momo spat out, "Don't call me that." Spinning to give the person a glare. 
 
Her bag dropped to the floor as she looked at the person who called out to her. 
 
"Sana?" She whimpered. 
 
Sana stood in the doorway, dressed in her school uniform still, smiling brightly at her. Momo immediately rushed over and engulfed her in a hug. Tears fell from her eyes as the stress that she had tried her best to dance away was suddenly relieved just by being in Sana's arms. In the moment it didn't matter to her that the cameras circled around them or that the other girls were watching. 
 
Sana was all that mattered. 
 
~
 

Momo agreed to allow them to question her about Sana and film a few scenes of the both of them showing their friendship; with the condition that Momo be allowed to leave with Sana for the evening without the camera. 

 
They walked hand in hand by the river, silent as they basked in the sunlight. Occasionally, Momo stopped them to let Sana rest her lungs before they continued on. 
 
"Let's sit over there." Sana pointed to a bench overlooking the river. 
 
Momo nodded and let herself be pulled in the direction. 
 
"I wish I had bread." Sana pouted, looking at all the ducks. 
 
"It's the thought that counts." Momo joked. 
 
The pair giggled and Sana rested her head on Momos shoulder. "I've missed you Momorin. None of the girls in my school can eat like you." She teased. 
 
Rolling her eyes, Momo poked Sana's rib. "Surely there is someone there that could threaten my position as the real life vacuum best friend." 
 
Sana sniffed and shook her head. "No one could take your place." She said honestly, giving Momo a look of adoration and Momo couldn't resist anymore. 
 
Cupping her face gently, Momo brought Sana's lip to hers. The kiss was gentle and sweet and Momo could smell Sana's perfume, heightening the experience ten fold. She could kiss her forever. But then Sana was tapping on her shoulder rapidly and Momo realized that Sana might not have felt the same way. Momo broke them apart and turned away in shame.  
 
"I'm sorry." She whimpered out in regret. 
 
"D-don't." Sana heaved out. Quickly looking over at her, Momo noticed that she looked pale and her breathing was labored. Momo could slap herself for being so thoughtless. 
 
"Even breathes." Momo guided her. Grabbing her hand she placed it on her chest. "Match the rhythm. There you go." She couched. 
 
As Sana's breathing evened out, Momo let go of her hand. 
 
"I've never wished for better lungs more than I did right now." Sana pouted, glaring down at her chest adorably. 
 
Momo smiled shyly at her. "You didn't mind?" 
 
Sana tsk'd, "Of course not." She intertwined their hands. "I've only been in love with you since we were 7." 
 
It was Momos turn to look at her in adoration, "Really? I'm sorry for keeping you waiting." She blushed. 
 
"It was worth the wait." She winked. 
 
Momo giggled and leaned her forehead on hers. "Then you won't mind if I tell you that I love you." 
 
"Feel free to tell me anytime." Sana beamed at her. 
 
"I love you." Momo repeated as she leaned in for another kiss.