Chapter 7

Opposites Attract
-Y/N-

 
                I bit my lip and looked to the side, uncertain about this situation. Rin thought it was a dream… I could have left it as it was… I groaned internally, trying to decide what to say as Rin stared at me with shocked, wide eyes. He sighed, standing up so as to face me properly. Running his fingers through his hair, his face still flushed, he took the initiative, noticing my hesitation and slightly trembling form.
                “Why’d you run away?” he asked, fear and concern lacing his voice as it cracked ever so slightly. My head shot up, his question catching me by surprise. My eyes trailed along his body as I thought of how to explain something I didn’t entirely understand myself.
                “I-I…” I started, searching for the proper words to continue the sentence, “I don’t know, I guess I just… got scared…” my voice trailed off into a whisper as my hands began fiddle with the bottom of my shirt. I shifted uncomfortably, staring at Rin’s other hand which was resting on his hip. Biting the inside of my cheek, I decided to let instinct take over, taking his larger hand in my own two smaller ones. “I really like you, Rin. No… no, I love you. I’ve fallen in love with my best friend’s brother. I tried not to, but I did.” I confessed quietly, my face flushed darkly as I stared at his hand.
                I saw Rin shift his weight to his left leg, right hand falling from his head to cup my cheek. My eyelids fluttered as my gaze flickered from Rin’s lips to his eyes, the temptation to kiss him growing stronger. A sudden sense of nervous awareness flowed through my veins, to my heart, then to my brain, causing my face to become incinerated by heat and the saliva in my throat to become thick. My heart began to pound, resulting in uneven and rapid breathing as I swallowed thickly, my hands dropping his as they trailed up his side, butterflies disturbing my stomach.
                I pressed my hands to the sides of his neck gently, my skin feverishly hot against his own. Rin’s hands settled themselves on my hips as he stared at me, eyes half lidded. The taller male’s breath hitched as I exhaled softly, pressing my lips to his. The light kiss lasted a mere few seconds. Pulling away, I bit my quivering lip, afraid Rin would notice.
                Rin’s right hand trailed up my side and to my face, leaving a burning trail of heat behind as I felt his soft tail replaced his hand, wrapping around my waist gently. The navy haired male traced the edge of my lips gently before resting his thumb on my bottom lip, pulling down softly as he let his hand fall once more to my hip, stealing my next breath with a kiss. My heart flipped and beat violently against my ribcage as butterflies turn into bulls, ramming themselves ferociously into the lining of my stomach. I weaved my fingers into his messy, soft navy blue hair, pressing my chest to his as a sudden wetness was added to the kiss, causing me to groan and open my mouth, letting the male deepen the kiss, out lips molding together perfectly, as if it were meant to be.
                The touch of Rin’s tongue around my own was sloppy, inexperienced, yet I yearned for it, my fingers tugging lightly on his hair. My hands fell from the tall male’s head, down to the edges of his t-shirt as my fingers twitched, softly inching up his shirt. His skin felt achingly cool against the tips of my fingers, resulting in me placing my hands flat against his stomach, trailing up his sides slowly. I removed my lips from his, just barely, Rin’s tongue resting on my lower lip as we gasped in a breath before kissing once more, his tongue slipping into my mouth quickly.
                Blood rushed to my head and my thoughts became fuzzy as I Rin’s tongue, sending shivers down the taller male’s spine. I pushed Rin back slowly, until he was firmly pressed against his desk. My tongue fought against Rin’s, pushing it back into his own mouth as mine soon followed, interested in exploring it. I flicked my tongue against his sharp teeth before rolling it over his own, quickly dominating him as I pressed against his body firmly, earning a groan.
                “Rin, Y/n, I going to go to the convenience st– uh, guys?” a familiar voice assaulted my ears, causing me to pull away abruptly as white hot embarrassment seared my face. Rin flushed and looked away as I stared at Yukio with wide eyes, stumbling and stuttering over an explanation. Yukio held up a hand, stopping me before I could utter out an actual word. I bit my lip, my eyes falling to the ground as a wave of awkwardness overtook my body. “I’m going to the convenience store. Is there anything you’d like me to pick up while I’m there?” Yukio asked, a small smile on his face as he ignored the situation.
                “Icepops!” Rin shouted, a large, goofy smile on his face, making him look a bit like a child. I stared up at him for a moment as laughter bubbled up in my throat, causing me to erupt into a fit of giggles, releasing the tension. Yukio chuckled as Rin watched us, confused.
                “Right, icepops it is.” Yukio laughed as he left the doorway, leaving me and Rin alone once more. I shifted my weight, uncertain of what to do now that Yukio had left.
                “I’m in love with you, too.” Rin whispered, taking a step closer to me. He cupped my face and leaned down, pressing his lips to my forehead. I relaxed, a soft smiled appearing on my face as I let out a quiet chuckle, gripping Rin’s hands with my own.
                “Let’s go make some food, so there’ll be a meal ready for Yukio when he gets back.” I pulled Rin down the hall and to the kitchen, satisfied with the day already.