Chapter 2

Opposites Attract
 
-Y/N-

 
        Where on earth could they be? The twins, as well as the other students that attend this so called ‘Night School’, have disappeared. Headmaster doesn’t seem too worried about it, so he obviously know what’s going on, and where they are. I, however, do not. Therefore, I shall proceed to be worried and pace and walk around the abandoned boy’s dormitory they live in, searching every nook and cranny for them. It’s been nearly a week. I’ve never gone more than four hours without Yukio at least sending a text or calling. 
        “It’s decided!” I shouted into the empty building, at no one in particular, “I’m going to kill Yukio the minute I see him.” I planted my fist into my hand, like those characters on television do when they have a ‘eureka’ moment. Slowly, my hands fell to my sides and I tilted my head back as I leaned against the wall. “No… that’s not gonna work.” I mumbled, turning around so it was now my forehead pressed against the wall instead of my back.
        “Y/n? What are you doing here?” I whipped around, staring wide eyed at the two males who now stood in front of me.
        “What the hell happened!?” I gasped, rushing over to the twins. I stared at the two. Yukio seemed alright, not a single scratch on him. Rin on the other hand… I hope most of that blood isn’t his.
        “Rin got into a fight.” Yukio said bluntly, glaring at the elder twin he helped hold up. I quickly walked to the other side of the boy, whom was now smiling sheepishly. Wrapping my arm around his waist, I placing his over my shoulders.
        “I’ll go get him fixed up. Go take a nap, you look tired. I’ll get dinner started after I fix Rin up.” Yukio nodded, gently shifting Rin’s weight over to me before taking off up the stairs as quickly as he could manage with his exhausted body. Rin opened his mouth, but I quickly placed my hand over it as I took him to the bathroom. “No talking. Not yet.”
 

        I set Rin on the edge of the tub, quickly getting to work, grabbing the first aid kit above the medicine cabinet. I soaked a cotton pad in alcohol and started cleaning the blood off, occasionally coming across a cut which I thoroughly cleaned. I paused as I finished cleaning off his face, furrowing my brows as heat rushed to my face. “I uh.. I’m going to need you to um… take your shirt off…” I trailed off, looking away from the navy haired male. Rin just nodded and moved stiffly, pulling his shirt up slowly as I pulled more cotton pads out. We’ve already used roughly ten. Good thing there’s a lot.
        “Here, let me.” I said as I noticed Rin’s struggle. I swiftly, but carefully, pulled Rin’s sticky shirt off. I could feel Rin’s eyes were following my every move as I started cleaning the blood off his chest. My face was burning, but I tried to ignore it. Suddenly, I spotted something behind Rin. I narrowed my eyes as I peered behind the male. I could feel him tense through my hand as I lean around him. A stiff navy blue tail protruded from his lower back. I stared at the unmoving tail for a moment, before turning back to Rin’s chest, cleaning a rather large cut.
        Rin watched me for a moment before he said something. “You’re not going to ask?” his voice was hoarse and confused.
        “Nope.”
        “Not about what happened, either?”
        “I don’t need to.”
        “Do you already know what happened?”
        “You got in some sort of fight. I don’t need the details,” I started, standing up as I finished cleaning the wound. “Not about the fight, nor about your tail.” I sent a warm smile his way, but he only frowned, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion as he watched me.
        “Why?” he asked, placing his hands on his knees. He pushed himself up and walked over to me. I could feel his presence beside me, his eyes boring into me. I continued preparing bandages as I thought of what to say.
        “Why… would I need the details?” I asked, turning to him and looking into his eyes. “You’re still you. Neither a fight nor tail will change that, so why should I ask for the details? If you wish to tell me, you can, but it’s not as though you need to. Now sit, I need to wrap your torso.” Rin obeyed the demand, sitting on the edge of the sink beside me. I quickly started wrapping the bandages around Rin’s chest, knowing he’d start talking soon.
        “Do you want to know?” he asked, lifting his arms out of the way.
        “Does it matter?” I asked in reply, a small smile creeping its way onto may face as I tried not to laugh. Rin’s tail was now tickling my arm, though I made sure to ignore it. I pinned the edge for the bandage, stepped back and told Rin to stand. I walked around him, dragging my fingers around this torso as I made sure the bandage was tight and secure. I paused next to Rin’s side and stared at the tail. It was long, and at the end was a puff of navy blue fur. Rin watched me, his tail swaying back and forth slightly.
        “Do you think it’s weird?” he questioned, his voice filled with suppressed fear.
        “A bit strange, but not weird.” My eyes followed the movement, “Can I touch it?” I looked up at Rin, my eyes filled with curiosity.
        “Yeah… I guess so.” he answered, tickling my hands with the tip. I smiled, running my hands along the tail. “I’m a demon.” Rin blurted out, his hands flying to cover his mouth as his eyes grew wide. I paused, looking back up to the taller boy. “W-well… half demon…”
        “That would explain a lot of things.” I stated before turning back to his tail, “Is your tail sensitive?” I asked, my curiosity was becoming slightly overwhelming.
        “Y-yeah…”
        “What does my touch feel like?”
        “It uh… kinda tickles.” He replied, a light pink dusting his cheeks. “D-does it not bother you? That I’m not completely human?” I furrowed my brows, reaching up to grab Rin’s nose.
        “It will if you purposely hurt an innocent person.” I tried to keep a stern face, though I ended up smiling, “Honestly though, I couldn’t care less. Like I said before, you’re still you. We’re still friends.”
        “Yeah… friends…” Rin mumbled, walking out of the room. I quickly followed after him, but stopped him as he reached the stairs.
        “You need to go rest,” I started, though I was interrupted before I could continue.
        “I’m gonna make supper.” Rin gave me a look that said it should’ve been obvious.
        “No, you’re going to go rest. I’ll be making dinner. I’ll come get you and Yukio when it’s done, now go.” I insisted, my voice stern so he would know he really doesn’t have a choice. Rin shifted his weight, hesitating before heading toward the room he shared with his younger brother to nap. I smiled in content and started towards the kitchen. What should I make tonight? They’ve just got back from gods know where, so it should be something I can make well. Nothing fancy, since I’ll butcher that… maybe salmon teriyaki and some rice. My teriyaki sauce is pretty great, and that’s my best dish. Yeah, salmon teriyaki and steamed rice for dinner. Simple, delicious. Perfect.