Chapter 3

Opposites Attract
 
-Y/N-

 
        “Good morning, Y/n. Can you come over and keep an eye on Rin for me? I have to go to work.”
        Yukio had called me, and asked me to watch over Rin to make sure he doesn’t do anything stupid or overwork himself while he’s injured. Of course, I had agreed right away, because Yukio is my best friend and I never refuse a favour. But now… now I regret it. I thought as I watch Rin twist and turn in his sleep, his mouth wide open and a small amount of drool dripping from it.
        “Why don’t I ever think things through when it comes to Okumuras?” I quietly asked myself as I pulled out my homework, and taking a seat at Rin’s desk. “I’ll start with Ancient Civilization homework… then Chemistry, then Math.” I whispered, sorting through the papers and text books, organizing them in the order I would do them.
 

~•🌟•~

 
        “Daren has nine hundred thirty seven dollars and twenty one cents in his savings account… the account pays four point five percent compounded monthly… Daren makes no deposits or withdrawals for six months… how much interest does the account earn. Right, so…” I mumbled to myself, verbally working through my math work, “The formula is… A equals P bracket one plus I bracket exponent n. Okay, so P is nine hundred thirty seven point twenty one… i is four point five percent, so four point five divided by one hundred then by twelve gives me… zero point zero zero three seven five, and n is six. So A equals nine three seven point two one bracket one plus zero point zero zero three seven five bracket exponent six…” I sighed, typing the numbers into the calculator, awaiting my answer.
        “Nine hundred fifty dollars and fifty cents. Alright, now subtract the original number from that… the account earns twenty one dollars and twenty nine cents…” I groaned out, slumping a little further in the chair. It’s not that I don’t like math. In fact, I love it. This part is just so boring… it’s so simple, easy, you know?
        “I shoulda known you’d be smart,” I heard a chuckle sound form behind me, causing me to jump and turn around.
        “Rin!? Jeez, if you were awake you should’ve said something…” I gripped my shirt above my heart, my breathing ragged, though still somewhat quiet. Shaking my head, I stood up, shoving the rest of the finish homework in my bag. “You nearly gave me a heart attack.” I frowned, sending a half-hearted glare towards the taller male.
        “Sorry, sorry,” Rin laughed, holding his hands up in defense. I couldn’t help but crack a smile as I walked through the door slowly.
        “I’ll go make something to eat. What do you want?”
        “Ah, no I can cook!” Rin stood up quickly, wincing as he put too much pressure on his left leg.
        “Yeah… you can totally cook,” I rolled my eyes, pulling my phone from my pocket. Twelve thirty two. I wonder when Yukio will get back.
        “You shouldn’t cook, though… you’ve already done so much for me and Yukio, especially after we got back, so…” Rin sat down, nursing his leg as he pouted, his tail twitching ever so slightly.
        “W-well… we can always order in,” I offered, unable to tear my eyes from his tail as a blush crept its way onto my face, “Why don’t we order pizza? We can split the cost if you want.” I ripped my gaze from the thin blue tail to stare at Rin, awaiting his response.
        “Yeah!” a huge, goofy smile appeared on Rin’s face. I chuckled, pulling out my phone and ordering a large pizza with dip, cheese sticks, and pop.
 

        “It’ll be here in about half an hour.”
 

~•🌟•~

 
        Ding dong. My head jerked upwards from the pile of movies Rin and I had been sorting through. We were trying to order five movies that we wanted to watch, and had the five picked out and almost completely in order.
        “That must be the pizza…” I whispered, standing up quickly, “You figure out the rest and put the first movie on, I’ll be back in a bit.” I stated, automatically walking through the door and jogging down the stairs, all whilst shouting, “I’m coming!”
        I opened the door, a small smile on my face as I pulled out my wallet. “Who the heck are you?” Tilting my head up, I furrowed my brows at the pizza delivery guy. He was tall, taller than Rin, and had brown hair with a blonde streak down the middle, almost like a skunk. He was visibly well muscled, even though he wore a large jacket. Overall, he was fairly scary looking, and that scowl that seemed to be implanted on his face didn’t help his case much, either.
        “I-I’m Y-Y/n, w-why?” I stuttered, my eyes widening slightly as I glanced around. I had gotten so used to being fairly comfortable with Yukio and Rin, that I forgot how frightening other people tend to be. The male just raised a brow at my paling form, his frown disappearing slightly, though not completely.
        “Where’s the idiot?”
        “I-I’m sorry… idiot?” I asked, my confusion helping mask my fear.
        “Okumura.”
        “O-oh… w-which one?”
        “Rin.” The tall male’s eye twitched as though I should have been obvious. I flinched, shrinking back slightly.
        “H-he’s upstairs…” I glanced at the pizza in the guy’s arms and I could feel my mouth beginning to salivate.
        “How’s he doing? He was pretty beaten up last time I saw him.” I raised both my eyebrows in surprise before speaking.
        “Uh… he’s fine, I suppose. He’s healing pretty quickly…” I mumbled, glancing behind the skunk-haired male.
        “What the hell are you doing here, Bon!?” a voice shouted from the stairs, causing me to jump. Turning around quickly, I ran over towards the owner of the voice, whom was now at the bottom of the stairs.
        “Rin, you’re supposed to be resting!” I scolded, trying to shove him back towards the stairs.
        “You were taking too long,” he stated, eyes narrowing as he looked back towards this ‘Bon’ guy, “Now I know why. Why are youhere?”
        “I’m doing my job, you ing imbecile!” my eyes struggled to look at the two males at once, flickering from one to the other rapidly. Should I intervene? 
        I bit my lip, stepping over towards the pizza guy before Rin could. “U-um, h-how much?” I asked, silently cursing myself for stuttering in front of Rin.
The tall male glared at Rin for a few moments in silence, “Thirty three, twenty eight.” He stated dully, taking the money as I handed it to him. He gave me the pizzas before walking off, and I shut the door, furrowing my brows at Rin.

        “What was that all about?” I asked as I walked towards him, “You know what? I don’t even want to know. But you need to stop moving around so much. Yukio would kill us if he found out.” Rin rolled his eyes, grabbing hold of the railing and making his way up the stairs as I followed after him. Damn, he’s got a nice … my face grew hot as I caught my mind wandering to forbidden places.
 

~•🌟•~

 
        Rin slumped against the wall further, sliding to the side and leaning his head on my shoulder. My heart began to beat faster, my stomach tightened and heat rushed to my face so fast it made me dizzy, though just for a moment. I held my breath, knowing that it would be suspicious if my breathing became ragged the exact moment Rin leaned against me.
        “What time is it?” Rin yawned, pulling the blanket we had been using up further and nestling his head into the nook of my neck. The credits rolled onto the television screen as I pulled my phone out, pressing the on button to arouse it from sleep.
        “Eight twenty three.” I stated, pulling my sleeves down to cover my hands. Why is it, that when you watch movies and/or get tired, everything seems to get colder?
        “It feels so much later than that…” Rin trailed off, and I could feel him shift, tilting his head to look up at me. I focused all my energy into making my blush go away, though I’m sure that only made it worse. The light from the screen made it light enough that Rin could easily see that blush, so I knew he could see it. Why’s he looking at me so much?
        I began to internally panic as I watched the words roll up television screen, pretending I’m reading them. Eventually, Rin’s head tilted back down again, and I could feel him close his eyes, his lashes brushed against the skin on my shoulder. I froze as realization struck me; he was falling asleep on my shoulder. I couldn’t move. I couldn’t breathe. I couldn’t even blink. I just picked up the remote carefully, turning the television off then blankly staring into the darkness. When I heard Rin’s breathing slow, indicating he had successfully fallen asleep, I let out a long, slow breath, and mentally face palmed. Now what do I do? If I move, I’ll wake him. But… if I just stay here… I’m stuck here until he wakes up.
        Sighing, I tilt my head back then go limp, letting gravity decide what I should do. Slowly, my head slid across the wall, stopping only when it was atop Rin's. My face flushed, and I turned my head slightly, so my nose was brushing against Rin’s messy, navy blue hair. I breathed in, then out. My breathing was steady, controlled, and quiet. I closed my eyes lightly, pressing my lips to the crown of Rin’s head as my instincts took over. When I pulled away, I set my head back on Rin’s, and closed my eyes. I really hope he’s actually asleep… and that he didn’t feel that…