Chapter 2

A1 - Woollim New Girl Group (Story Starting)
 
RuLrjki.png

       

Eliza didn’t know what was more exciting, her best friend finally debuting, or that her choreography was finally accepted by Woollim Staff. It’s safe to say that both made the top of her list. Of course, there were alot of tweaks to be made in the routine and she had to handle formations where some members took center stage more often than others, but it was doable. It was definitely a win for A1!

 

“Make sure Hyeya keeps on her diet, and please do not give J.Na anymore milkshakes!” head of the staff told Eliza and the leader nodded before excitedly running off to meet up with the rest of the girls. The staff thought that the choreography was y, but not , and although the point dance was a bit awkward, it was easy to follow and quite memorable. It reminded them of Girl’s Day Something or Sistar’s Touch My Body point dance. It was a statement part of the choreography and if done right, the girls could really turn it into a viral sensation.

 

Eliza quickly headed towards Mnet’s venue. Tonight was Minnie’s solo showcase. The girls of A1 decided that they would be more than happy to perform, but since they didn’t have much time to learn a new set of choreography, they just settled for something they learned and perfected as trainees. The rest of the members were already at the venue waiting for their leader to arrive. They were backstage watching Minnie rehearse her title track. Echo was texting on her phone and subtly giggling every once in a while as Jui was taking selfies backstage trying to find the perfect shot to post on her Social Media Page later. She pulled Hyeya into the shot and she made a cute pout face as Hyeya tried her best to not give an awkward smile or blink on the flash.

 

“Good shot,” Jui said taking a quick look at the photo and then saving the picture onto her phone.

“Wait, my face looks bloated,” Hyeya said reaching for her bandmate’s android.

“Says who? You look cute,” Jui replied.

“The company," Hyeya answered solmenly.

"I went for my weigh in this morning and I haven’t lost a single pound since the last time,” Hyeya answered.

“Yah Hyeyeon-ah. You look hot!” Echo said encouragingly.

“Yah maknae-ah! She’s your unnie, would it kill you to speak more formally?” Eliza nagged as she met up with her groupmates and scolded the youngest member.

“We’re besties. It’s all casual between us,” Echo responded to the leader informally as well. Eliza gave the girl a scowl and Echo stiffened a bit.

“I mean. Sorry unnie,” Echo said bowing to Hyeya and desperately trying to avoid Eliza’s bad side.

 

“Excuse me ladies. Do you know if Minyoung-shhi is still rehearsing?” the girls heard someone ask in the midst of all their talking. The girls turned their head and their eyes widened. Their hands suddenly found themselves patting down their long locks and straightening out their outfits.

“Sunbaenim,” Eliza said with a bow.

“Oh! I know you! BTS Jin!” Echo said excitedly. Jin gave the maknae a sweet smile and J.Na felt giddy inside seeing a Bangtan member in front of her. She had always been a die hard fangirl and although she has met many idols through her brother, seeing a BTS member in person was comparable to a 14 year old teenager meeting their celebrity crush for the first time.

“Let’s greet him properly,” Eliza said giving Echo a look to behave herself.

“1,2,3. Annyeonghaseyo A1 imnida!” the girls said together bowing at their senior.

“Annye-ooo-annyeongg-haseyeo,” J.Na stuttered as she was a bit too distracted to greet the boy at the same time as her members. Her cheeks tinted pink and she couldn’t really keep eye contact, but he was polite and just sent her a sweet smile in return.

“Annyeonghaseyo. I know A1. I’ve seen all your videos,” Jin said greeting the girls.

“Really?! We’ve seen all of BTS videos too! You really can’t dance all that well, and your singing is only okay, but at least you’re handsome,” Echo said and J.Na elbowed her groupmate hoping that she’d stop talking.

“She really doesn’t mean that sunbae. Apologize Seyeon-ah,” Eliza said.

“She doesn’t have to apologize if it’s true,” a voice said from behind the girls.

 

Minnie just finished going over a few of her songs and she spotted the girl’s talking to Jin. She skipped over and chuckled to herself as she overheard Echo’s comment on Jin’s dance skills. She wasn’t wrong. Compared to the other members, Jin danced like he had two left feet. The boy rolled his eyes seeing Minnie appear and she ruffled Echo’s head before walking over towards him and nudged him lightly with her elbow.

 

“You’re friends with BTS sunbaenims?” J.Na asked Minnie.

“Unfortunately. I’m stuck in all the same classes as him” Minnie replied.

“You were the one that changed all your classes’ last minute because you didn’t want to study alone,” Jin responded knocking on her forehead with his knuckles and she narrowed her eyes on him with a glare.

“Where are the rest of the guys? I thought I said to invite them,” Minnie said with her eyes wandering around backstage.

“No you said to invite Taehyung,” Jin corrected and Minnie chuckled.

“If I had known the girls of A1 would be here, the boys would have gladly came along,” Jin said sending a charming smile to the girls.

“Stop being such a flirt, no one is falling for it,” Minnie said rolling her eyes at her friend. She looked over at the girls and while Eliza and Hyeya were unfazed, Jui and J.Na had stars in their eyes.

“Yah Jinnie-ah! Can you do the point dance for Run? You guys always look so cool doing the shoulder shrug with your jackets,” Echo randomly said excitedly.

“I’m probably not the best to show the dance,” Jin said shyly.

“Seyeon-sshi. You should ask more politely if you want him to show you their dance. Sorry Sunbae,” Hyeya said and Jin shook his head saying that it’s alright.

“It’s okay, I like when people can be comfortable around me. You can call me Oppa if you want,” Jin said to Echo.

“She doesn’t even call us unnie,” Eliza mumbled.

“No can do! I can’t just be calling any guy oppa,” Echo said shaking her head.

“Yah! Seyeon-ah!” Eliza said a bit irritated that Echo can never seem to talk formally to anyone especially a senior idol.

“It’s okay. Jin is fine too,” Jin replied not wanting the maknae to be scolded by the leader.

 

Mnet staff soon called the girls onto the stage for lighting check and rehearsal. They haven’t practiced the dance on stage yet and they had to make sure that they had enough space for their whole routine since it had a lot of transitions. It was also the very first time all 5 of them would be on stage as A1 and not Woollim Trainees. Minnie’s showcase was completely live so they could not risk any mistakes so Eliza was pretty serious about making this rehearsal time count. The girl’s sent Jin and Minnie a quick bow before running out on stage. There were a lot of lights shining towards them and it was almost impossible to see anything in front of them. There wasn’t an audience, but they could tell that Mnet staff was pretty curious to see just how talented the girls were as juniors of Infinite and Lovelyz.

 

“Rehearsal or not. Full out,” Eliza said to the girls.

 

The routine consisted of two parts. The first part was an Eliza and Jui duet. It was hip hop and very pop, but still y and fun. Eliza choreographed it herself last year and the two of them performed it for one of their monthly evaluations which they got highly praised for. The second part consisted of all 5 members. It was slow and y. It didn’t have intricate choreography but it was still very alluring to watch and it was able to showcase each girl’s dance ability.  

 

“Wow! You girls look really great. And Hyeyeon-ah, your hip hop is looking really good nowadays,” Minnie said sending the girl a thumbs up.

“Thanks! It’s a lot slower than our other dances so I’ve been working really hard,” Hyeya replied with a smile.

“Jinah, you’re still coming out in front a little too early. If it helps, try counting it out with Seyeon before moving because you’re at least half a count to early,” Eliza commented.

“You also popped up a count too late during the chorus,” Echo added.

“Since we’re bringing it up, you turned the wrong way on the floor part as well,” Jui said.

“Hey Hey, let’s be happy I even remembered the routine. I’m in the group for my high notes, not my dancing,” J.Na replied.

“I thought you did well!” Hyeya said positively.

“Thank you,” J.Na said with a smile.

“And this is why you’re my favorite,” J.Na added as she wrapped an arm around Hyeya’s neck.

“Just watch your counts Jinah and get your turns right,” Eliza said.

 

They did the choreography one more time before thanking the staff and running off stage so Minnie could run through the rest of her songs. They headed towards the dressing room to get their hair and makeup done and were surprised to see the other 6 members of BTS present. They were messing around with each other like 16 year old boys who haven’t seen each other all summer.

 

“Wow. Minnie really is friends with Bangtan,” Jui said. Jin saw the girls and waved towards the group before walking over with the rest of s.

“Best behavior,” Eliza quickly muttered. It was more directed towards the maknae since she sometimes seems to forget the definition of formalities.

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m A1’s leader Eliza. It’s really nice to meet you,” Eliza greeted politely.

“You don’t need to be so polite. Minnie is a good friend of ours and any friend of hers is a friend of ours,” Taehyung answered nicely. The girls have heard a lot of Taehyung aka V from Minnie. They knew who he was, but it was the first time seeing him in person. All their eyes narrowed in on the boy and it seemed like forever until they broke eye contact. V was a bit taken back by their intense gaze and he suddenly felt uncomfortable with all eyes on him. Why are they staring at me like that!?

“Let me properly introduce you girls to the boys. This is our leader Rap Monster, that’s J-Hope, Suga, our maknae Jungkook, V and,” Jin started gesturing to the members one by one.

“The name is Jimin. Park Jimin,” he said a bit dramatic towards J.Na and sent her a cheesy smile along with a wink. She was a bit taken back by his approach and just politely returned a smile.

“What did you say your name was again?” Jimin asked.

“Uhh Jinah but I go by J.Na,” she replied.

“I think you mean your name is the future Mrs. Park Jimin,” Jimin said wiggling his eyebrows and sending the main vocalist another wink. Echo let out an accident chuckle which she really tried to hold but couldn’t.

“I think the stylist is calling my name,” J.Na suddenly said with a straight face.

“Coming!” she exclaimed to no one in particular and just walked by the Casanova, completely ignoring his attempt at a horrible pick up line. J.Na was a huge fan of BTS and she really enjoyed their performances but she always thought Jimin was a bit cocky with the way he always showed off his abs. It wasn’t like he was the only person with a 6 pack. She had hoped that the cocky side of Jimin was only part of his stage persona, but that didn't seem like the case.

“It was nice to meet you,” she said sending the rest of Bangtan a bow. Before she walked off, her eyes lingered a little longer on a familiar blonde. He must of remembered her as well seeing as he sent her a faint smile and she flushed under her cheeks before turning towards the dressing room.

“We should get going. We have to get to hair and makeup as well,” Eliza said. The girl gave the boys a bow before following J.Na off one by one.

“That was really lame Park Jimin. Just saying,” Echo said with a chuckle and patted the boy on his shoulder.

“Real smooth Romeo,” Jui added with a light laugh.

“Maybe you should just skip the cheesy lines next time. But good effort!” Hyeya then said following quickly behind her bandmate.

 

The boys watched the girls as they went further and further down the hall. Jimin's eyes stayed a little longer on J.Na's back before turning to face his teammates.

 

“She totally wants me" Jimin said.

"Am I right or am I right?!” he added with absolutely no response from his groupmates.

 
author note

 

Slowly but surely, this story will fall into place. I know it's a long wait but I promise you that it's one I will see through. I really like BTS so I hope you guys enjoyed the feature! Work is fun but I'm super busy and I'm still not all that use to the 8-5 life. Missing school sometimes, but not really since I utterly hate exams.

I've been really into Produce101 lately. Does anyone else watch it? Let me know your top 11 girls if you do watch it!!! Also Congrats to the beautiful ladies of TWICE!!! Twice Like Ooh Ahh hit their 1,000,000 mark in digital sales and they are still ranking around the top 20 on instiz so I'm very proud of the girls!!!

I miss everyone and I hope you stick by me with A1!!