Ahn Eun Young ft. Jung Min Young

A1 - Woollim New Girl Group (Story Starting)
 
RuLrjki.png

Staying back after practices wasn’t uncommon, especially for Eliza. The other members went home to rest after successfully recording their debut track “Ah Yeah”. Another trainee, Minnie, had asked Eliza to help with choreography for her upcoming debut showcase in 2 weeks, so Eliza stayed back to lend a hand. When it came to Minnie, there was almost nothing she wouldn't do for the girl. Minnie is an upcoming solo artist under Wooklim Entertainment. She was considered for a spot in A1, but the agency decided that her style fit more as a soloist than a girl group member. It disappointed both girls considering Eliza and Minnie were very close and they were hopeful that they would get to debut together, but Eliza was happy for Minnie and encouraged her to go forward as a soloist.

 

“Your feet are too far apart and your knees are bending inwards. It’s slowing you down so you're late half a count,” Eliza said thoroughly observing Minnie’s routine. Minnie who was now drenched in sweat rolled up her sleeves and gave the girl a nod before correcting her steps and performing the 8 count over again. She looked over at Eliza and the girl gave Minnie a thumbs up and motioned for her to continue with the rest of the choreography.

 

Eliza was helpful especially when it came to dance and choreography. Some idols are good at hip hop, others excelled in modern dance. Some are in charge of y dances, while others shine in performing other girl group dances. Eliza, she’s one of the rare ones that can do it all and more.

In between watching Minnie dance, Eliza’s eyes trailed down to the cell phone in her hands unlocking it to check messages. She had a faint smile on her lips before sliding it into her pocket and then quickly averting her eyes back on Minnie.

 

“Sending secret messages to Junho again?” Minnie asked with a grin. She wiggled her eyebrows at the girl and wiped the sweat trickling down her face with the sleeves of her shirt.

“Let’s just focus on the ending part because I’m pretty sure you missed 2 counts and then just sped through the rest,” Eliza said with a grin.

“I’m sure it’ll come out fine. When have I ever messed up in choreography when it really counts?” Minnie said walking over to her duffle bag and taking a swig from her water canteen.

“Someone’s a little cocky aren’t they? Don’t come to me when you make the wrong step and end up falling off stage,” Eliza replied.

“Rude! Knock on wood,” Minnie said before squatting down and knocking a few times on the wood floorings.

“Are you going to dye your hair before, because you look like a mix between a banshee and Lucius Malfoy with your hair like that,” Eliza pointed out.

“Unnie!”

“What?! I just want you to look pretty when you debut. Have your stylist dye your hair black again,” Eliza suggested.

“Unnie, do you not know swag?” Minnie asked in her broken English to humor Eliza.

“Minnie-ah,” Eliza said walking up to the girl and placing her hands on both sides of her face.

“I am swag,” she finished in a perfect English accent and Minnie let out a chuckle.

“You should get your eyebrows done too. It could use a little threading,”

“Unnie!” Minnie whined.

“Love you though my beautiful Minnie Mouse” Eliza said in a cute voice and lightly pinching Minnie's cheeks after noticing that she was slightly getting irritated with her blunt statements.

 

The girls went back to practicing for a while. Eliza showed Minnie a couple of subtle moves that will make her stand out from the back up dancers, and to just flare up the choreography like hair flips and body rolls. She also showed her when would be good times to send winks and do cute fanservices. Despite not yet debuting, Eliza has trained for about 10 years so she knows almost all there is to know about audience interactions and how take choreography to the next level. When she was a JYP trainee, they taught her a lot about stage presence and how to make every performance different and unique without actually changing choreography. It also helped that she was able to closely watch top tier group 2PM when they performed, so she had a good idea of how to make a performance successful.

 

 

“So are still chasing after that kid?” Eliza asked curiously as the girls started packing up their stuff.

“He’s not that young unnie,” Minnie responded while she wiped the sweat that drenched her neck with a dry towel from her duffle bag. 

“Is he even 18?’ Eliza asked.

“He just turned 21 actually!” Minnie said as she zipped up her bag and slung it over her shoulder.

“Oh yeah, he just acts like an 18 year old. You know guys who are older and even your age are more likely to be mature and they’ll take better care of you. Technically, anyone born after 1993 is still considered a kid in this generation,” Eliza responded.

“Thanks mom I’ll take that into consideration,” Minnie said walking out first leaving Eliza behind.

“Aww Minnie-ah, you’re not mad at me right?” Eliza said running to catch up with her friend.

“No, why would I be mad?” Minnie responded not even looking Eliza in the eye. Eliza’s face softened and she suddenly jumped in front of Minnie and put both her hands in light fists and next to her own cheeks.

“Buing! Buing! Sorry Minnie-ah. Eun Young Unnie loves you!” Eliza said as she moved her fists up and down and then made a heart above her head with her arms. Minnie’s lips curved up and seeing how cute her friend looked, she could never stay mad.

“It’s still early, how about unnie buys you Taro Bread, and then you can tell me about your progress with T,” Eliza suggested swinging her arm over Minnie's shoulder.

“It’s V,” Minnie corrected.

“I don’t get it, isn’t his name TaeHyung? Where did V come from?” Eliza asked leaving Minnie to burst out in laughter.

 

The two girls took the bus to the center of Seoul. It was 9pm and usually stores would be closed, but since it was the weekend, stores opened later for those who enjoyed Seoul nightlife. Eliza bought two taro buns and a cheese roll, one that she took a large bite out of. Eliza wrapped her arms around Minnie and clung to her. She sent out large puffs of breath on her friend’s face which made Minnie gag from the stench of cheese.

 

“OMG! I think I’m going to throw up,” Minnie exclaimed watching Eliza cackle.

“I don’t know how you hate cheese,” Eliza chuckled popping another piece of the cheese roll into . Minnie covered her nose and took a step back.

“You’re the one that doesn’t like cucumber. It’s one of the few veggies kids even like,” Minnie said unwrapping the plastic casing on the taro bun she took from Eliza.

“EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!” Eliza suddenly squeaked.

“What?!” Minnie shouted in alert.

“I’m on the screen! That’s me!” Eliza exclaimed pulling her friend out of the pastry shop and outside to see a huge billboard screen playing Eliza’s, Hoya’s and Dongwoo’s dance video. Immediately after the video ended, they heard a snippet of the smooth vocals of A1’s main vocalist singing “Stand Up For Love”. The two watched in amazement as the words A1: Coming Soon appeared on the screen.

“It’s really happening right?” Eliza asked softly after a few seconds of silence.

“You’re debuting,” Minnie nodded and replied with a smile. Minnie pulled the girl in near tears into her arms and held her for a few seconds. They were both finally going to debut, maybe not together, but it was going to happening, and after 10 years, no one deserved it more than Eliza.

“EEEEEEKKK!” Eliza squeaked once more.

“What?!” Minnie asked watching her friend walk quickly away in the opposite direction. Minnie turned her head and saw a kid that had to be about 12 years old holding a bouquet of balloons. She shook her head looking at Eliza’s back and chuckled before running to catch up to the globophobic. 

 

 

 
author note

I know that this chapter doesn’t have much about A1 but I also wanted to introduce my character a little so I thought I would introduce her along with Eliza since they are actually close friends!! Thanks for adding my character in your app BTW, it gave you like a 1000 brownie points. Shooo sweet! KAMSAMNIDA. Although this is mainly about A1, I do see it still as a fanfic so I want to include chapters on their personal life as well, like how they bond and interact not just as a group and when they are performing or doing variety shows, but also when they hang out outside of A1 and go on dates, etc. Let me know if this is okay, or if you just want to focus on A1 and have a little personal life stuff added to the side. =).

 

Congratulations Elizafaziri, also known as Liza! I hope how I wrote Eliza out to be fit your vision of her. (crossing my fingers that I didn’t totally butcher her LOL) Her other personalities will shine throughout the story and with her other members!