The Man

Loveless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Weekends were the worst. Or the best, if she has plans for the day. Unfortunately for her on this particular Saturday her schedule was completely clear.

 

How depressing.

 

He always woke earlier than her, whether on work days or rest days. If given the time Eunji could laze around in bed for hours until late afternoon. It was a good way to avoid each other, but alas, last night she had went to bed early, and now she was wide awake and counting the cracks on her bedroom ceiling. Her body was restless, full of energy and it kept urging her to get out of bed and do something... but her mind knew better. She knew he was out there. She could hear him moving about.

 

Her pride kept her in her bed. At least for another half-hour or so. Eunji wasted time on her phone, lesuirely check her messages, her e-mails, any new twitter or instagram posts from her friends and even watched a few videos from last night's Music Bank—until it was nearing ten a.m, and her stomach was growling at her to feed it.

 

She sighed, knowing that she would have to face him sooner or later so might as well get it over with.

 

Eunji doesn't make her bed in the morning. While she dutifully ran the chores at home, she was still sloppy and usually put off cleaning up her own messes. This exasperates her husband to no end, although he doesn't show it.

 

In the bathroom, she splashed water on her face and brushed her teeth, before padding out quietly to the living room in fuzzy slippers and bedhead. The TV was playing on mute, though there was no one watching it.

 

Sunggyu liked having it on every weekend morning, since those were the only times where he could actually used the TV that he bought. Although he hardly watches it; preferring instead to do work on his laptop while absent-mindedly eating breakfast.

 

Eunji mumbles a good morning and walks by him to the kitchen. She feels his eyes on her but as usual he doesn't say a word until she's already out the room. She hears his quiet greeting from the kitchen.

 

There was a takeout box on the counter from Dunkin' Donuts, and she tears through it without much thought. Inside was her usual favorite--sausage english muffin and a raspberry filled donut. She finds iced tea in the fridge and settles down to eat.

 

Eunji mulls it over in her head and figures that Sunggyu has either forgotten about her antics yesterday or that he must've gotten over it. The latter seems more likely, because he buys her usual Saturday morning breakfast without any strings attached. She begrudgingly decides to cook a decent lunch later as a peace offering.

 

As much as they disliked each other, both Eunji and Sunggyu could agree on one thing: the importance of being responsible and doing their duties. Sunggyu gives her an allowance because her job at the Academy was hardly bringing in much money; Eunji does grocery shopping every Thursdays and routinely irons his work clothes every Sunday night. Unless they get mad with each other, in which case Eunji would often neglect her chores just to piss him off, but she would always picked up where she left off afterwards.

 

Thinking about that matter, made Eunji realized that there was something that she needed to do later that day.

 

“I'm going out to meet some friends. I'll be back before lunch.”

 

She's dressed up casually in jeans and a t-shirt, so Sunggyu takes her word that she really wouldn't be gone long, and nods to give his consent. Not that she ever needed his permission to do anything... but 'going out to meet friends' usually meant staying up late and getting drunk; it's something that he doesn't approve of, because Eunji really does

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter