001

Forbidden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
001

///

19th April, Saturday, 5:45PM, Seoul.


"Hey llama." a girl with long jet black hair called.

"Hm?" the short haired tomboy replied while her eyes' focused on the book she was reading.

"I want to tell you something." 

"What is it, Krystal?" Amber asked, eyes still not leaving the book.

"I'm going out with Kai." she said.

"W-What?" the older girl widened her eyes and asked, not believing what the younger girl has said.

"I'm dating Kai." she repeated.


Amber's POV


"I'm dating Kai." she repeated the sentence. 


Out of all the people, Kai? Kim Jongin? 


Kai's my opponent in the basketball court. He's the captain of the other team. Which is not in a good term with our team. He's not that kind of guy that has the jerky- attitude but I still can see the way he look at me in the eyes, he's insulting my gender.

I can't blame him for that though. Not everyone can accept tomboys like me. When I mean everyone I meant by the guys. Cause' girls love me, haha. That's why the guys envy me and try to find reasons to insult and mock me. But, who cares? 

Alright, back to the topic. My best friend a.k.a long time crush, is dating the person that I hate, Kim Jongin? Well, that's not a good news or a bad news either. At the same time, my best friend finally found someone she likes after moving on from her ex but the guy she's currently with is my enemy? 

I don't know how and what to react. So I just tried to act normal and said, "O-Okay, good for you then. C-Congrats.." 

"That's all?" 

"What more do you want me to say?" I asked and continued focusing on my book. I looked like I was reading the book but in reality my mind is occupied by thoughts. Thoughts of her and Kai.

"Do you approve our relationship?" she asked while looking into my eyes. 

"Why n-not? As long as you're happy." I said and she hugged me. I just forced a smile.

My heart's beating as fast as the speed of a sport car. Damn, is this how people feel when they're in love?


Okay, I admit. Amber Josephine Liu has fallen in love with her best friend, Krystal Jung Soojung.

I started to like her since five years ago. At first, it was just a crush. I don't know since when and how, I started to feel butterflies in my stomach and my heart's starting to act weird. Maybe, just maybe, I'm really in love with her.

Thank God, she has no clue about it. I mean, of course I want her to know what I felt but at the same time, I'm afraid. I'm afraid of how she will react by the time she knows. I just don't want to affect our six years friendship.


"Amber?" I woke up from my thoughts when I heard her voice.

"Y-Yeah?" 

"Are you listening to me?" she asked while glaring at me. Stupidly, I shook my head even though I know I would earn a smack on my head, which I really did.

"I said, I'll be going out on a date with Kai later. So, I might not be home for dinner." 

"Oh, okay then. Have fun on your date." I was disappointed. We always have dinner together no matter how busy we are, we will find the time. 

Wait, did I mention Krystal is living with me? No? Okay let me explain.

This is actually my house that my parents bought for me. I lived here since eight years ago, before I met Krystal. My older sister Jackie, took care of me for a few years. Unfortunately, she had to move because of her university location. But I was old enough that time so I can take care of myself.

When I met Krystal, she was kicked out by the apartment owner because she don't have the money to pay for her rent. I approached her and comforted her. Damn, even though she's crying she still gave me her icy glares and told me to stay away. But after I gain her trust, she ended up crying on my shoulder. She told me that she has an older sister but she don't want to burden her, that's why she didn't tell her sister about the troubles she went through.   I offered her to stay with me but she denied the offer. I thought she's scared because I'm a stranger but she told me she don't want to give me troubles. I assured her that she could live with me until she found a new place and that if I try anything on her she could hit and kick me, whatever she wants. Fortunately, she studies in the same school as me. 

That's how we ended up becoming best friends. I'm always there for her. And she's always there for her. 


Krystal's POV


I'm Krystal Jung Soojung. I'm from San Francisco and I moved to Seoul for my studies. I have an older sister but we lived seperately. She lives with her friends and I lives with Amber.

How I ended up living with Amber? Gosh, that was a long story.

I used to live in a rented apartment last time. At one moment, I don't have enough savings to pay for the rent. The cruel owner kicked me out. With my luggages and bags, I sat on the bench in the park while crying. Then, there was this guy who came and comforted me. He's a stranger and I barely know him so I gave him my glares and told him to stay away. He tried every possible way to gain my trust, once I know that he's sincere, I cried on his shoulder. He comforted me. By the way he's comforting me, I know he's a nice guy. So we talked and I told him about everything. And I happen to know that 'he', was actually a she. 

She offered me to stay in her place. But I turned down her offer because I don't want to burden her and give her troubles. She told me that I could l
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter