002

Away

On the other side…

Changmin was strolling around Tokyo City.

He stopped at a café where Hyejung had brought him over before.

“Ohayo gozaimas. Welcome to Dreamer Café”, a young waiter bowed to Changmin as he came into the café.

Changmin smiled when he saw a familiar face greeted him

“Hyejung brother?” the waiter seems to recognize him.

Changmin chuckled “Long time no see Yamada”.

 

Yamada was Hyejung’s best friend since both of them in diapers.

Yamada was like Hyejung’s appa and brother. He always be there for Hyejung and Hyejung also always there for him.

“How are you Yamada?” Changmin sat at the corner of the café. It was Hyejung’s favorite place.

 

Why Changmin looked like he knew a lot about Hyejung and seems to be close more than her other brothers?

It was when Changmin became a transferred student of his school, he was sent to one of the best school in Tokyo.

It was Hyejung’s and Yamada’s school, so Changmin took a decision to stay with Hyejung and Grandma at grandma’s house.

That was the first time both of them met each other.

 

Hyejung was only 14 years old when Changmin started to come and stay with them.

At first, their relationship was totally awkward but after some times, both of them started to warm up to each other.

He saw that Hyejung was totally different from Hyejin.

She was an independent girl and also easy going girl. It was the reason why he quickly been close to her.

Hyejung always bought Changmin to a lot of place and told him about her life in Japan in change he had to tell about the others.

She was totally excited and can’t hide excitement when Changmin promised her to bring her to Korea to meet the others.

 

“I’m fine” Yamada put a coffee on the table and sat in front of him.

“So how is Hyejung?”

“She seems to be busy until she doesn’t bother to call me again” Yamada pouted.

Changmin chuckled “She is okay”

“She is quite famous there and have a lot of fans in the school.”

Changmin smiled when he remembered how Hyejung struggled brought back a lot of chocolates and flowers and letters on Valentine’s day and White Day.

 

Yamada nodded and smiled “ I hope she is really in a good condition right now”

Changmin looked at Yamada who suddenly become gloomy.

Yamada felt liked someone was staring at him and he looked up.

“Changmin, did Hyejung went to her check up during her stay in korea.” Yamada felt like something went wrong so he asked Changmin.

Changmin coughed his drink when Yamada asked him ”what’s check up?” he asked Yamada.

Yamada smirked ‘Bingo’

Yamada shook his head as he glared at Changmin who was only in front of him

“No wonder everytime I’ve ask her about her daily check up, she always turn to another topic”
“At first I was wondering why she acted like that, but now I know”

Changmin still did not get what Yamada was talking.

Yamada looked at him and sighed ‘There only one way to settle it’

He looked at his phone’s wallpaper, there was Hyejung’s picture on it ‘I’m sorry Hyejung. If after this you want to kill me, I will not stop you but for now as a friend I think I should help you to settle this matter. I know you didn’t tell them about this right?’

 

Yamada looked back at Changmin who was staring at him

“Listen carefully Hyejung’s brother…..”

 

Hyejung was having her usual practice in the school that evening.

Everything going smooth until she suddenly started to cough until blood started to come out from .

Her friends worried about her so they asked her to go back early so she could rest.

Yamada who also with her during the practice came back with her as he also worried if something happened if he didn’t follow her.

But on their way home, Hyejung fainted and Yamada quickly brought her to the hospital.

Luckily, his dad was on duty so he could just asked his father to help Hyejung.

After having a few check up and some tests, Yamada’s dad asked him to call her guardians.

He called Hyejung’s grandma and told her that her granddaughter was admitted in the hospital.

 

While waiting for grandma’s arrival, Yamada went to Hyejung’s room.

He saw a lot of wires were on her lifeless body.

He regretted not to find out in sooner.

If he managed to find it sooner maybe his best friend won’t be on the bed like that.

He always said that she was tiring herself until her heart was in pain.

Now he knew the truth.

Why she always said that her chest was hurt when she breathe.

If only he asked her to go to do some check up, maybe everything will turn out good but it was too late now.

“I’m sorry”

“I can’t do anything”

“She already near the critical stage”

“No medicine, no treatment can be make”

Hyejung was diagnosed liver cancer stage three and critically will enter the last stage.

She doesn’t have much more time. Yamada closed her eyes and slept while holding his best friend’s cold hand.

 

Yamada wiped away his tears and he looked at Changmin who was still in front of him.

Chamngmin stared blankly at the cup as he tried to understand all the information.

Tears started to gather at his eyelid but he held it.

 

Hyejung accepted the sickness openly.

She still making joke with Yamada and her other friends, enjoying her life but after her grandma died she started to change.

Hyejung started to felt lonely as her only family who supported her and with her since young already died.

Since that day, her smiled started to fade. She started to keep herself away from everybody.

It’s took Yamada a lot of time to bring her old back.

After she’s okay, she told Yamada that she wanted to find her family in Korea.

 

“That was the last day I saw her in aiport” Yamada looked at the window.

“I asked her, why she wanted to go to Korea?”

“She just answered..”

“I want to experience the love from my own family”

“Love from my brothers and my twin”

“Goodbye Yamada” Hyejung smiled and hugged her best friend for the last time.

“Thank You for everything you did to me”.

Yamada knew, it will be the time he saw her best friend.  

 


Update!

I will try finish my story soon.

Don't forget to subcribes and comment too.....