Chapter 1

It's I, Your Hero In A Highschool Uniform!


Chapter 1


"Yah! Min Hee!" shouted Lee Ay Young, my best friend, as she ran towards me waving her hands frantically. She continued to shout loudly while I waved my hands frantically trying to get her to stop. Ay Young wouldn't stop shouting as I tried to hide from the wondering eyes of people.

 


She reached the spot in which I stood and beamed at her with a great big smile. I swatted her hands hissing for her to shut up while trying to shield my face from the people that stared at us weirdly. Ay Young was one of those out-going sort of people, she LOVES attention. I'm exactly the opposite, I'm a nerd that HATES attention.


Ay Young's my ONLY friend, since other girls my age found me TOO slow and random for their liking. But even if they begged me to be their friend I wouldn't want to be their friend, since they're so snotty, cruel, and gossipy. "What is it, Ay Young?" I asked tiredly suppressing a yawn.


I didn't get much sleep last night because Ay Young kept calling me to ask on what she should wear to the date she had with Lee Hyun Joo, Ay Young's LOVING boyfriend. To my eyes', Hyun Joo seems like a scary gangster with really dark eyeliner whose psychopathic, which totally confuses me on why Ay Young would date the guy. Hyun Joo was a total bully in these past few years Ay Young and I were in school with him. Since he was known for beating up little elementary students and stealing their lunch money so Ay Young and him can go on SPLENDID dates.


They had took me on one of their dates once, I thought I was luck and Ay Young was a true and loyal best friend. But it turned out, I had to pay for every single thing they ordered. That day Hyun Joo got caught by the principle when he was bullying some elementary kids so he didn't get any money to buy for the food. Of course, I was REALLY stupid back then, and didn't exactly know that I had to pay, if I had, I would of happily declined.


Let's just say that night I didn't get dinner and I wasted more than 100 bucks. I was the laughing stalk for the two of them for three months, imagine that. But never again will I accept their invitation to tag along. Back to the present and away from my pathetic stories. Ay Young remained silent her lips nervously, I continued to stare at her waiting for a human like response that didn‘t start with, “Um…”


"Min Hee ah, Hyun Joo and I are going out again next week, so can you PLEASE look after my little sister? She seriously LOVES you being her babysitter," she said begging me as I looked at my nails pretending that I didn't hear her.


"Min Hee! Please," she said giving me the puppy-dog-look. I frowned turning the other way, trying to pay attention to something else other than Ay Young. She stepped around me and I stared straight at her pouting look before waving my hands in defeat.


"Fine! Geez,“ I said, sighing dramatically. "Thank you! You know, I love you Min Hee," she said smiling sweetly at me. "You only love me when you want me to do something," I said pettily while looking at my nails again.


"Don't be jealous Min Hee, I just love Hyun Joo more than you, but I still love you non-the-less, you should just be glad I love you at all," she said grinning widely. "I'm NOT jealous, just angry that every time you go out with Hyun Joo I have to do something for you, I never get any benefits from it either," I said.


"I'll do your homework for a week than, how about that?" she asked as I frowned heavily. "You kidding me? Why would I want you to do my homework? You get lower grades than I do," I said looking at her with an expressionless face.


"Min Heeeee," she whined while hanging onto my arm tightly. "I already said fine, let go of my arm! You're cutting off my blood circulation," I said. She dropped my arm, grinning widely before hugging me in appreciation.


Someone tapped lightly on my back as I turned around to notice a woman that had blonde hair and blue eyes standing there, smiling nicely. She's Korean, I'm sure of it. But why would she want to dye her hair blonde? The contacts she wore made me feel funny looking at her in the eyes, so I avoided her eyes, and stared at her chin instead.


The woman was probably in her twenties or something, and she looked quite pretty, well, that's what I think. "Are you Lee Min Hee?" she asked while looking down at a piece of paper on a brown clip board in her hands. Wow, she knew my name, that's quite amazing!


"Yes, is there something wrong?” I asked politely towards her. "Will you be paying in cash or credit?" she asked tilting her head to the side with her blonde hair spilling down her back. "Eh? Cash or credit? What do you mean?" I asked scratching my head in confusion.


She reached behind me and pulled off a piece of paper from my back before handing it to me. I stared at the bright words that said, "Hi, I'm Lee Min Hee and I will be paying Lee Ay Young's debt." "Will it be cash or check?" she asked again probably annoyed with my confused look.


"How much is the debt?" I asked cautiously. Did Ay Young buy another piece of lingerie without paying again? Ay Young usually does this, I mean the taping-papers-on-my-back-saying-I-will-be-paying-for-her-debt thing. She just forgets to pay and I pay for her, she says that's what friends are for.


If that's REALLY what friends are for, than I REALLY don‘t need her. "100 American dollars," she said as my mouth dropped open in shock. I don't even HAVE KOREAN money in my account, how can I be paying in American dollars?


Am I being set up on this show where random people get picked and joked around with? I looked around for hidden cameras, noticing none, I frowned. I turned to my side, about to yell at Ay Young, but noticed that she was no where in sight.


"Is there a problem? Aren't you rich?" she asked pointing at a section on the piece of paper that Ay Young taped onto my back. It said, "I'm very rich, just name your price." "Yes, oh yes I am!" I said laughing like a maniac.


"Let me get my money from inside my backpack," I said laughing in a stiff manner. She nodded her head looking down at the clip board in her hands and flipped through some pieces of papers not paying any attention to me like she had minutes ago. I turned and ran for it while she yelled at me to get back, but didn't run after me since she was in a tight business skirt and high heels.


I finally stopped huffing for breath before hearing some sort of noise coming from in front of me. "Stop following me. Seeing your face only makes me feel tired. It's over," said a deep voice interrupting the peace in the hallway.


How can this person be so cruel to an innocent and fragile girl by saying things like that? I think when you dump someone it should be like this, "I like you and all, it's just that I can't be with you anymore, my grandmother, she prohibits me from seeing you." The guy should make some dumb excuse like that, the girl would understand since she's stupid and all, because she goes out with THIS type of guy! Guys are such jerks when it comes to dumping girls, they never give you a reason(At least that’s what happened in dramas’).


Never in my life, since I've been born to now, have I had a boyfriend, so on Fridays', I sit and watch romantic dramas' all day >_<. THAT‘S how pathetic I am. "Eun Byul oppa! WHY? I loved you so much, we've been going out for more than 2 days! You can't dump me!" another voice screamed, I'm thinking it's the girl's voice. She's just so masculine, I couldn't tell there for a moment.


There goes the theory of her being innocent and fragile. "WE haven't been going ANYWHERE with each other! You FORCED me into dating you! I just dumped you! So stop following me! What the **** are you doing? Let go! ****ing *****," said the guy before his voice became muffled. What's going on? Becoming curious, I stepped closer towards the direction I think the voices once came from.


I turned the corner and noticed a dark figure being wrestled to the ground by another dark figure. What's going on here? Is the girl taking revenge by and killing that guy? OMG! She's going to then murder him! Should I leave? What if someone jumps to conclusions thinking I and killed the guy, like those people in the dramas?


I turned around but then turned back towards the two voices, thinking. But, maybe I should help the guy out, even IF he was a jerk that played girls. My hands became damp as I decided whether to help the guy or not. I remembered people saying that saving a life is better than building 7 buildings or something like that. The guy should of known better than to dump girls' like her this way, the sweet way would of saved him from this.

 


I sighed to myself before turning towards their direction. I can’t stop myself from helping the jerk out, I’m seriously a BIG idiot.


"Mr. Lee(The school principles' name), I think I hear something coming from that direction," I said stamping on the ground to create an echo. "I think I heard something too, since I'm the principle we better go check this out," I said deepening my voice and stamping my feet twice as loud, just to show the authority the principal had(Or SOMETHING along that line >_<).


I heard the sound of someone's feet shuffling nervously and grinned in triumph. Moments later the girl ran out of that hallway. Soon she was out of my view and I sniggered to myself silently watching her figure fade. I seriously enjoy faking as the principal, since I never had the chance to before.


Job well done Kim Min Hee, you should be given an award for saving that jerk. Smiling to myself I walked away from the corner of the hallway praising myself on the way. Turning my head, I looked behind me to see if the jerk was going to come out or not. Standing there for at least five minutes like an idiot I made my way back to the scene of the would-be crime that I saved. Was I too late and the manly girl had already killed him?


I walked nervously closer while wiping my hands onto my high school uniform because of the sweat that seemed to be making my hands wet with water. I looked down onto the floor staring at the guys chest and noticed that he was still breathing since his chest with up and down with each breath he took. "Um, are you OK?" I asked the guy on the floor while kicking him in the side. "Yah? Are you unconscious?" I asked again still kicking the guy on his side, getting no response I kicked harder(Yes, Min Hee is a VERY violent person T_T).


If he was unconscious why would he say that he's unconscious? Unconscious people don't talk, do they? I sat down in a frog like position and looked at him, well examining him was more like it. He had black messy hair, a nice jaw line, a tall nose, and delicious looking lips.


OMO, he even has CLEAR skin! Guys’ aren't supposed to have clear skin! I wonder what kind of skin product does he use? One thing I noticed was, the girl a moment ago had KNOCKED HIM OUT!


I'm also positive that she tried to him, but only got his shirt off before I interrupted. I scratching my head tiredly while trying of a way to dispose of this guys body. What am I supposed to do now? Maybe I should continue where that girl left off, I’m so erted >_<. I knew I shouldn't of read Goong(Palace) . DARN YOU SHIN!


Me(Chae Gyung)+unconscious guy(Shin)= unconscious guys back! Goong has seriously let out my erted side! If I bring the unconscious guy to the nurses office, I bet she'd think that I him, or she'd probably try to him herself. Nurses these days scare the crap out of me.


But,, if I leave him in this hallway someone is bound to find him! Well, bye Mr. Unconscious! I gave him a little wave before standing up. A hand crept out, grabbing a hold of my wrist, causing me to loose balance and fall onto the unconscious guys body.


Was the unconscious guy awake all this time? I fell onto the guy in slow motion and managed to give out an, “Eep,“. The guys eyes nearly popped out of his head as my weight landed on him, his eyes rolled back into it’s socket and his eyelids closed heavily. He's not dead, is he? Omo, did I kill him with my weight?


BRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGG.... My head snapped up momentarily when I heard the loud ringing of the first bell.


Holy crap, people are starting to come, shoot! I heard many footsteps coming in this direction and panicked. My unconsciously told me to act unconscious while my brain told me to run for my life. The footsteps came closer and I froze, deciding between acting unconscious or running. But if I run they would manage to see some bit of me, and then the next day the front news would have my face all over it. Then detectives would be searching for me, then when they find me, they’ll sentence me to a whole lifetime of jail! I closed my eyes hoping the oncoming students would fall for my act of being unconscious.


"Hey there's a girl on top of a guy over there," someone said as more than one person came towards me. They were staring at me and the guy beneath me, shocked!


"It‘s not what you think it is! I.... I... fell on top of him and his....his... shirt FLEW OFF!" I said nervously trying to cover the unconscious guys chest, unsuccessfully may I add. They looked at me with the expression of disbelief. How dare they not belief the powerful and truthful Kim Min Hee? Aishi.


"Alright kids, get to class!" said a voice everyone recognized. Everyone started to scatter up and all the classroom doors closed. I sighed before looking up again and saw the principal staring in MY direction! I'm so going get in trouble, he probably thinks I the guy beneath me. This has been the MOST saddest day of my life.


"Go on with what you were doing, don‘t mind me!" the principal squealed as he waved and started to walk backwards. Thinking that the principal was gone I looked up there was the school principal, peering from the corner of this hallway where I had once stood. OMO! What kind of principal do we have at this school? Obviously a VERY weird and erted one.