Chapter 6

A LOVE STORY

Chapter 6

“What happened?” I asked again.

“Let’s not ruined the mood.  Come on, let’s go.” she told me

“No, I need an answer now. I’ve been waiting for almost 8 years now. You just disappeared. Why?” I told her. I can’t hold back my anger.

“No it’s been 7 years 8 months three days and “ She looked at her watch and smiled at me.” 3 hours.”

I was shocked.

“I’ve been counting.” She told me. “Believe it or not I’ve been counting too. Waiting for the right time where I can tell you everything.” She told me. Tears stream down her face. I hugged her. Comforted her. I told myself there must be a reason for these tears.

“It’s okay. I’ll wait for the right time.” I whispered.

After the party we got contact again with each other. We are dating again. We filled those times we’re not together. It’s been 7 months since we get back together. We decided to live together. We were at the bed. I hugged her from behind and she faced me to hug me back. Today’s the right time.

I looked at her sleeping face and asked her.

“Will you marry me?” I asked her. She smiled at me. I can tell that she’s still dreaming.

“I tug her gently and repeat my question. “Will you marry me? “I kissed her cheeks. She opened her eyes smiled at me then cry. She hugged me.

“So what’s your answer?’ I asked her.

“I’d love to.” I was so happy. “But I can’t.” she told me I look at her. Tears still streaming down her face.

“Why? What’s the matter? “I asked her. She sat down hugging her knees.

“I guess we need to part again.” She told me. Tears streaming down her eyes.

“Why?” I told her trying to comfort her.

“I really don’t know if I can stay with you for long. Like you wanted me too.” She told me.

“What do you mean?” I asked her.

“I’m sick.” She told me.

“Remember 8 years ago? Why I left? I went abroad to get treated. I was fine after the surgery but then after 4 years the cancer cells became active again. I started undergoing chemotherapy before we met but then I stopped. The doctor said I can’t live that long. And if ever I may be treated again there is a high chance that the cancer cells will be activated again. That time I really wanted to see you. I wanted to tell you everything I wanted to say.” She chuckled. Tears streaming down her face.

“I prayed that for one last time. I want to meet you again. And He granted my wish. We met.” She looked at me. I don’t know what to say.

I asked her to go to the doctor and we did. And just what she told me she really is sick. We cried the whole night. She fell asleep in my arms and I held her tight. I don’t want to lose her again.