Chapter 3

A LOVE STORY

Chapter 3

Flashback

“Hey, I heard you’ve been spending a lot of time together.” Jimin said. We were at the chicken parlor near our school.

“With whom?” I asked. The two just looked at me annoyed.

“With Mari.” Taehyung said.

“So you’re dating now?” Jimin said.

“No, we’re working on our project.” I just said to cut the conversation short.

“Oh, . We haven’t started yet. It’s due next month.” Taehyung exclaimed

After eating we part our ways and I go back to school to wait for Mari. She needed to stay at school because of band practice. I wonder if we’re dating. We act like we’re dating. Nah, we just need to finish the project that’s why I’m waiting for her. I am so preoccupied that I didn’t notice her.

“Did you wait long?” she asked me.

“No, not actually. We went to the chicken parlor before I came her.” I said. I saw relieved in her face.

“Good, I thought I let you waited for a long time.” She said then I just shake my head to tell its okay. Suddenly her friends in the band came up to us.

“Mari, introduce us to your boyfriend.” One of them said. None of us say anything. So I broke it.

“I’m not her boyfriend. We’re not dating.” I said. I saw a glint of disappointment in her eyes. Did I say the wrong thing?

“Oh, I thought your dating.” Her friend said.

“Jinah, our ride is here.” Her other friend said.

“We’ll see you around.” They bid us goodbye then. After they left neither of us were talking. We just sat there. The whole night was not so good. We work separately.

Tomorrow came, that day at school I was planning to talk to her during our break. But something I saw annoyed me. I saw her talking sweetly to another guy. I don’t want to say she’s flirting my mind can’t handle that word to describe it. She looked at me not bothering to smile or say hi. She just blankly looked at me.

“What did you get for lunch?” Taehyung said. So annoyed I gave him the sandwiches I bought for the two of us.

“Here.” I stormed out of the canteen.

“Thanks man. Wait. What is his problem?”

After classes, I saw her waiting at the shed. I came to her. Like yesterday no one talked. But the different thing about yesterday we were seem annoyed. We get off the bus. Halfway to their home, I try talking to her.

“Who is that guy?” I said

“What guy?” she said to me

“That guy at the canteen.”

“Namjoon, he’s my band mate.” She told me. I don’t know what to say next.

“Stop talking to him.” I told her. She looked at me.

“Why?” she told me. We stopped. I don’t know what to say next. I lower my head to think. I don’t want her to see me being puzzled. What good reason should I say?

“Just don’t talk to him.” Not finding an answer I just say that.

“No.” she said. “We’re not dating, you’re not even my boyfriend. Why would I follow you?” she added and walked to her house. I am so annoyed. I don’t know what to do. I stopped her by holding her hand and kiss her on the cheek. She was startled, so was I.

“Then let’s date.” I whispered to her. She look at me. I really want to know what she’s thinking. Then suddenly she smiled. Looking my hand holding hers, I let go. After I let go of her hand, she hold mine.

“Okay.” She said and we walked to her house. Holding each other’s hand.

Tomorrow came, I woke up early than I usually do. I did it so that we can go to school together. I prepare myself and get out.

“Good morning, it’s a surprise to see you awake this early.” My brother Jin said.

“I need to go somewhere before I go to school.” I replied and head out after finishing my breakfast.

“Be careful on your way.” My brother said.

“You too.”

I was at the front of their house. I can’t imagine I will be doing these kind of things to someone. After waiting for about 15 mins she finally came out. She saw me and smiled.

“Good morning.” She told me.

“Good morning too.”

“Uhmm. Let’s go?”

“Yeah” it’s a little awkward. I guess because everything is new to us but eventually we’ll get used to it soon.

End of flashback