Chapter 4

A LOVE STORY

Chapter 4

“Excuse me, I need to get some fresh air.” I told me two friend and I go to the balcony I saw earlier.

I took out my cigarette and smoke. Reminiscing the good ones. I wonder how we would been together.

Flashback

It’s the end of Christmas break. Time really flies fast so the news. Mari and I we’re still dating and enjoying each other’s company. We also passed our project, which is a successful one.

“Mari, uhmm, I need to go.” We were at the ice cream parlor near our school. After she heard it, she became gloomy.

“Oh, okay.” I felt guilty. I shouldn’t leave her here.

“Do you want to go with me?” I asked her, she light up for a second and became gloom again.

“I might bother you.” She told me. I held her hand and shake my head for assurance.

“No, you won’t be, you’ll be helpful actually.” I said and ask her to go.

We were walking to the daycare to fetch my niece Jiyoung. My brother Jin will be coming home late today so he texted me if I could fetch her.

“Where are we going?” Mari asked me.

“I want you to meet someone.” I told her.

“Oh, you are here.” Mrs. Park told us. She is the Jiyoung’s teacher.

“Hello, this is my girlfriend Mari.”

“Hello, it’s nice to meet you” Mari offer her hand and Mrs. Park shook it.

“She’s very pretty. Wait here. I’ll call Jiyoung for you.” She told us.

“Who is Jiyoung?” Mari asked me. I just smiled at her.

“Jiyoung, your uncle is here.” Mr. Park said. Jiyoung looked at Mrs. Park and eventually saw us standing she run up to me and hug me she then finally noticed Mari.

“Who is she?” Jiyoung said.

“She is Mari. My girlfriend.” I told her. Jiyoung hug Mari, startled by the sudden gesture of the child she eventually hugged Jiyoung back.

“Hello, Jiyoung it’s nice to meet you.” Mari said.

“It’s nice to meet you too.” After fetching her up, we went to a park near the daycare center. We play and play with her. It’s a good thing she found some friends to play with. We get the chance to take some rest.

“Jungkook, can I ask you something?” Mari told me.

“Sure.” I told her. She looked at me hesitating to ask.

“What is it?” I ask her again. Looking at me I gave her a slight nod.

“Where is her mom? I am sorry I asked. Is it too personal?” she asked me.

“No, it’s okay.” I told her. I paused for a minute and continued.

“she left after giving birth to Jiyoung. Jiyoung was just a month old back then. She told my brother that she will just go and get some things from her friend. Then she never come back.” After hearing the story she just looked at me.

“Don’t pity her. She have us. She have me and my brother.” I assured her.

“I never heard you talking about your mom.” She told me. I looked at her. Should I tell her? I don’t want her to pity me but she has the right to know. My friends know why can’t her.

“She left us. Just like Jiyoung’s mother did. I was 12 years old back then, my brother was 20 years old. After our father died, she just disappeared leaving me to my brother Jin.”

“I’m sorry.” She told me then she hold my hand.

“You know what you are like Cinderella.” She added. I looked at her.

“The princess?” I asked her

“Yeah, Cinderella lost her parents too.”

“I don’t have a step mother and two evil sisters.”

“The world outside you is your step mother and your two evil sisters.”

“Then who are you?” I told her.

“I am your fairy god mother.” She proudly told me.

“I thought you will claim yourself as the prince.” I told her.

“Later I will be, but fairy god mother was the one who make Cinderella’s happy ending. Without her magic she wouldn’t have gone to the ball, she wouldn’t have the chance to find true love”

“Happy endings don’t exist.” I told her.

“They do exist, I will prove it to you.” She told me

“How?”

“We’ll make one.” She looked at me and smiled. I was awed to what she said. I lost hope a long time ago. With the words she said I find the courage to gain again the hope I once lost.

End of flashback