Chapter 2

A LOVE STORY

Chapter 2

Flashback

“Hey, you haven’t talked yet?” Jimin exclaimed when I told him I still haven’t spoken to Mari until now.

“Yeah it’s been 5 months, the only people he talked to is everyone except her.” Taehyung replied for me.

“I’m not interested in her. I don’t like her. She kinda resemble my mom.”

“She is not your mom. Try to get to know her.” Jimin replied.

“She is kinda cool, you know. You’ll get along well.” Taehyung added

“Besides, she’s the only chance for you to get laid.” Jimin said. I punched him in the arm.

“You got the looks, but you don’t get the attitude for that matter.” Taehyung added.

End of flashback

“It took you five months to talk to her.” He said.

I chuckled. 5 months. I thought if that didn’t happen, I will never feel this now. I will never learned how to love.

Flashback

“Ok class, I want this project to be passed right after Christmas break.” My teacher in arts said.

“But Ma’am. We can’t do that.”

“It’s impossible ma’am.”

“Nothing’s ever stronger when you’re together. Teamwork kids. You can do it.” She said then go. Not letting my other classmates say another word. After a few minutes I stand up too. I left the room, to try having some time for myself. They’re too loud inside picking up a partner. Then suddenly I felt a hand in my arm trying to stop me.

“Uhmmm, do you have a partner?” She said, Kim Mari. I was startled. I don’t know what to say. She just looked at me. After a few seconds of being like that. She slowly put her head down, feeling down.

“I understand you already have do you?” she said then smiled at me. She let go of my arms and head back to the classroom. I felt bad.

“No, I don’t have one.” I said. It’s a wrong move I shouldn’t let myself be like this. I shouldn’t let myself be close to her. She looked back and a smile drew on her face a genuine one.

“Good, I’ll see you tomorrow after class?” she said. I didn’t replied back and just walk.

“I’ll be waiting at the waiting shed.”

Tomorrow came. I had to be absent, my sick niece don’t have someone to babysit her. My brother Jin needs to work in the morning. I don’t know how to contact Mari. Time passed that I’m thinking about her. It’s already 6 o’clock when I get to leave home. It’s been 1 hour since our class ended. I looked at the clock. I wonder if she’s still waiting.

Nah, she’s gone home.

“I thought you wouldn’t come.” She told me. Yeah, I found myself going to the waiting shed. I was surprised. I never thought she would wait for me.

“You’re still here.” I said. I’m surprised how she kept her word.

“Yeah, I told you I’ll be waiting.” She told me. Then her bus came. She’s already at the door when she looked back.

“Hey, are you coming?” she said while smiling.

We didn’t speak for the whole ride. I chose not to. The silence between us is not awkward. We just watch the lights and people pass by. I didn’t realize that we still need to get off the bus. My mind is completely blank.

“It’s our stop.” After getting off the bus, we walked to your house. So this is what it felt like. Walking with a girl. I can’t take my eyes off you. The moon’s light reflecting on your face.

“We’re here” she told me. After we say our greetings to her aunt. We went upstairs. I wonder where her mother is. I chose not to ask. I’d rather not meddle with others business.

“So what should we do first?” she said. Obviously talking to no one.

“Aaah, we should choose a theme first.” She said

“Why did you choose me to become your partner? We’re not close. We don’t even talk.” I said out of nowhere. I am really curious. Are you trying to play with me?

Because we’re not close. I want to be close.” She said. I really don’t know if I saw a blush on her face. I don’t know what to feel right now. I sat at the bed. I smiled.

“I am a boring person you know, my friends told me so.” I said then you look at me. You laughed. The sweetest one.

We just talked about random things the whole night.

End of flashback

“Taehyung” jimin called out our friend taehyung. Taehyung glanced at us and excused himself to the group he was talking to.

“I’ve been looking for you guys.” Taehyung said

“We’ve been here for just a couple of minute.” I replied

“I never thought you’d come back. It’s been 8 years I guess?”

Yeah it’s been 8 years.