Pension Idea

The Unknown Life {HIATUS}

Minho's suggestion took Jonghyun by complete surprise.

"WHAT?!" Jonghyun said, screaming at the top of his lung capacity - which, is quite high. 

Minho quietened Jonghyun down and explained.

"Hyung~! Don't you think that that's a good idea?! Manager hyung hasn't given you ANY schedule for the whole WEEK so that you can interact with her! But all of us have SOME sort of schedule. Onew hyung can't always be by her side after today so it's completely up to you to do your part! Get her comfortable with you and start treating her like a human rather than a pest." 

Jonghyun looked at Minho.

"I didn't know you had so much experience." That was supposed to be saracstic and he was supposed to blush but, being Minho, it was hard to get him to blush; let alone have him admit his past "experience".

"Aniyo. I'm just saying what I would've wanted to happen if I was her. This has nothing to do with my experience." Jonghyun sighed and shook his head. Minho sometimes was REALLY thick headed - to the point where Jonghyun wondered how he graduated high school!

"Arassoyo...but how would this work? There's no way I can make her come with me to a pension!" 

*

Onew looked at the laughing Selina that was on the bed with Taemin and Key messing around with her in her new room and new home. He couldn't help but smile at the scene before him and then he stopped short when he remembered that Selina wasn't his fiance but Jonghyun's - his best friend.

He shook his head and mentally slapped himself in digust at the thought even crossing his mind.

She's not yours to keep Lee Jinki! And even if it happened that she could be yours, she can't stay. She'll just end up getting hurt! Don't hurt her! Onew thought to himself and finally managed to convince himself but, just as quickly as he convinced himself, just as quickly his recolve disappeared in thin air. 

"Onew oppa! Protect me!" Selina squealed.

was saying that but it was so obvious that she was having fun.

When Onew finally wrestled his two dongsaeng's away from the new guest in the house, Minho and Jonghyun came in.

The room immediately took on an icy chill. Onew saw Selina sitting up straighter and look away from Jonghyun. Jonghyun just walked towards her, pulled her up roughly and was about to speak when Minho coughed - even a child could tell that it was fake!

Jonghyun realised what he was doing wrong and then let go of Selina.

"Sorry..." He said softly but then after that, he boldly asked.

"Selina, you want to come to a pension vacation with me? It's going to be short...and...and..." He didn't finish his sentence. Everyone could tell that he was nervous and shy - everyone except Selina who just thought of him as too straightforward.

Why do I like him again? Selina thought to herself. 

She still remembered when she was such a big fan of him and never wanted the image of him to change in her heart and in her mind but now? What was happening to his image now?

It was nothing. There was no image. 

Instead, now it's Onew who's sitting there, urging Selina to let him in. She just had to decided whether or not she should let him in or just let him stay out there so that she wouldn't be disappointed for a second time. 

"And what?" Selina questioned with a cocked eyebrow and without Jonghyun even getting enough time to answer, Onew answered for her.

"Selina, you should go. That would be some great bonding time with Jonghyun. And that's exactly what you need right now. The two of you are going to be together after the article comes out so you have to make sure that you look the part."

Selina began to protest.

"For me?" Selina sighed at Onew's suggestion and then turned to look at Jonghyun.

"Fine. I'll go. When are we leaving? How long are we staying?"

Jonghyun looked happy to burst - but Selina saw none of it. She was too busy fuming over the fact that Onew answered for her. She was going to downright reject him and show him what it feel like to be in her shoes but, obviously, that didn't work. 

He was so close into coming in. Now, he just got kicked out 20 kilometres. Selina thought to herself bitterly. 

*

Onew woke Jonghyun up. 

"Wha-what's the time?" Jonghyun said groggily to Onew. Onew smiled to him and said quietly to not wake up the others.

"You guys are leaving for the pension today remember? It's 4am. You told me to wake you up! Be happy that I'm sacrificing my precious sleep to wake you!" Jonghyun groaned but still got up.

"Hyung, don't joke around. The instant your head hits the bed, you fall asleep. And I'm not even exaggerating." Onew laughed quietly and slapped Jonghyun on his back playfully.

"Majayo." 

They heard a crash and both froze.

"Who's that?!" Jonghyun said, whispering frantically.

"I don't know! I don't think there's another person staying here-"

They forgot about Selina. Both their stances instantly went limp.

"Ah. Her." Jonghyun said not so enthusiastically and then went to get changed. Outside the bathroom, Onew said,

"Jonghyun-ah, do you think you can be a bit more nicer towards Selina? She's new to Korea after all and she doesn't know anyone here...she doesn't know the language. I can tell she's scared. Just...be nice okay?" Onew said ending his short lecture.

"Hyung," Jonghyun began in the bathroom but then he came out with his PJ's in hand.

"Arassoyo. I'll do my best. I don't want to be mean to her either but you know, sometimes you just end up acting that way and well...this is the time when I want to apologise to her and get to know her and stuff...that's why I asked." Onew smiled at what Jonghyun said.

"That's great. I'm glad your doing this then." They smiled at each other but was then broke apart when they heard,

"Are we going now or not?"