Steph

The Unknown Life {HIATUS}

The flight felt abnormally long for Selina. She was sitting in a First Class seat, next to Jonghyun and she had guessed that when she had bought her flight ticket, Jonghyun had especially requested for "Steph" to sit next to him but Selina wasn't Steph, and never could be. The first hour of the flight was dragging. Jonghyun and Selina remained silent for about an hour and when the light in front of them clicked off for the seat belt button Selina took off her seat belt. Jonghyun did the same and then he stood up, looking at Selina. Selina looked at him oddly and said,

"What?!" Jonghyun sighed impatiently and tapped his foot, waiting for her. Selina was getting more and more annoyed at Jonghyun. Selina had always thought that Jonghyun was nice and caring on the tv shows she had watched that had him star in but now that she knew him in reality, she realised that her idol wasn't the idol she thought she knew, the idol she thought she loved. 

"What?" Selina said a second time, really losing her patience. 

"Move your foot already! I need to go to the bathroom!" Selina's mouth formed an "O" shape and sat up, letting him past because although, sitting in a First Class seat, and there was lots of space between the seat and the seat in front, Selina was slouching in her seat, making her legs reach out all the way to the seat in front of her and nearly touching that seat even. Jonghyun walked pass her, smirking and eyeing her with distaste. When Jonghyun was down the hallway Selina looked at his back and stuck out her tongue. Suddenly, Selina, heard a familiar laugh behind her and when she looked up, she saw a caring smiling face looking down at her, amused. Selina loved the way Onew smiled, but she had also loved the way Jonghyun smiled too. Selina laughed with Onew. Onew walked past Selina and sat in Jonghyun's seat. Selina was about to protest but then, Onew, knowing what she was going to say, spoke before she could even whimper.

"Jonghyun and I swapped seats before we boarded the plane. He just went to my seat that's on the other side of the plane. Looks like you're stuck with me for the next few hours!" Onew chuckled and Selina chuckled with him, absentmindedly. Jonghyun didn't tell her anything; nothing. Selina couldn't believe that her favourite idol had such an attitude. Selina was boiling inside, and there was air-conditioning in the plane. Selina looked at Onew. His mouth was moving, talking to her, but Selina couldn't hear a word he was saying because she was thinking about something else. Selina stood up, earning herself a curious glance from the talkative Onew. 

"I'm sorry. I need to go to the bathroom." Without waiting for a reply she left her seat, leaving Onew staring at the space where Selina once stood. Selina walked towards the other side of the plane, past a servicing flight attendant and then she had an idea. She walked back towards that flight attendant and whispered into her ear. The flight attendant smiled and nodded. Selina and the flight attendant both hurried towards the bathroom. Soon, they both came out, both of them dressed in clothes that they had never worn before. Now, Selina was a flight attendant. Selina had never been a flight attendant before and so the original flight attendant, now dressed as Selina taught her some simple rules to be a goof flight attendant. Once Selina had learnt all the basic rules she set out to do what she wanted to do originally. She walked down from the aisle, all the way towards Jonghyun without making one single mistake until she reached Jonghyun that is.

"Hello sir. Is there anything that you would like to drink?" Jonghyun looked up from his iPod Touch and replied,

"Can I please have a whole bottle of coke?" Selina smiled slightly to herself.

"I'm sorry sir. We've run out of coke." Jonghyun's eyebrows knitted itself together and Selina could see what he was thinking,

[what kind of a flight company doesn't have coke?] Now, Selina was fighting back a laugh and she didn't know how long she could contain it for. 

"In that case, can I please get a bottle of water?" 

"Would you like a cup?" Jonghyun thought to himself and Selina prayed that he would say yes otherwise that would not be part of the plan. Soon though, Selina stopped praying because Jonghyun had given her the answer that she was praying for.

"Yes please." Selina bent down to look for a bottle of water when Jonghyun began to talk. 

"You know, you look awfully like a person I had just met today." Selina froze, her hand holding the bottle of the water. She stood up awkwardly, determined not to let her facade fall so easily. 

"Oh?" Selina put a plastic cup onto Jonghyun's already out table and began to pour it for him when she "accidentally"poured it onto his pants. Jonghyun shot up, quickly wiping away the water on his black skinny jeans. The people around him was snickering. Jonghyun gave Selina a death glare and on cue, the flight attendant came and said that she needed some help and so, Selina left, casting a fake apologetic smile to Jonghyun. When Selina and the flight attendant was out of ear shot of Jonghyun, both of then collapsed, laughing so hard that they were clutching their stomaches. When their laughing had subsided a little, both of them went back into the bathroom and swapped clothes a second him. When they were both out, Selina thanked her.

"Thanks for the help." The girl shook her head and replied with a smile.

"It was fun." Selina smiled and said,

"My name is Selina. What's your's?" The flight attendant smiled and said,

"I'm Steph. Nice to meet you Selina."