chapter seven

Inspiration
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After riding two freaking horrifying rides (at least for Seulgi it's horrifying) it's already late in the evening. They took a long time because the queue is freaking long. 

"Oppa, please? Just one moreeee?!" Yeri pleads her brother with puppy eyes. Seulgi looks at Yeri in disbelief because they already rode three die-able rides in this cold weather and Yeri still wants more. It's unbelievable how this young and petite girl could be so good at rides. Jongin argues with his younger sister on how they agreed to ride only two rides and blah blah, Seulgi doesn't care but she just hopes Jongin would win the argument because her body can't contain another scary ride.

Seulgi's face looks pale and her lips is no longer pink. She excuses herself to the bathroom to put lipsticks on.

On the way to the bathroom, she was walking carelessly with hands in her pocket. 

Suddenly, she bumps into a man. She doesn't even look at his face and just says sorry and walks away. Because it's too cold to stretch her neck to look up. But she could sense the man that she bumped into staring at her weirdly. 

Oh, I'm sorry but not really sorry, Seulgi could feel the guy judging her for being a mannerless woman but she couldn't care less. She rushes into the lady's toilet. 

 

---

 

"Seulgi-ah, sorry but one more ride?" Jongin says with his eyes looking guilty because he knows his best friend is already tired but damn, he just cant win if it's Kim Yerim. Although Seulgi just returned from fixing her pale face, she still looks pale, or even more pale after hearing Jongin's words. And even worse, her nose turns red from the cold wind blowing. But she's still cute so it's not bad? Jongin always finds it cute whenever Seulgi's face turns red. 

"Yeri-ah, are you serious? Another rideee? Cant you just go with Jongin? I'll wait here," Seulgi tries bargaining with Yeri. Even though Jongin is worried that she would feel lonely waiting alone but he thinks thats better than having her faint after another ride. Jongin wants to accompany her but sibling's first and Yeri's younger so he has to watch Yeri.  

"Why?" Yeri pouts. "I'm scared..." Seulgi replies.

"Yeah Yeri-ah, let's just ride the two of us," Jongin looks at Seulgi with a reassuring smile. Yeri pauses a while before continuing, "Mm okay, we'll go first, unni. Wait for us here," she walks away to their next ride. Seulgi taps Jongin's shoulder almost giving him a hug before she thumbs up to him, mouthing a thank you with her lips. 

Seulgi watches them as they walk away. Feeling happy, of course. She gets 30 minutes or more all to herself and she doesn't have to go through another one hell of a ride.

 

 

 

Seulgi puts on her beanie properly and walks ahead without a specific destination in mind. Her nose is still reddish because of the cold weather. She's thinking of having a coffee. 

Ah right, I dont drink coffee. Silly me, Seulgi's sudden realization made herself snort. She doesn't drink coffee because of no reason. Seulgi herself doesn't even know why she hates coffee. Maybe it's the aroma. Or maybe it's because coffee reminds her of her father. Her father had always asked her to wake up early and make coffee for him when her mother can make it for him. And when the coffee isn't tasty he would throw tantrums and screams just because of the coffee. Her father's temper is no joke. Maybe that's where she got it from.

Her parents treated her like a slave and she despised it. 

 

 

She walks into a cafe to have some hot chocolate. 

After ordering a hot chocolate, she chooses to sit at the nearest table. The cafe is quiet, not to mention how there's only a few people in the cafe despite how long the queue for rides are. It's weird but Seulgi doesn't mind because quiet is good. 

Seulgi scrolls her instagram timeline while sipping her drink. She would take a few pics of her drink trying to be as tumblr-ish as possible but still fail everytime so she decided to stop. 

"Hey, aren't you...Kang Seulgi?" she looks up and sees a figure of a man. 

 

---

 

"What do you want, Kim Hanbin?" Wendy looks annoyed as she takes away her soju from the guy who's distracting her in the snack stall. 

"Nothing, just bothering my ex," Hanbin smirks at Wendy. "Ugh, it's been months since we last talked and now youre bothering me. Get lost," Wendy pours her soju into the tiny glass. "Uu, fierce. That's what I like about you," Hanbin gives Wendy another smirk.

"You gotta be kidding me. We're not even on good terms for you to be sitting in front of me like this?" Wendy raises her eyebrows with her face looking obviously irritated by the presence of her ex. But at the same time, she feels relieved because she has someone to lash out her anger. 

"Come on, I know you need someone right now." Hanbin smiles at her. Ugh why is he still so hot no wendy u cant be feeling like this, Wendy shakes her head expelling her thoughts out of her head and then sighs. "Ahjumma, can I have another glass please," Hanbin orders the ahjumma there. "Sure, student!" the ahjumma replies as she brings another tiny glass for him. 

Hanbin frowns at Wendy. 

"What?" Wendy asks. "You have to pour some soju for me. It's called manners?" "Oh gosh Kim Hanbin is talking about manners, can't believe this," Wendy pushes the soju bottle towards him. "Pour it yourself, annoying ." 

 

"Tell me Wendy. Why are you drinking alcohol? It's dinner time for god's sake." Hanbin asks as he takes a sip of soju before making the typical oh-my-god-so-bitter face. "Lol for 's sake why the hell are you here? Can you just go away and never go near me again?" Wendy curses. She rarely curses but for now its exceptional because first, she's almost drunk after drinking two bottle of soju and second, her ex is suddenly sitting in front of her acting like nothing happened between them, who wouldn't curse though.

 "Wow wow someone is mad, who taught you to curse milady?" Hanbin teases her. "You already know the answer yet youre still asking me. It's you. Who else? Nobody as badass as you are has ever entered my life. Probably that's why we lasted just for a few months." Wendy rolls her eyes.

"Chill, Wendy. Past is past. Let's talk about the present." He pauses before continuing, "How about you and I, we become friends?"

"What kind of bull is that." Wendy rolls her eyes in disbelief. How can I be your friend if I'm in love with you, Wendy thought. "No no I'm serious. I can be someone who hears your problem, I can be someone you can reach to if youre in trouble." Hanbin tells Wendy almost looking like he's sincere. Or maybe he is, Wendy just can't figure it out.

"Go find someone else who wants to do that with you because I dont want to." Wendy pours another glass of soju.

"You're being irrelevant Wendy."

"Is this called being irrelevant? You're my ex and you're telling me to be friends with you. Now tell me, who's irrelevant?" Wendy frowns at him. "Oh come on, it's freaking 2015. Dont be such a lame . Nowadays befriending your ex is a trend." "Yeah you can follow the trend with your other exes, not me." I cant believe this guy is so clueless. Why else would I dislike to be your friend? 

"Okay fine. Just let me accompany you for tonight, Wens-"

"Dont call me Wens? You have no right to call me that. Just go away, Kim Hanbin," Wendy widen her eyes as she hears the word Wens. That's a special nickname you . Not just anyone, especially you, can call me that, Wendy thinks as she finishes her soju then stands up to go out of the stall.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter