chapter six

Inspiration
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yaaas, it's finally weekend. Weekend means no class. Weekend means amusement park, exciting thoughts lingering around her head right after she wakes up. She checks her black iPhone 5s and it's freaking 9 a.m. Kang Seulgi freaking woke up at 9 o'clock during weekend. Even Seulgi is surprised at herself because waking up early on weekends is never in her dictionary. Maybe she's just too excited with the thoughts of going to an amusement park.

While everyone is going crazy over the new release of 6 and 6s from Apple, she's still sticking to her 5s. Reason? No money. Yeah if she was born rich and her parents were rich and spoiled her with money she would've bought the new one right after it's released. Sometimes she wish she was. So that she wouldn't have to worry about her future. She has been using iphone 4 when she first entered Seoul University until last year. She never had any phones so that was her first phone. It's not even a gift from her parents, she bought it herself using her money she earned from working part time jobs at stores during school holidays. Thanks to Kim Jongin who had been showing off his iphone during their school days, she knew about the existence of iphones. During her semester break last year, she did a part time job, so she was able to change from 4 to 5s.

 Seulgi hums as she goes into the bathroom to take a bath.

After taking a bath, she puts on a black shirt tucked into a pair of black skinny jeans. She's thinking of pairing it with black boots. Then, she ties her hair into a messy bun. Perfect, the simple-dressed Kang Seulgi thought as she puts on a brown-coloured long coat. Then she goes out of her bedroom only to see Wendy with her jaw dropped.

"What? Is there something wrong with my clothes?" Seulgi asks Wendy as she checks out her clothes. Nope, no dirts, no wrinkles, perfectly fine. "No no, is there something wrong with you? Are you sleep walking?" Wendy checks the clock hanging over the wall to make sure she doesn't misread it. "Tcheh why are you always overreacting? I'm going to the amusement park with Jongin and Yeri today." Seulgi rolls her eyes then walks to the kitchen. "Wah Kang Seulgi actually woke up at 9 just to go on a date with Jongin, wait who's Yeri? Are you third-wheeling?" Wendy is sitting on the couch watching morning news but now her head is turned around looking at Seulgi with one of her eyebrows raised. "No I'm not going on a date. And nope I'm not third-wheeling, Yeri's his younger sister." Seulgi looks around the kitchen looking for food. 

"Yah, why is there no food? Don't you eat breakfast?" "Well apparently I did ate breakfast at 8, but I didn't know you would wake up this early. If I knew, I would've made breakfast for you and eat together." Seulgi knows that Wendy is such an early-riser but she didnt expect Wendy to wake up that early. Even on weekends, gosh. "Wah chincha, breakfast at 8? My best friend Wens! I'm impressed." "Yah, everyone's routine is like this okay. You're the odd one," Seulgi just nods her head at Wendy's remark. 

Wendy continues watching the tv, while Seulgi continues whining, "Aaah chincha, I'm so hungry, ottokaeee," "Can't you just call Jongin and ask him to take you for breakfast?" "Omo, Wens, brilliant!" Seulgi says with her eyes shining. Seulgi quickly dials his phone number.

After a long talk and persuading, she finally hangs up. With a smile on her face. "Assa~! He's going to pick me up downstairs and we're going to breakfast. Yaaassss," "When's he coming?" "I dont know, he said he will call me if he arrived. Eh, aren't you going to a date with....what's his name again?" "Jongdae," "Ah yes, Jongdae?" "Well we were supposed to go somewhere today, but I don't know, he ditched me." Wendy says with her face looking annoyed. "Aigo aigo, pity my fwen, why don't you ask Hanbin for a date, then?" Seulgi says sarcastically as a revenge because of the time when Wendy lied to her saying she baked cupcakes for Hanbin. Before Wendy could even smack her head, she receives a call from Jongin. Fuh, I'm safe, kekeke, Seulgi giggles as she runs away from Wendy to the doorstep. 

"Arasso arasso, I'm on my way," Seulgi answers his call while waving her hands at Wendy who is looking frustrated af.

"Seulgi-ah! Don't forget your-" she shuts the door before Wendy could even finish her sentences. 

-

"Yah Kkangsseul I could sleep for..." Jongin's voice slowly disappearing as he sees the appearance of Seulgi who's getting into the passenger seat. He checks her outift. From head to toe. It's like looking at a mirror. 

"What the hell Jongin-ah?" "What the heck Kang Seulgi?" Jongin checks her out once again as if he can't believe his eyes. "Did you just- oh my god how is this possible," Seulgi gasps looking at his outfit. They're wearing the same thing. Freaking same. From head to toe. 

She's wearing a brown long coat, he's also wearing the same brown long coat. Even the brown is the same shade.

He's wearing a turtleneck and she's wearing a shirt. But the colour, the black is the same.

Both of them are wearing black skinny jeans.

Both of them are wearing black shoes.

"HAHAHAHAHA," Jongin laughs out loud that he wakes up Yeri who is sleeping at the behind seat.

"What's funny? Do you not know or do you pretend to not know that girls hate it when someone wears the exact same thing like them?" Seulgi raises one of her eyebrows at Jongin. "Yah, it's funny you know. I can't believe we're wearing the same thing. Chemistry on fleek, man. Um, are you my soulmate or what?" says Jongin while wiping tears off his eyes. He was laughing too much that tears were coming out. "Ah, chincha. Even the colour of our hair is the same!! I hate this ugh," Seulgi looking irritated. 

"Omo, Seulgi unni!! Anyeoooong!" Yeri moves her body forward to hug Seulgi. "Omooo, who is thissss, I can't even recognize you anymoree, wah you're a lady now huh? The last time I saw you, you were so small," Seulgi hugs Yeri while patting her back.

"But unni, did you plan this with Jongin oppa or what? Boyaaa, am i third-wheeling," says Yeri as she sits back because Jongin started to drive. "Nooo! Why would we plan this together, ugh it's your oppa who's copying me," Seulgi says while giving Jongin that you're dead glare through the rear mirror. Even though he did not see that because he was focusing on the road. 

"It's okay Seulgi, people would be thinking that we're twins. Hahahahaha," Jongin laughs. "Seriously?" "Yeah seriously," "What kind of twins would still wear the same clothes even when they're grown ups? Cmon Jongin-ah." Suddenly Jongin pulls the brake because it's red light.

He looks at Seulgi then he puts his arm around the seat Seulgi was sitting on, "Then would you prefer it if people think that we're a couple? Because that seems more like it," he smirks as he says the word 'couple'. He moves forward to Seulgi.

Until their face is only a few centimetres apart. So damn near. 

-

So near that Seulgi could feel his warm breath brushing her cheeks. So near that Seulgi could feel herself blushing. So near that Seulgi feels like her heart is exploding. So near that Seulgi's small fist-sized heart is pumping bloods hundred times faster than it usually would. 

Seulgi stares at his eyes. And his tanned-skin face. And his thick lips. And his not so big yet not so small nose. I never knew you were this handsome until I'm seeing you up close. She frozes because Jongin is too close with her. She frozes because her heart went pit-a-pat. At that time, she wishes someone else would help her get out of this awkward situation because she can't do anything except for blushing. Even her monolid isn't blinking.

She could feel Jongin's fingers running through her hair.

Suddenly, Jongin starts frowning. He moves back to his seat and glares at Yeri, "Ouchhhh! Yah Kim Yerim!!!! Why the heck would you hit your brother like that?" "Because you're being a ert and it's 5 seconds away from green light?" "Wh-wh-what?" Jongin panicks while looking back forward and starts driving. 

What the hell were you thinking Seulgi-ah, Seulgi finally gets back to her senses. "Thank you Yeri-ah, for saving me from this ert," Seulgi winks at Yeri then she glares at Jongin. "Yah! Why would that make me a ert? Ah chincha, I'm just tryna feel the boyfriend vibe. Right, Seulbear?" Jongin smirks at her but Seulgi pinches Jongin's side. "Ouch??? Why the hell is everyone abusing me oh my god," "Because you deserve it for being an annoying ."

"And, can you not play with my hair?" she adds while fixing her hair looking at the side mirror. Jongin looks at her in disbelief, "Your hair is already messy to begin with so even if I play with your hair, it would still look messy." "Excuse me? My hair was in a perfect messy bun but now you made it messier so it's not the right scale of messy anymore, ." "I really can't understand girls." "Who ask you to understand us?" "Owwwww chincha, I feel like smacking you." "Too bad you cant, focus on the road," Seulgi says with an ordering tone. Jongin just rolls his eyes but not at her, at the road. Because he can't get them into an accident. While Yeri, she just laughs looking at their childish arguement.

"By the way, Yeri-ah, you don't mind if I'm joining you two right?" "Of course unni!! I would love it even more if you're here," Yeri answers happily. Seulgi looks at Jongin with the I've told you she would like it if I join look. "Yeah yeah Kang Seulgi, you won. So, where are we going to have our breakfast?"

-

JOOHYUNNIE

 

 

(SLIDE TO ANSWER)

 

"Oh, whats up bae?" 

"Wendy-ah! Anyeong,"

"Anyeeooong," Wendy answers Joohyun's call while standing by the table in the kitchen.

"Yah, are you and Seulgi free today?"

"I'm free, Seulgi's not. She's on a date with that Jongin guy. Why?"

"Aish, boyaa, I was thinking to have a girls' day today."

"Omo, leggo!!"

"What about Seulgi?"

"We can go with her later, and today I'm bored, plus I was ditched."

"Arasso, I'll pick you up at 11. Aigo, who ditched you, Seungwan-ah?"

"I'll tell you the details later. Are you bringing Joonmyeon?"

"Kol! I also have something to tell you. Aniya, I had a fight with him. Blergh, dont even wanna talk about it,"

"Eung~ see you later," she hangs up the phone.

"Assaa~! I'm going out. Yesssssss," she walks off to her bedroom happily after taking a banana from the table. 

-

"Aigo, aigo Kang Seulgi, this is why you're still single by now, can't you eat like a lady?" Jongin teases Seulgi as he wipes hastily with a tissue. "Whut? Why do you think I'm single right now?" Seulgi takes the tissue from Jo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter