chapter eight

Inspiration
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin rushes out of the cafe feeling mad because Seulgi defended Sehun and she neglected the fact that he was grumpy because... Wait, am I being immaturedly jealous? Jongin suddenly stops as he thinks back to himself how he's being childish. And how he's being ridiculous because he has no right to feel jealous. He was being possesive when Seulgi isn't even his. And he realized how he hurt Seulgi by saying that she's socially awkward when that's all in the past and she's trying to improve herself now.

However, his ego wins so he has no intention on waiting Seulgi and Yeri so he leaves them as he exits the amusement park and enters his car.

 

---

 

Seulgi and Yeri follows Jongin out of the cafe. Seulgi is still speechless by Jongin's sudden immatured behaviour. When he was in a bad mood, Seulgi tried to cheer him up by being happy and then asking him for a dinner but it turns out like this. Ugh, why can't a happy day like this ends peacefully, Seulgi thought as she lets out a silent sigh. 

Well it's not really a silent sigh because it seems like Yeri heard it and she pats Seulgi's shoulders ensuring that it's alright. 

One time, Jongin stops. Thanks to that, Seulgi and Yeri could catch up. They are actually worried if Jongin would leave them which is likely wont happen because Jongin wouldn't leave his precious sister alone.

 

Seulgi enters Jongin's car with a thankful feeling that Jongin didn't leave them. She sits at the back seat after asking Yeri to sit in front because she feels like it's awkward. 

Jongin turns to look at Yeri and then looks at Seulgi through the rear mirror. "Kim Yerim, can you switch seats with that unni?" Without saying anything, Yeri hurriedly goes out of the car and then opens the door right beside Seulgi. She stares at Seulgi for a milisecond and then widen her eyes as if she's saying cmon don't you hear what oppa said. 

'What?" Seulgi asks as if she doesnt understand Yeri. When she actually do because she clearly heard what Jongin said. So she says oh and then goes out of the car into the passenger seat.

 

The ride in the car is weirdly quiet. It's not quiet because Jongin is mad, it's quiet because it's awkward. Seulgi knows Jongin isn't mad anymore, she notices Jongin stealing guilty glances at her. Tcheh, now he knows he's being ridiculous, Seulgi smirks before saying, "Jongin-ah, let's go eat sushi."

It's always like that. Whenever Jongin is mad over the smallest things, he would realize it himself and then keeps quiet because of the guiltiness and his ego. But then Seulgi would always notice that and then breaks the silence. Makes their friendship even more special because both of them understands each other even without saying anything.

 

 

In the sushi restaurant, Seulgi and Jongin barely talk to each other. Thank god that Yeri's there to fill the unsettled awkwardness between them. 

After filling up their stomachs, Jongin sends Seulgi to her apartment. And again, the car is quiet. And awkward. It's even more awkward now that Yeri is sleeping soundly at the back. 

 

 

Finally, the wait is over.. I can finally escape, Seulgi closes her eyes for a second before going out of the car. 

 

Ah, right, I didnt even say thank you, Seulgi thought when she's few steps away from his car. She rushes back to his car and opens the door to say thank you but Jongin isnt there. Her head ponders for a while as she closes the door and turns in front only to see Jongin standing in front of her with his head lowered down. 

Seulgi immediately smiles as she sees him. Jongin scratches his head while saying, "Um, let me accompany you." 

Seulgi takes his arms and then links hers with his. Then, they walk together with their arms linked. Jongin parked his car a bit far away from her apartment intentionally just so that he could have a talk with her. 

"Um so, anything you wanna say to me?" Seulgi starts the conversation because Jongin was silent all along. "Look, I know I was being grumpy and immatured and this is kind of dramatic but sorry," Jongin stops

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter