chapter four

Inspiration
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yah! You are really a pabo." says Joohyun while she munches her chicken. "Is that all? Why aren't you surprised after listening to my story?" Seulgi feeling weird at her best friend's reaction. "I'm trying to enjoy my fried chicken here," says Joohyun while Seulgi frowns at her. Joohyun giggles, "Well, Wendy already said everything that I would say to you and you really have to be mad at him and ask him about everything that you wanna know but first, check out who's there. He's seriously checking you out from head to toe," she points to the direction where Jongin's coming from. 

Seulgi turns her head to her side and sees a tall creature with snapback smiling handsomely at her. 

Okay, lets ignore him, Seulgi ignores the tall creature and doesnt even reply his smile back. 

"Yah, Kang Seulgi! Did you really just ignore my smile?!" says Jongin who's taking a seat next to Seulgi. Yet, Seulgi still ignores him.

"Um guys, I gotta go! My boy needs me," says Irene as she winks at Seulgi then running into her boyfriend, Joonmyeon's arms.

Ugh that halmeonni. Why is she leaving me alone with him, okay now what do I say, Seulgi thinks as she peeks awkwardly at Jongin.

"Yah, you know what, I woke up at eleven today!! I mean like it's very late so I missed the morning class. What happened at today's class? And I still haven't had my breakfast, I'm so hungry. Treat me some-" Seulgi stands up, ignoring Jongin. She walks out of the cafeteria and is about to enter her next class. Jongin was left hanging, "-thing...." Jongin chases her to their next class and grabs her arms. "Seulgi-ah, are you okay? Why are you ignoring me?" he pouts. "I'm okay," Seulgi says coldly and throws away his hands that were grabbing her arms. 

Was that too harsh..,Seulgi thought as she takes a seat. There's no one in the class except for the two of them. Jongin takes a seat beside her, "Okay, you gotta tell me why are you ignoring me because I have no idea-" "You have no idea why I'm mad? Seriously? Okay firstly, you left me just like that and now you're coming back just like that. Like nothing happened. Am i a toy that you can leave and come back whenever you want? I know I'm not your girlfriend, but still, I'm your best friend, oh wait am i still your best friend?" she pauses for a milisecond, "And the fight we had that night ugh I dont even wanna talk about that but was it because of that night that you havent contact me even once while you were in UK? I had so many hard times during the time you were gone but my best friend wasn't there for me. I would be okay, I mean it would be enough if I heard your voice. You know you're the only one who knows that I have issues with my family.You know how I always find you whenever I had hard times with my family. You know I never trusted anyone else except for you to tell about my family issues. You know I never had any friends as close as I am with you except for you. But you weren't there back then. You weren't there when I was depressed because I have nobody to lean on. You weren't there when I needed a shoulder to cry on. You left me alone. Thank goodness I met Wendy and Joohyun I was able to get my senses back." Seulgi finally lashes out everything, she feels relieved. But tears start rolling down her cheeks.

-

Jongin knows exactly what Seulgi said.

He's speechless.

Speechless at the sight of seeing his best friend crying because of him. He once promised her that he will never be the cause of her sadness. He will always be her source of happiness. He feels a sense of guilt.

Jongin grabs Seulgi's wrist and drags her out of the class into his car. He opens the door for her. Without saying anything, he shoves Seulgi into the passenger seat. He closes the door and gets into the driver seat. He leans over to Seulgi and pulls the seatbelt to help her wear it. "Yah, but we have class-" "Mm." Jongin cuts off Seulgi coldly. He drives away. 

He has no destination in mind but he just wants to be alone with Seulgi. He just wants to be her best friend, just like how they were. So he just drives wherever his car brings him to. 

-

Seulgi looks out the window with her eyes red and puffed. Probably after all those cryings. She wonders where is this guy taking her to. But she doesn't refuse. Maybe she really need to have some deep talks with Kim Jongin after all.

 Awkward. Why isn't he saying anything after I've said everything I wanted to, "Ehm," Seulgi warms up also as a sign that Jongin should be talking by now. "Thirsty?" Jongin asks as he passes a water bottle. Gosh, so tactless, why would I be thirsty, "Oh," Seulgi takes the bottle from him and drinks it anyway because she feels like it would be even more awkward if she refuses. 

-

Jongin would take a peek at Seulgi through the rear mirror once in awhile, checking out if she's okay. Her eyes look red and puffy. Like she's been punched in the eye. Then, Jongin stops his car at Han River. He sits back and closes his eyes, not doing anything. Okay, okay, how do I start the conversation. Man up, Kim Jongin. 

"Mm, Seulgi-ah." no replies. He turns around and looks at her. "Yah, look at me," Jongin cups her face with his hands as he turns her face looking at him. He sees tears rolling down her white fluffy cheeks, "I know you're mad. Mianhe. I should've told you that night. No, actually the truth is I wanted to tell you that night. But after we had the fight, I felt like it's better if I don't tell you. If I told you I felt like you wouldn't be able to let me go that easily. I felt like if I don't tell you,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter