Chapter 4

All the things he said

“Jung Hoseok!” Kim Namjoon shouted once he saw Hoseok.

 

“What?” Hoseok was tired and sleepy. The lack of sleep made he become so irritated. The last thing he wanted to do now was arguing with Kim Namjoon. He put down his backpack on the floor then put on his fleece immediately.

 

“Why are you in my room that late? Can’t sleep without me?” Hoseok smirked and tried to lighten the atmosphere in his room when he saw Namjoon’s expression.

 

“You promised that you would call me,” Namjoon pulled Hoseok closer then took his fleece off, “Why?” He saw the bruise on Hoseok’s arms. Those purples and blues.

 

“How could I?” Hoseok just smiled.

 

Namjoon could see the helpness behind Hoseok’s fake smile. That’s Jung Hoseok. Always bore all the sadness by himself and showed the brightest side to others. He thought that they were old enough to fight back; he thought that this year was different. Was he too naïve to believe that thing would be okay?

 

“When did he come back?” Namjoon lay on the bed beside Hoseok. Looking though the window. There were no stars on the sky.

 

“He didn’t come back. He just called… then I… I have to be there.”

 

“Why? Are you i-“ Hoseok cuted Namjoon’s shouting, “he found my mom.”

 

Namjoon sat up and shocked at his words, “but, how?” he asked weakly. Yeah, how? They all knew how it would happen. Like every time, they felt like thing were going well, it turned worse.

 

“My mom called him,” Hoseok sighed then shut his eyes like he’s too tired for all these s, “when she’s drunk. She called me to say she’s sorry. What could I do?”

 

Namjoon sat in silence.

There’s nothing he could do, there’s nothing they could do.

--

 

“It’s weird that you’re really right beside me.” Hoseok chuckled. They were lying on the bed in a small motel. The room even smelled. But his hyung was really beside him, he could feel his body, he could feel the heat. His hyung wasn’t in the computer, in that small square frame.

 

He turned over to face Seokjin, hand on his face. He could actually feel the heat under his skin, not the cool, flat monitor. “You are really with me.”

 

“Of course, I am with you,” Seokjin cupped Hoseok’s cheek, then pulled him closer. “I will always be with you.” He pecked on Hoseok’s lips, on his nose, his eyes. His hands slipped down to his neck, shoulder, his arms.

 

Hoseok moaned in pain. Seokjin accidently pushed his bruise. He tried to hide it to not ruin this moment. But couldn’t help, made a sound.

 

“I’m sorry. Is it hurt?” Seokjin stopped immediately then checked on Hoseok, “It’s hurt obviously, why am I so clumsy?” He murmured and slapped himself.

 

“Agh…” Unfortunately, he hit the cut on his face.

 

“What are you doing, silly hyung?” Hoseok laughed at Seokjin’s move. Seokjin looked back then laughed with him.

 

Life seemed so good when you have the person you loved beside you. Even though you are in a rotten, cheap motel room, even though you are physically painful as hell, you felt good, you felt happy. Even though you don’t know what could you do or where could you go tomorrow, you still enjoyed the moment with that one person.

 

He’s grateful.

 

He’s grateful that he could have this one special moment in his life. He’s grateful that his life is more than hate. He knew it’s enough for him.

 

--

 

“Hey!” Someone yelled from behind.

 

Kim seokjin was so focused on his phone and his princess that sat 5 tables away from him. It’s sad that he couldn’t have lunch with him at school. They don’t even get to talk with each other. He heard someone yelling in the canteen. But he didn’t care about that. School is a place that packed with teenagers which full of hormone. It’s just like a zoo. What did you expect from a brunch of animals? Good table manner?

 

“Hey! Hey.. hey.. hey… “ He could tell the yelling is getting closer and closer to him. He looked back and saw a dark shadow threw onto him.

 

It’s Jackson. And follow by Youngji, Minah, Mark and Mino. He signed and pushed Jackson away. Jackson stumbled and sat on the floor.

 

“I know you are so into me. But,” Seokjin caressed Jackson’s face, then said, “don’t be that obvious. Especially in front of Youngji, she will be so jealous.” He leaned in but Jackson pushed him right away.

 

“Tell me, what are you doing lately? We didn’t see you around anymore.” Mino sat and asked.

 

“Just… my dad came back from his trip.”

 

He is too busy to be with his love.

Seokjin wanted to said that but he couldn’t. No one knew about his relationship, except that Namjoon guy. But he didn’t know him, he just saw him beside Hoseok for a few times at school.

 

“Okay.” They didn’t asked anymore. All of them knew that how terrible his father was. He was a strict person that made no fun. He’s more like a commander to him, than a father.

 

“Uncle Kim is back? Maybe I can come visit him someday?” Minah sat beside him and asked, smiling so cute.

 

But it didn’t work for him anymore.

 

“I told you, we’re done.” Seokjin pulled some distance between him and Minah. He didn’t think Hoseok will care about that, but he didn’t want himself to be seen that close with other girls.

 

“I didn’t accept it.” Minah said. She pretended not feeling the cold tone of his voice, opened the package of her lunch then gave the tomatoes in her lunch box to Seokjin.

 

She hated tomatoes. And Seokjin would eat all those food that she didn’t like.

 

“It’s done when I said so.” Seokjin stopped her, “Do you know a commitment needs two, but a break up only needs one. It’s over.”

 

“Hey, do you have to be that cruel!” Youngji didn’t like how Seokjin treats Minah now. She knew what Seokjin’s doing was good for both of them, but at the end, she’s still Minah’s friend. Youngji stared at him.

 

Seokjin stared back but didn’t fight back. He knew he was so mean right now. But Minah just won’t listen.

 

“Who’s that princess?” Someone broke the silence.

 

“Who’s she?” She yelled. Minah saw Seokjin’s phone with the incoming messages. She’s on flame. She knew it. She knew it. He cheated on her.

 

She grabbed his phone, and tried to unlock it.

 

“Give me back my phone!” Seokjin stretched his arm, but Minah was quick enough to avoid him. She stood back, so focused on the phone.

 

Seokjin looked around. Hoseok wasn’t here.

He couldn’t get him exposed.

He chased after Minah, other students both looking at them. Youngji and Jackson chased after them. He took a step forward then grabbed Minah by her arms.

 

“Agh!” Minah screamed in pain.

 

“You deserved it.” Seokjin’s eyes were all red, his voice grinded though his teeth. He took his phone back roughly. Youngji ran towards Minah. Jackson looked at him worriedly.

 

Jackson was about to speak, but Seokjin stopped him, “don’t! Leave me alone.”