Prologue I

All the things he said

5th September 2014

 

“Seokjin, someone is looking for you.”

Kim Seokjin sat at the back beside the window, he was lying on his desk, head resting on his arm. He sat straight when his classmate called, then turned to look at the person that stood near the door. The latter waved at him, then gestured him to come out.

 

“What’s up?” Kim Seokjin walked straight to the edge of the rooftop, Kim Namjoon followed him.

“This is for you.” He handed the note that he hold in his hand for the whole walk to Seokjin, “I have never known you were friend with Hoseok.”

“There are lots of thing that you don’t know.” Seokjin stared at the note, it wrote ‘Dearest Jin’ on the top of the cover. He took the note book and caressed the cover. It’s Hoseok’s hand writing.

“I have opened this as I didn’t know who that Jin is for.” Namjoon rubbed the back of his neck as the awkwardness between him and Seokjin.

 

Kim Seokjin was the prince charming in his school. He was a straight A student, the president of their student council. He got a lot of fangirls and even fanboys. He couldn’t imagined Hoseok was a friend of him and seemed like they were real close. They were like people from two different worlds, well-known and unknown.

 

“It’s okay. Thanks for bringing this to me.” He said without looked up to Namjoon, his glance stuck at the note book. He was about to open the notebook, then he paused and looked at Namjoon.

 

“I think the lesson is about to start now.” He said with a fake smile.

“Oh, I- I’ll leave now.” Namjoon said embarrassedly, he turned back then walked away. “Umm- How about you?” He stopped and turned back to ask.

 

Seokjin hadn’t answered his question, he just smiled and looked at him.

Namjoon sighed at his denseness, “Real for this time.” He then walked away.  

 

Finally, there was only him on the rooftop. He flipped the book, a polaroid of him and hoseok dropped out. Hoseok’s smile was the most precious thing in his life. He was always so hopeful, so loveable. Seokjin placed a kiss on Hoseok’s portrait.

 

“Thanks for letting me to be your dearest.” He murmured then looked up. The sky was blue as that day, just you weren’t here.

 

10th October 2013

 

“How is your day?” Seokjin sat on his bed, laptop on his lap. He smiled lovely to the person that shown on the screen.

“As dumb as usual.” The boy that’s opposite the cam wasn’t looking at the camera, he was busying himself. “BUT congratulation, hyung.” He stopped what he was doing, smiled brightly to Seokjin, clapped his hands.

Seokjin felt like his heart had skipped a beat. His blushed and looked away shyly. “That isn’t big deal.”

“First in school? That’s a big deal for me. I am struggling to pass the test.”

“You just need to focus more in your study.”

“I know, but I like doing what I am doing now.”

“Dancing, right?” Seokjin knew the answer already. He knew the shimmer in the boy’s eyes whenever he got a chance to danc.  

“Of course, hyung-nim.” The boy answer Seokjin with his cute, high-pitch voice. Seokjin was melted by his little aegyo.

Seokjin placed the laptop on the bed, then lie down. Eyes still stuck on the screen. He stretched his hand to caresses the one on the screen. “I like what I am doing now, and I really miss you.”

“Hyung, we have seen each other at school today.” He looked into Seokjin’s eyes.

“But you weren’t by my side.” Seokjin pouted his lips.

“Oww, hyung. You are so clingy.”

“I am, but only for you.”

The boy blushed, without answer he just back to his stuff, Seokjin looked at him intensively, he couldn’t pull his smile down nor his stare away.

“Hoseok ah.” He whispered.

“Ne?”

“Nothing.” Seokjin thought that he could look at Hoseok until the end of the world and he still thought that now.

 

Hyung, I had never thought that we will know each other and became friends.

You and I are just liked two people from different world. We have different habit, different personality. We have different background and we don’t share any mutual friend.

It’s really a miracle for me to become your friend, thanks for letting me be by your side.

I Love You, hyung-nim.