5/5

Too Hot For His Own Good
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Taehyung walked to school quite cheerfully that morning.  He smiled to himself as he remembered spending most of the night at Jungkook’s house.  They ended up watching another movie, and thankfully for him, this time, it wasn’t horror.  It was a nice quiet evening to themselves, although Junghyun poked his head in the room once in awhile to make sure they weren’t doing stupid, as a big brother should.

 

The school was empty upon his arrival, and he glanced at his watch.  7:00 AM.  School didn’t start for another hour.  He didn’t sleep much the night before, much of it due to thinking about Jungkook.  He groaned to himself and decided to go sit at somewhere.

 

The cafe was closed, much to Taehyung’s despair since it was a rather chilly morning.  He was partially glad he was wearing a scarf and a thicker jacket that day, and he hoped Jungkook would do the same.

 

He finally ended up settling down at a bench in front of Jungkook’s locker.  It was shaded from the bright morning sun.  He sat down against the cold metal and shivered a bit.

 

A loud bang was heard just as he was starting to fall asleep.  He stood up, breathing slowly.

 

What the heck, he thought.  He glanced at a nearby classroom.  Maybe I should check it out…

 

No, stay here! a voice in his head shouted.  That would be stupid to go and see.  Besides, what if there’s a --?

 

“Zombie?” he muttered to himself.

 

He sat back down and pulled his phone out to text Jungkook.  

 

   To: Kookie       

 

   where are you?

   Sent at : 7:03 AM

 

His mind began to go blank just as something grabbed his shirt collar and pushed him down to the ground.  Taehyung’s eyes shot open, and he gasped as he came face to face with none other than Park Jimin.

 

“What the hell?” Taehyung snapped angrily as he stood.  

 

Jimin chuckled.  “I figured you’d be here.”

 

“That’s not creepy at all,” Taehyung deadpanned.  “Okay look.  I know you’re upset about me and Jungkook, but can’t you just let it go?”

 

“No can do,” Jimin replied.  “You see, I hate losing.”

 

Taehyung glared.  “Well, I hate to break it to you, but you just lost, Park Jimin.”

 

Jimin snickered a bit, taking off his jacket and cracking his knuckles.  “Which is why I have to beat you, Kim Taehyung.  Once and for all.”

 

Taehyung shook his head, taking a step back.  “You don’t want to do this.”

 

“Hm, I think I do.”

 

Without a warning, Jimin’s fist shot towards Taehyung, and he dodged it with ease, causing the other boy to recoil back.  He then aimed a kick at the other’s stomach, causing him to block himself and counteract it with a fast punch into his gut.

 

Jimin stumbled back, coughing.  “Surely, you can do better than that.”

 

Taehyung growled, taking off his thick jacket and scarf and throwing it on the bench next to him.  “Are you talking to yourself?”

 

“No,” Jimin hissed.  “I’m just getting started.”

 

He shot forward again and was met with Taehyung’s fist hitting his arm.  He let out a note of pain as he dodged the other’s second punch.

 

As he rose to his feet, Taehyung grabbed Jimin’s collar, holding his tightened fist back threateningly, as Jimin did the same.  They glared at each other, but not one wanted to put a mark on the other.  It was as if all their energy was spent.

 

“Taehyung?”

 

The two turned to see Jungkook staring at them with fear-filled eyes.  He took a step forward, and the boys’ grips on each other tightened.

 

“Jimin, please,” Jungkook pleaded.  “Don’t do this.”

 

Jimin shook his head.  His eyes widened a bit as Taehyung let go and let his hands fall down to his side.

 

“Go ahead, Jimin,” Taehyung whispered.  “Hit me.”

 

The said boy only glared, his hand shaking as he held the collar of Taehyung’s shirt.  “What is this?  Another one of your games?” he shot.  “Is this like that game you played when you moved away?  To get Jungkook’s undivided attention?”

 

“Who said it was a game?” Taehyung said softly, his voice low.  “Do you think I had a choice to leave?”

 

“Who knows if you did?” Jimin pointed out.  “You’re a liar, Kim Taehyung.”

 

“Call me what you want,” Taehyung said, his expression serious.  “I honestly don’t care what you call me.  I’m giving you the golden opportunity to do what you’ve always wanted to do, so why can’t you just take that chance and punch me like a man?”

 

Jimin tugged at Taehyung’s shirt hard, his eyes lit with a fire of determination.  “You…”

 

“I’ll give you three seconds before I punch you first,” Taehyung hissed, annoyed now.  “I’ll punch you square in the jaw, and trust me, I know how.”

 

“Guys, stop it,” Jungkook said, his voice small with fear.  His fingers grasped the edges of his blazer nervously as he stood there.  He couldn’t seem to move, as if he was frozen in place.

 

Taehyung kept his eyes on Jimin.  “One.”

 

“Two.”

 

“Three…”

 

Jimin let go of Taehyung and collapsed on his knees.  He stared down at his hands, which were shaking in his lap.  

 

“Alright, pork-chop,” Jimin whispered.  “You win.”

 

Taehyung turned and walked away without another word to Jungkook’s side.  He took his hand and was about to walk away when Jungkook turned back and glanced at Jimin, who didn’t even give him a second glance.

 

He walked with Taehyung with no words.  He frowned, feeling Taehyung’s tight grip on his hand, but he didn’t say anything.  He knew the fight was about him, though he chose not to say anything just in case it angered Taehyung even more.  He had never seen him that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter