4/5

Too Hot For His Own Good
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

warning to possible excessive kissing and a bit of colorful language~

 

There was still no sign of Taehyung while Jungkook sat in the cafe with a worried expression stuck on his face.  He frowned deeply as he held his energy drink, catching the growing water drops on the side of the can before they hit the table.  He sighed for the nth time as he lay his head on the table and stared off into space.

 

Is Jimin telling the truth? he thought.  I don’t want to…something doesn’t feel right.  He sat up and shook his head with frustration.  What the heck am I thinking?  He can’t be trusted!  Taehyung will show up eventually.  He gasped to himself, covering his mouth.  

 

“We shouldn’t have watched that movie last night!” he exclaimed.

 

People started staring at him, and he kept his head down with embarrassment.  This isn’t going to do.  He stood up and grabbed his drink before walking out of the cafe.  Throwing it into the trashcan, he walked down the hallway with his hands in his pockets.  

 

Sounds came to his ears.  More like shouts.

 

Jungkook turned his head and saw a small crowd in the distance on the basketball courts.  His heart skipped a couple beats as he found himself running over.

 

“Yeah!  Joohyuk, get him!”

 

“Show him what you got, newbie!”

 

Jungkook pushed himself through the crowd.  He wanted to stop himself from seeing the scene unfold in front of him.  Kids were chanting all around him, and he felt dizzy as he finally made his way towards the front.  In the middle of the circle, a bruised Jimin faced a hardly scratched Joohyuk.  Jungkook strained and saw no sign of Taehyung.

 

“Come on, Joohyuk,” Jimin said, spitting blood.  “You don’t want to do this.”

 

“You sent that note, Park ing Jimin!” Joohyuk shouted angrily, his face red.  He shot forward and grabbed the collar of Jimin’s uniform.  “Give me one reason why I shouldn’t bash your head in right now.”

 

Jimin only laughed a little.  “Now that…I can’t tell you.”

 

Joohyuk drew his fist back and was about to punch the living daylights out of Jimin when Jungkook rushed forward.  “No!” he shouted desperately, his hand outstretched.

 

“Ah, hey, cutie-Kookie,” Jimin greeted casually.  “I know you want me, but I’m a bit busy right now.”

 

“He won’t want you now that I’m going to kill you,” Joohyuk growled.  He tossed Jimin away, who landed on the ground with a dull thud.  

 

He winced as he rubbed his sore .  “Sheesh, love you too, buddy.”

 

Joohyuk snarled as he walked over to kick the boy when Jungkook stood in front of him.  He moved to the right, but Jungkook was quicker.  He moved to the left only to be blocked again.  He was about to push Jungkook out of the way when the boy countered the push.

 

“Don’t do this, Joohyuk,” Jungkook said, his voice begging.

 

“Why shouldn’t I?  The little bastard deserves it,” the other reasoned harshly.  

 

“Because he likes me!” Jungkook shot back, earning a hushed gasp from the crowd around him.  He blushed as he continued, “Even though my feelings are with someone else, he’s always been there, even though he is annoying most of the time.  I owe him something for having my back the years my best friend moved away.”

 

Joohyuk stepped back, blinking.  “You guys are both ing crazy.”

 

“Yeah,” Jimin confirmed.  “But I’m crazy for Jungkook, not you.”

 

Jungkook rolled his eyes.  “Yeah, yeah, whatever.”  He turned towards the crowd.  “There’s nothing else to see.  Go back to your classes.”

 

The crowd dispersed, and Jungkook found himself helping Jimin sit up.  Joohyuk stormed off angrily, though Jungkook could tell that he understood.  

 

“Aw, the princess saved the prince,” Jimin cooed.

 

Jungkook wrinkled his nose and blew a raspberry.  “Dream on.”

 

“Jungkook-ah!”

 

Jungkook looked up.  “Taehyung-ah!”

 

The boy walked up to the two of them and stared.  Jungkook could sense Taehyung’s confusion as he took Jungkook’s hand and dragged him away from Jimin.

 

“What’s your problem?” Jungkook shot, horrified.

 

“What’s yours?” Taehyung hissed back.  “Why are you helping him?  Don’t you know he’s been torturing us ever since elementary school?”

 

“It was all in the past.  I was just speaking in the moment,” Jungkook explained.  “He was going to die if I didn’t help him.”

 

Taehyung shook Jungkook’s shoulders.  “Wake up!  Don’t you even realize what you’re saying?” he said, his eyes blazing.  “You wanted to help him, the boy who nearly took you away from me seven y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter