3/5

Too Hot For His Own Good
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Jungkook tossed and turned in his bed, not able to fall asleep.  He stared at the ceiling, thinking about what happened before he left.  

 

They leaned closer, and Jungkook felt his heart beating faster and faster.  Taehyung was gazing at Jungkook’s perfect lips as he closed the gap between them.  Jungkook strangely felt his body being pulled to the other.  His mind started to blur as he got closer…

 

His fingers touched his lips and wondered what it would feel like if they had made contact.

 

“No,” he whispered to himself, shaking his head.  He messed his hair up with a frustrated sigh before turning on his right side, staring at his fish tank.  He watched the little goldfish swim up to the side of the tank and blow bubbles at him.

 

“What do I do, guys?” he asked softly.

 

The fish blew more bubbles before swimming away in a pack.  Jungkook sighed as he watched them go.’’

 

He had promised himself never to develop feelings for the other.  It started in elementary school, as soon as Taehyung had made his little confession.  Even though the boy wasn’t the best looking or social kid, something about him was intriguing to Jungkook.  All he needed was a friend, and over time, he felt feelings develop from pity to love.

 

He liked to think of it as brotherly love.  The kind of love you would show your family, and the kind of love you would have with your best friend.  Something in him made it seem like it wasn’t that, but it was something much more.

 

Dammit, Taehyung, what do I do?

 

--

 

Jungkook walked into school and decided to stick close to the walls of the hall.  Some people recognized him from the fight the day before, and he only kept his head up.  He couldn’t let it affect him.

 

He turned the corner to the hallway his locker was in and saw Taehyung waiting for him.  With a panicked yelp, he hid behind the corner.  He slowly peeked and saw Taehyung leaning against his locker with earphones in his ears.  Occasionally, groups of girls would walk by and giggle at the sight of him.  He simply ignored them.  For some reason, it made Jungkook feel better that he wasn’t the flirty type.

 

I can’t go…I just can’t… he thought.  Maybe if I wait long enough, the bell will ring, and then I can seize my chance!

 

“Um, Jungkook?”

 

“Oh my God!” Jungkook fell backwards and nearly hit the floor when an arm reached out and latched itself around Jungkook’s waist.  He blinked to see Taehyung looking down at him with concern in his eyes.  “T-T-T-Taehyung!”

 

The other boy laughed.  “Yes, it’s me.”

 

Jungkook stood and coughed.  “Um…”

 

“You wanna go and hang out at the cafe again?  I was thinking --”

 

“Ah!  No!  I can’t!” Jungkook shouted.  He blushed and lowered his voice.  “I, um, have a…meeting with my teacher!  Very important!  Yeah!  Sorry!  Gotta go!”  With that, he dashed off, leaving Taehyung in the dust.

 

Taehyung blinked.  “Hm, okay…”

 

--

 

And so the first week of school went by slowly, much to Jungkook’s despair.  Every time he would see Taehyung, he always made up a lame excuse, and it was starting to get too embarrassing to handle.  He figured Taehyung could see past it too by that time.  

 

He sunk further into his sofa as he sketched randomly on his notepad, trying to rid the thoughts in his mind.  He sighed.  Maybe he was overreacting a little.  No, a lot, he thought.  Ugh, why did I even react that way…?

 

He never really thought he was gay.  He was nice to everyone, of course, and accepting of all the flaws everyone had.  That was his fault right there; he was too approachable.  He furrowed his eyebrows and frowned deeply.  Maybe I have to…play hard to get…?

 

He ruffled his hair and let out a frustrated sigh.  “Jungkook, what are you, seven?”

 

His hyung looked up from his book as he sat at the other couch.  “You okay, bro?”

 

Jungkook covered his face with his notepad and nodded.  “Fine,” he grunted grumpily.  He sat up and stared at the other.  “Hyung, do you think I’m overreacting?”

 

“About what?”

 

“Well, there’s this…person.  I almost kissed that person.  Almost.  And I feel…”

 

“Like you’re gonna die because you had a pathetic reaction?” his brother guessed.

 

Jungkook snapped his fingers.  “Bingo.”

 

His brother laughed, “You have a knack at doing that.”  With a smile, he sighed.  “I know how you feel.  That happened to me in high school too.  It was a normal day and --”

 

“Wait, hold on,” Jungkook interrupted.  “Am I about to hear Jeon Junghyun’s love life?”

 

“It’s not every day you get to hear my wonderful stories,” his brother pointed out.  “Anyways, I had this long crush on a girl.  She was totally perfect.  Perfect grades, perfect personality, perfect body --”

 

“Get on with it,” Jungkook groaned.

 

Junghyun shot him a playful glare.  “Anyways, I had a crush on her ever since elementary school,” he continued.  “High school came around, and then I had a chance to get even closer with her, hence we almost kissed.  I stopped myself, though, because…”

 

“Because?”  Jungkook raised an eyebrow.  

 

“I felt doubt.  ‘What if she doesn’t like me’?  ‘This seems too weird and early’.  I was thinking things like that,” he replied.  “I ended up regretting it because she was stolen by another guy.  If I had just made my move…”

 

“Aw, hyung…”

 

“Hey, shut up,” his brother laughed.  “What I’m trying to say is, don’t wait.  You never know what person is gonna come around and steal your love from you.”

 

Jungkook was silent.  Jimin…?

 

“You should go and talk with them,” his brother said, going back to his book.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter