1/5

Too Hot For His Own Good
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Taehyung adjusted his glasses nervously as he held the box of chocolates in his slightly chubby fingers.  He sighed and shook his head.  Feelings started to rush through his head, and thoughts shot into his mind like a machine gun.  

 

He had been playing way too many video games.

 

“You can do this, Kim Taehyung,” he told himself as he hid behind the tree.  “Fighting!”

 

He then walked around the tree and saw his one and only love, Jeon Jungkook, strut across the court with a basketball underneath his arm.  His backpack was slung cooly over one shoulder, and Taehyung could swear that the boy gave off a heavenly glow.

 

Before he could walk forward, he hid behind the tree again.  His heart pounded.  He was just too nervous.  Too scared.

 

Like, what if Jungkook thought he was a freak?

 

He internally cried.  He really didn’t ask to be gay, and he didn’t realize it until he met Jungkook.  

 

Actually, he’s not entirely gay.  He’s just gay for Jungkook.  No, gay wasn’t the word.  He just admired Jungkook a lot…

 

Enough to try and pull a confession with nothing other than his chubby self and his box of chocolate.

 

He stepped around the tree again in a second attempt and bumped into none other than Jungkook, who gave him a friendly smile.  Taehyung felt weak in the knees.  Jungkook had the cutest smile ever.  

 

“Oh, hi,” Jungkook said brightly.

 

Agh, speak, Taehyung, speak! he thought desperately.  The more he thought about what to do, the more he couldn’t do it.  It was as if his brain went against everything he told it to do.  He sweatdropped internally, thinking of the hours he spent in front of the mirror.

 

“It’s Taehyung, right?” Jungkook asked.  He looked at his nametag.  “Kim…Taehyung?”

 

He said my name!  Taehyung gulped.  

 

“I see you around sometimes.  You sit by yourself.”

 

Now there was no way he could speak.  He found himself nodding, however.  He pushed his glasses up and gave Jungkook a sunny smile through his braces.  His heart beat faster and faster with every passing second.

 

“H-here…” Taehyung said, his voice squeaky.  “My mom bought extra.”

 

That was a lie, but he had to look cool.

 

“Oh,” Jungkook said, his eyes shining happily.  “That’s cool.  Thanks!”  He was about to take the box when he paused.  “Are you sure it’s okay?”

 

Taehyung only smiled and nodded.

 

“Cool!”  Jungkook smiled as Taehyung handed him the box.  

 

“Ah, you know…” Taehyung trailed off.

 

Jungkook looked up.  “Hm?”

 

Taehyung’s mouth went dry.  “Um, I think you’re cool too.”

 

The other smiled, but not as bright as the last, a bit awkward.  “Ah…”

 

“J-Jungkook, please don’t think this is weird but…”

 

Here I go.

 

“I’m not even sure I really like you because you’re cool and handsome please don’t think this is weird I just admire you a lot and yeah,” Taehyung skillfully said in one breath.

 

Jungkook blinked, as if he were shocked.

 

He then laughed, and boy, was that music to Taehyung’s ears.  

 

“You’re funny,” he laughed.  He ruffled Taehyung’s hair a little.  “You’re cool too, Taehyung-ah.  Let’s be friends?”

 

Taehyung frowned a little.  This isn’t the reaction I wanted.  Friends?  How can we be just friends when I just embarrassed myself in front of you by saying all those things?  He tried to widen his smile as Jungkook looked at him with a bit of concern.

 

“Yeah,” Taehyung replied.  “Let’s be friends!”

 

--

 

From that day forward, Taehyung and Jungkook were the best of friends.  They often did a lot of things together, even with Jungkook being popular amongst the girls, guys, and the teachers.  They all questioned why Jungkook was hanging out with such an ugly duckling, but Jungkook didn’t care.  His heart was to big to turn down Taehyung’s friendship.

 

Taehyung watched Jungkook as he shot his basketball into the hoop over and over from various places, making it every single time.  He eyed some kids that were staring at them from across the way.

 

“Whatcha looking at?” Jungkook chirped as he dribbled the ball.

 

The other blinked a bit and shook his head.  “N-nothing.”

 

Jungkook followed his eyes and saw the crowd of kids that were sending Taehyung death glares.  He turned back around and looked at Taehyung.  “Don’t worry about them.  As long as I’m with you, they won’t bother you.”

 

“Really?” Taehyung asked.

 

“Really,” Jungkook replied, nodding with a smile.  He dribbled the ball before it was snatched away.  He frowned as he looked at none other than Park Jimin, the class bad-boy.  He was handsome, like Jungkook, except in a darker way, and with a bit more baby fat.  

 

“Hm, what do we have here?” Jimin snickered.  “Hey there, Jungkook.”

 

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows.  “Give it back.  That’s mine.”

 

“You’re gonna have to take it from me, princess.”

 

Taehyung stood up, his muscles trembling with fear as he tried to stand tall.  “He said to give it back.”

 

Jimin then noticed the other boy.  He dropped the ball and walked over to him before grabbing the collar of his uniform.  Taehyung’s breath hitched slightly as the other boy turned his head to the side and smiled, amused.  “If it isn’t the idiot, Kim Taehyung,” he said.  “I can’t believe Jungkook’s hanging out with you.”

 

“D-don’t…” Taehyung trailed off, frightened.

 

Jimin then let him go and pat him on the shoulder, leaning forward to his ear before whispering, “He’s mine, stupid.”  He laughed a bit.  “You better stay away, pork chop, or else I’m gonna grill you.  Understand?”

 

He pulled back and gr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter