2/5

Too Hot For His Own Good
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

quick update: so i was writing this update and thought of so many things to add to the story, and now i've decided that this is not going to be the last part.  i've decided to write this story in four parts or so, so this is the second out of four.  btw thank you guys for all the lovely comments :) i hope you like this update!

 

 

ɞ  seven years later  ɞ

 

 

“Jungkook!  You’re going to be late for school!”

 

“Coming!” Jungkook called as he packed his bag.  

 

He threw it over his shoulder and put his phone in his pocket.  Before walking out of his room, he stopped and looked in the long mirror he had attached to his wall.  He smiled at his reflection and straightened his uniform.  

 

It was finally that day.  He felt like he had grown a lot in the past few years of middle school, and he was ready to conquer high school.  He nodded at his reflection, determined, before walking out and down the stairs to the kitchen where his mom was cooking some eggs.  His dad was sitting at the table reading the newspaper, and his hyung was on his computer.

 

“Good morning, sweetie,” his mom said as she ruffled his hair.  She handed him a plate of eggs and a slice of toast.  

 

“Thanks, Mom,” Jungkook replied with a sunny smile.

 

He sat down at the table across from his hyung, and next to his dad before beginning to eat.

 

“You ready for school?” his dad asked.

 

Jungkook paused and wiped his mouth.  “Yes, Dad.”

 

His hyung smiled at him.  “You’ll do great.  You always do, Kookie.”

 

“Cut it out with the compliments,” Jungkook laughed.

 

“Come on, sweetie.  Eat a couple more bites, then I’ll drive you,” his mom said as she came over with a cup of coffee for his dad.  “I have a meeting today, so we can’t be late.”

 

Jungkook obediently ate quickly and put his dishes in the sink.  He followed his mom out with his things, looking back at his hyung, who gave him a thumbs-up sign, and at his dad, who smiled at him warmly before going back to reading the newspaper.  Jungkook grinned before shutting the door behind him and getting in the front seat.

 

The drive to school wasn’t long.  It was only a little farther than his middle school.  They were a bit similar in its modern style, but this high school was definitely bigger.

 

Jungkook got out of the car and bowed.  “Thanks for the ride, Mom.”

 

His mom hummed, smiling.  “I won’t be able to pick you up today, and neither will Dad or hyung, so catch a ride with one of your friends, okay?”

 

“Okay!” Jungkook said before waving her off.  As she drove away, he felt a bit of anxiety hit him.  He almost wanted to run after her to take him back home, but another part of him said that he had to deal with it.  He turned around and faced his new school.

 

He took out his headphones and plugged them into his phone.  It took him a couple seconds to find a song he liked, and once he found it, he walked into school, being reassured by the beat.

 

He would say hi to his friends and people he knew here and there.  It’s not so bad so far, he thought as he found his locker.  He put his things in and took out the books he needed before closing his locker.

 

Just as he walked away, he bumped into someone, and books were sprawled out messily on the floor.

 

“Ah, I’m sorry!” Jungkook exclaimed, taking off his headphones before crouching down to help the other person.

 

“Whoops,” a familiar voice snickered.

 

Jungkook looked up and faced the offender with a slight glare.  “Jimin.”

 

“Hello, Jungkookie,” Jimin greeted cooly.  “Long time no see.”  He eyed Jungkook with a dark smirk.  “I see you’ve gotten more handsome, hm?”

 

“You’re erted,” Jungkook said as he stood.  “Go away.”

 

“Why should I?” Jimin asked.  “I simply want to be in your company.  Is that too much to ask?”

 

Jungkook blinked.  “Why even ask when you know I’m going to say no?”

 

“Oh!  My Jungkookie’s gotten sassy!” Jimin said mockingly, attracting some curious eyes here and there in the hallway.  “Who taught you that?  Your hyung?”

 

“I teach myself things once in awhile,” Jungkook snapped.  He grabbed his books and shoved his way past Jimin when the other boy turned and slammed him into the lockers.  Jungkook’s books dropped again as he let out a slight note of pain.

 

Jimin leaned forward and whispered in his ear.  “I wasn’t finished talking with you.”

 

By this time, a small crowd gathered around to see what was going on.  Jungkook felt his cheeks flame with embarrassment as he stood there, pinned to the lockers.  He wanted to crawl under a desk, not wanting to be there anymore.

 

“Park Jimin.”

 

The crowd stepped back, revealing an unfamiliar newcomer.

 

He was tall and handsome with dark, mysterious eyes that gazed at Jimin with slight amusement from underneath his silky hair.  He had smooth, pale skin that complimented his pink lips that were frowning intensely.  His body was like a hanger, making even the slightly ugly school uniform look as though it should be on a runway, on his body.

 

Jungkook felt his breath hitch.  He could’ve sworn that look in the boy’s eyes was familiar.  He felt something lurch in his heart as the newcomer slowly took steps forward.  The crowd backed up even more, whispering about this new boy.

 

Jimin let go of Jungkook.  “Who the hell are you?”

 

The boy laughed loudly before his expression turned serious.  He raised a hand and smiled a little.  “It’s been a while, Jimin,” he said in english, his voice low and resonating.  “I’m sure Jungkook here can vouch for the fact that he said to get away.”

 

Jimin turned his head and smirked darkly, chuckling.  “Ah…I didn’t think it was you, pork chop.  I’d say puberty has hit you well.”  He leaned forward and whispered in the boy’s ear.  “But not as well as Jungkook.”

 

“T-Taehyung?”

 

The two boys looked at Jungkook, who was staring at the newcomer with wide eyes.  “Kim Taehyung?”

 

The newcomer smiled at him and nodded.  “I’ve missed you,” he said softly.

 

“Enough talk,” Jimin said, annoyed.  “Quit butting in, pork chop.  How many times do I have to tell you?  He’s mine.”

 

He threw a punch without warning, only to have Taehyung grasp his fist easily and throw it off its target.  Jimin growled as he tried to kick his side.  The other stepped back easily, chuckling with amusement as the other boy was starting to get more and more frustrated.

 

Taehyung grasped Jimin’s fist again and pulled him close.  He could sense the fear radiating from Jimin as he smiled.  “I have to admit, when I was coming back, I was looking forward to a decent fight,” he said.  “But you’re half and less.”

 

“Why you little piece of --!”

 

“Hey!”

 

The crowd dispersed even more, revealing a rather large, red-faced teacher.  He pointed a finger at Jimin, which traveled over to Taehyung and Jungkook.  He continued to glare at Jimin.  “Park Jimin!  I almost knew this crowd was because of you!” he shouted.  He looked at the other kids.  “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter