Come Closer

Fate has other plans

Yesterday was quite a good day for Soonyoung. He got to hang around with Hansol and he almost kissed the guy. He felt ecstatic, but unfortunately he didn’t get to kiss him, so he came up with a plan. Today Soonyoung was going to pluck up his courage and ask Hansol out.  He had another practice session with Hansol and so he planned to ask him out once practice was over, he just hopped that he wasn’t making a mistake.

“Hoshi, for the last time, if you don’t get here in point five seconds to eat these pancakes, I will leave you to starve,” says Wonwoo as Soonyoung lazily gets up from his comfortable spot on his bed and rushes to the kitchen.

“I’m here, I’m here. Gosh, you’d be so cruel as to leave your best friend to starve,” says Hoshi as he grabs his chest and fakes being wounded.

“Yes, yes I would,” replies Wonwoo as he takes a sip of his orange juice.

“Would you do that for Mingyu?” says Hoshi as Wonwoo chokes on his drink. Soonyoung laughs loudly as Wonwoo tries to regain his composure.

“That was uncalled for,” says Wonwoo as Hoshi takes a drink of his own orange juice.

“All’s fair in love and war.”

“Yeah, you mean the war you’re fighting over your beloved Hansol.” Now it was Soonyoung’s turn to choke on his own drink.

“That’s uncalled for,” whines Soonyoung.

“No, all’s fair in love and war. You ought to know Hoshi, you said it,” replies Wonwoo with a satisfied smirk.

Tch, shut up.”

The rest of their morning revolves around them trying to finish their breakfast without teasing each other. Once they finish their breakfast, they headed out the door and started going to their morning classes.

“I don’t understand why we keep going to school when we can practically become choreographers for famous people,” whines Soonyoung as they walk towards the campus.

“Well, if we want to do that, then at least we need to study business management.”

“Ugh, but why?”

“Soonyoung stop whining and get to class,” says Wonwoo as they go their separate ways.


Class is boring as usual. Soonyoung really tried to pay attention this time but he was just too busy thinking about how the afternoon would go. He had everything planned out, but he still felt pretty nervous to ask out Hansol, but he figured that if he didn’t speak now then things would get worse and that was something he infinitely didn’t want to happen.

Once his morning classes were finally over, he headed over to the food courts where he saw Wonwoo practically salivating over Mingyu. It was a sight to laugh at and he did, much to Wonwoo’s embarrassment. Even though Soonyoung didn’t like sitting alone during lunch, he decided to give the two people their privacy so he sat down by a table far from Wonwoo and Mingyu’s view and he started to eat his food. Soonyoung’s never really liked the silence so he decides to put on his earphones and enjoy his music along with his meal. He’s almost finished with his food when he feels a tap on his shoulder.

“Wonwoo if you don’t want me to laugh then stop Sali-” the words die off of his mouth once he notices that it’s not Wonwoo who’s in front of him.

“Hansol?” says Soonyoung.

“Hey, Mind if I sit down,” says Hansol as he mentions to the seat next to Soonyoung.

“Uh yeah, but don’t you usually sit with your friends.”

“Trying to get rid of me already,” says Hansol as he smirks at Soonyoung.

“No, I was just… you don’t have to hang out with me just because I’m teaching you some dance moves,” says Soonyoung. Hansol just stays quiet for a while as he looks at Soonyoung for a while.

“Soonyoung,” says Hansol as he takes his hand and squeezes it gently.

“I’m not hanging out with you just because you’re my choreographer. You’re a cool guy and I like you, so I’m hanging out with you because I like to, and not because I’m obligated,” he finishes as Soonyoung tries his hardest not to blush.

“Plus, I want to tell you a secret,” Hansol says as he mentions for Soonyoung to lean closer to him. Soonyoung stays put for a second before he starts to move closer.

“Come a little bit closer,” ushers Hansol and so Soonyoung does.

“What’s the-” but the words die off his mouth as he feels Hansol’s lips touch his cheek.

“Now, I have to get to class pretty soon, but I’ll see you in the afternoon okay,” says Hansol as Soonyoung nods his head dumbly. He’s too preoccupied thinking about the kiss that he doesn’t see a small group of people openly staring at him.


The afternoon could not come more quickly, but when it does Soonyoung makes sure to grab Wonwoo and make a break towards the dance studio. He can’t wait until he see Hansol already.

“What’s got you in such a rush,” says Wonwoo as he tries not to bump into the people that are coming his way.

“Hansol just kissed me!” he says happily.

“Woah, like on the lips or.”

“Well, it wasn’t that type of kiss. It was a peck on the cheek, but it is still considered a kiss,” says Soonyoung as Wonwoo rolls his eyes.

“And you’re rushing to the studio because?”

Soonyoung stops dead in his tracks and turns around to stare at Wonwoo with a serious gaze. I’m planning on asking him out today. So I was wondering if you could possibly leave early so I can do that without having any distractions.”

Wonwoo stares at Soonyoung with a proud look. “You’re finally plucking up the courage to do something about you’re little crush,” he says as he pretends to wipe a tear off of the corner of his eyes.

“Wonwoo I’m serious. Can you finish early?” asks Soonyoung.

“Yeah, I was planning on going out with Mingyu today anyway so yeah I can do that,” he says as Soonyoung turns around and heads to the dance studio along with Wonwoo in his tracks.

“Wait, so are you going to just ask him flat out or what?” asks Wonwoo and Soonyoung’s smiles drops. He hadn’t thought about that before. He planned on asking Hansol out, but he didn’t plan out how he would do so. He can hear Wonwoo crack up beside him.

“You know for a guy who looks serious all the time, you sure laugh a lot,” says Soonyoung as he kicks Wonwoo’s leg.

“Hey, that hurt. It’s not my fault you didn’t think this through.” And he’s right, if Soonyoung was going to ask Hansol out he should have thought about how he would do so. He can’t just walk up to the guy and say “Hey, I like you. Let’s go out.” No, that wasn’t going to work.

“How would you do it,” says Soonyoung as the both enter the studio and place their bags beside the counter.

“Honestly, I don’t know either. I mean I did ask Mingyu out, but I was a fumbling mess. It was pretty obvious that I liked him, so he kind of got the gist of it and said yes.”

Great, Soonyoung’s asking for love advice from someone who couldn’t even ask their own boyfriend out.

“Ugh, well you’re no help,” says Soonyoung as Wonwoo pinches his arm.

“Ouch!”

“At least I tried to ask him out.” Soonyoung was about to retort but Wonwoo was right. He at least tried to ask Mingyu out and here Soonyoung is still trying to do the same.

“Look, just make it simple. Your obvious attraction is evident, so if you’re anything like me, then he’ll also know what’s going on and you’ll both be together by the end of the day,” said Wonwoo as he tried to reassure Soonyoung. While he was teasing the guy, Soonyoung was his best friend and he had never seen Soonyoung so worried about asking someone out.

“What if he says no? What if it’s not meant to be?” says Soonyoung dejectedly.

“What if fate has other plans huh?” says Wonwoo as he leaves Soonyoung thinking about what he’s just said.

He guesses he’ll just have to wing it then.


Soonyoung checks the clock and it reads 4:30. Hansol should be here any moment and Wonwoo’s already left, so it just leaves Soonyoung here alone.  He thought he would have at least conjured up a plan by now, but still nothing. He’s tried to keep his mind off his nervous feelings by cleaning up that freaking pipe that is still not repaired (he should probably yell at Junhui for not fixing it) but it’s not use.

Soonyoung just stands there trying to magically fix the pipe with his stare, but it’s not working. ‘Maybe I should wrap a towel around it,’ he thinks as he walks to the supply closet and grabs a towel and latter. This pipe will be fixed by tonight or Soonyoung will personally rip the old thing from the ceiling himself. He walks up the latter and carefully wraps it around the leaking spots as he duck tapes it together. After he’s done, he carefully walks back down and admires his handy work. So far there are no droplets coming out, so he claims it as a victory, but not before he feels a small drop on his nose.

“GAHH!!” he screams as he grabs the mop and starts to hit the pipe. “Why! Can’t! You! Stop! Dripping!”

“I’m pretty sure yelling at it won’t help,” he hears a familiar voice say behind him and Soonyoung turns around quickly. It’s an action he starts to regret, as he accidentally steps over a puddle and hits the ground rather loudly.

Hansol rushes over to Soonyoung’s side as he tries to suppress a laugh.

“Ugh,” Soonyoung groans as he tries to stand up.

“Woah, not so fast,” Hansol says as he gently places a hand at the back of Soonyoung’s head.

“That hurt,” is all Soonyoung can say as he looks up at Hansol. Normally the close distance between the two of them would be quite nerve-racking if Soonyoung wasn’t too busy trying to lessen the pain that is quickly growing on his temple.

“That was a pretty nasty fall, says Hansol as he carefully helps Soonyoung sit up.

“Do you have a concussion?”

“No, I Think I just need an ice pack,” says Soonyoung as Hansol walks over to the fridge on the other side of the room and within seconds he’s gently applying the pack onto Soonyoung’s head.

“Well, I guess practicing is out of the question.” Soonyoung feels terrible now. He’s made a complete fool out of himself for sure now.

“I’m sorry, I understand if you want to switch choreographers now.”

“No, Soonyoung I-”

“And of course there will be a full refund and-”

“Soonyoung-”

“I can recommend you some dance teachers that I kno-”

“Soon-” but yet again Hansol’s interrupted by Soonyoung’s rambling and he has no idea how to stop him because there is no way Soonyoung is going to stop anytime soon.

“I made a complet-”

“Oh shut up already,” says Hansol as he drops the ice pack and smashes his lips on Soonyoung’s. The earth had stopped. Well, at least that’s what it feels like to Soonyoung. All he knows is that he was rambling when suddenly he feels a pair of lips on his own, and it’s not just any person’s lips, it’s Hansol’s. He can feels as Hansol gently places his hand on his cheek and the other hand remains on his head as he gently moves his lips against Soonyoung’s. He no longer feels the pain in his head as he closes his eyes and kisses back. He’s not fully aware of what’s going on, but if he’s kissing his crush then it must be good. 

This kiss lasts a few seconds as Hansol pulls back slightly to look at a dazed Soonyoung.

“I like you,” says Soonyoung before he can stop himself. , that’s not what he planned to say.

“Yeah, I know,” says Hansol with a smirk.

“You know?!” says Soonyoung rather loudly as his eyes fly wide open.

“Well, yeah.”

“What? Since when?” says Soonyoung with a scared look.

“Well, since like I dunno forever. You’re not that good at hiding your emotions you know,” says Hansol as Soonyoung groans and covers his face with his hands. Hansol laughs at Soonyoung’s cuteness as he slowly brings his hands down from his face.

“But do you want to know something else?” he asks as Soonyoung slowly nods his head.

“Okay, come closer,” he says as Soonyoung slowly brings his face closer to Hansol.

“I like you too,” he says as he kisses Soonyoung again.