An amusing day

Fate has other plans

Soonyoung woke up earlier than usual. He blamed it on the fact that Hansol was coming over. He worked on the choreography for a while and couldn't help, but peek out the window. He couldn't see Hansol in the room, so he supposes he had to do few things before he would come over. He continued to practice until he came to a halt. He barely realized that while the room was big enough for Soonyoung to practice, it wasn't big enough for both him and Hansol. He didn't think it through. He was about to call Hansol when Wonwoo called from the kitchen.

“Hoshi, Hansol's here and I'm going to let him go into your room so I hope you’re decent in there,” he said as Soonyoung could hear them both chuckle. Soonyoung swears that Wonwoo has made it his mission to embarrass him.

It didn't take long before Hansol was knocking on his door. Soonyoung opened the door and was meet with Hansol's blinding smile.

“Hi,” he said as he looked at Soonyoung. It took all his will power not to obsess over his charms.

“Hi,” he replies with an equally blinding smile. He doesn't realize that Hansol's waiting for him to let him inside the room.

“Oh uh my rooms too small for the both of us, so we'll have to go to the studio,” he said as he went in the room and got his belongings.

“I thought it was closed?” asked Hansol as he sat on the edge of Soonyoung's bed and looked at him.

“Well it is, but since I have the key I guess we can go in.” Soonyoung doesn’t normally do this, but this is Hansol we're talking about. His crush.

“I didn't know you had this side to you,” teased Hansol as he smirked at him. Oh no, Soonyoung could tell he was blushing, so he turned his back on Hansol and pretended to look for something in his closet. After he was certain he had suppressed his blush he turned back to Hansol.

“Okay we can go now,” he said as he refused to look at him in the eye. He didn't want to give himself away.

“Okay,” said Hansol as they headed out the door.

They were about to exit the apartment when Wonwoo entered the living room. “Where are you guys going?” he asked.

“We're going to the studio. Want to come?” Soonyoung asked him.

Wonwoo shook his head. He had plans to meet with Mingyu for the day, so he turned him down. Soonyoung rolled his eyes and both him and Hansol were out the door.

They walked out of the apartment and they headed straight to the studio. Soonyoung struggled to come up with a topic for conversation. He was usually very out spoken, but when he was around his crush he would get all quiet. It was a nice day outside and he really wanted to hang out with Hansol instead of teaching him, but he knew it was impossible. He didn't even know if Hansol was going out with anyone and in all reality he didn't want to know. He wonders why it was that Hansol wanted to practice on such a nice day like this instead of hanging out with his friends.

“So uh why aren't you out with friends or something you know instead of practicing?” he asked.

Hansol turned his head to look at him. He could see they were approaching the studio. “I don't know really. I guess I just want to see what you had in store for me,” he said in all honesty. Soonyoung tried to hide his smile as they approached the studio. He took out the keys and unlocked the door. They both walked in.

“Okay,” Soonyoung began to say.

“We can go into one of the rooms over there,” he said as he pointed to the left side of the studio. They entered one of the practice rooms and Soonyoung walked over to the boom box and inserted Hansol's disk. The music began to play and he turned to Hansol.

His jaw dropped. Hansol had taken off his sweater and had a tank top on, he looked absolutely good. Soonyoung tried to not look, but it was hard. Hansol was practically radiating in handsomeness how could he not look? He cleared his throat and walked over to Hansol.

“Okay, so I have some moves that I'll teach you today,” he said. He was about to take off his own sweater, but he was suddenly feeling self conscious, so he decided to keep it on.

“Okay first you'll start off by watching the choreography first and then you'll have a try at it,” he said as Hansol nodded in agreement. Soonyoung began to dance. He let the music take him and he moved to the beat of the music. Whenever he turned to look at Hansol, he could see that Hansol was watching him intently. He was getting self conscious, but right now was not the time to worry about such things.

He stopped the music and turned to Hansol. “Well?” he asked. Hansol was giving him a shocked expression and Soonyoung thought that he did wrong, but when he was about to apologize for the routine Hansol came out of his shocked state.

“Wow,” was all he could say as he started to clap. Soonyoung felt the blood rush to his head.

“You think I can do that too?” said Hansol as he stood up from his chair.

Soonyoung chuckled. “Well, I'm not a choreographer for nothing,” he replied as he went to replay the song.

“Okay, we'll go by steps now,” he said as he began to move at a slower pace.

They were half way through the session, when they came across a move that Hansol couldn't get quite right.

“I can't do it,” said Hansol with a frown.

“That's not true. Look I'll help you,” said Soonyoung had to get up close to him. He went behind and put a hand on his back.

“Okay, stand up straight like this,” he said as he put another hand on his chest and instructed Hansol to stand straight.

“Okay, now you'll move your upper half of your body to the side and come right back,” he continued as he stepped in front of Hansol and put both hands on his waist.

“Okay follow me,” he said as he moved his body to the side while still holding on to Hansol. Soonyoung tried not to blush, but it was nearly impossible. He looked up at Hansol and he saw that Hansol was already looking at him so he quickly looked away. They tried a couple of times before Hansol finally got the hang of it.

“I think you have it down,” he said as he quickly let go of Hansol and dropped his hands to his sides.

“Okay now do it alone.” Soonyoung said as he watched Hansol do it own his own. They were only practicing a dance move, but he was feeling proud that Hansol was able to do it, and by the way Hansol was smiling he could tell that he was thinking the same.

“Okay we’ll do one more and then we're good,” he said as he began to instruct Hansol. This move was easier than the others, so Hansol got it pretty well. All he had to do was make a quick left turn and make an 180 jump. They ran through the whole practice, but this time they would be mirroring each other, while Soonyoung danced in front of Hansol.

They started off the last practice for the day and it went pretty smooth. The last part was approaching and they both did the 180 jump at the same time, which resulted in the both of them coming face to face. Soonyoung's face was inches from Hansol's. He held his breath, if he moved just an inch or two then he could kiss Hansol. He was snapped out of his thoughts and he stepped back. He at the clocked and noticed that it was already one in the afternoon.

 

He composed himself before he spoke again. “Okay we're done for today,” he said as he walked to where they kept the cooler and took out two water bottles. He walked over to where Hansol was sitting and sat next to him. He handed him the water. They stayed silent for a while until Hansol spoke.

“So how did you get this job?” Hansol asked.

“Well, my first year in college I needed to find a job so I could pay for my tuition. My friends also needed a job so we walked in. Of course we were too young to be choreographers so the nice lady, Mrs. Won, let us start off by sweeping the place and working the counter. After our first year, she needed new choreographers, so she let me and my friends give her a performance to show off our skills and before we knew it we were hired,” he finished as Hansol listened intently.

“Have you always been interested in dancing?” he asked.

“Yeah, it's my passion.”

“Wow that's amazing, well you're really talented and the fact that you're doing something you love is huge,” Said Hansol as he smiled at Soonyoung. Soonyoung felt butterflies in his chest. No one had ever praised him.

“Thanks,” he said as he blushed. After a while they packed up their belonging and started to head outside.

“We're done for the day,” he said as he headed outside, but something caught his attention. He locked at the roof and noticed that there was a huge puddle from where the had been a busted drain pipe. He thought Junhui had cleaned it up, but evidently he hadn't.

Hansol waited for him by the door. “What's wrong?” he asked.

“Uh I have to clean and fix this thing,” he said as he pointed to the roof.

“Okay, I'll help you,” he said but Soonyoung interrupted him.

“No you don't have to. You can go. I'll probably be here for a long time,” he said as he waited for Hansol to leave, but he wasn't.

“Well then I guess we'll be in here for quite a while,” he said as he walked up to where the puddle was.

“Don't you have to hang out with your friends. I mean it's a nice day outside and you don't want to waste it with me?” he said.

Hansol laughed. “What do you mean? Soonyoung you became my friend the moment you whacked me in the nose,” he said as Soonyoung groaned.

“ugh, I thought you were a kidnapper,” he whined as he opened the supply closet and grabbed a mop.

 

“Yeah yeah okay, but who would want to hurt someone as cute as you?” said Hansol. Soonyoung froze in his tracks. Did he just call him cute? He was probably just imagining it. Yeah he probably was. He cleared his throat as he walked over to the puddle. When he finished mopping the floor, he grabbed a chair. Hansol gave him the duct tape and he tried to reach for the pipe but he was still too short to reach.

“I. Can't. Reach,” he said. He put his hands down as he pouted. He was about to give up when he suddenly felt someone grab his waist. He jumped and looked to see Hansol.

“I'll hoist you up,” he said. He seriously doubted that would work.

“I don't think that would be—“

“Don't tell me you're scared,” teased Hansol.

“What? No of course not it's just—“

“You are scared,”

“Am not.”

“Are too.”

“Am not.”

“Are too.”

Soonyoung huffed. He was not going to stop, so he thought what they hell and let Hansol lift him up. Hansol put his arms around his waist and lifted him off his feet.

It took him a while to duct tape the busted pipe, but he got it none the less. “Okay I'm done,” he said as Hansol brought him back down.

He moved to put the duck tape back in the supply room, but he slipped on the still wet floor. He would have fallen backwards would it not have been for they way Hansol grabbed his waist and pulled him back up.

“You're such a klutz,” he said with a chuckle. Soonyoung had his arms around his neck so as to ensure he wouldn't fall. They both let go and there was an awkward silence.

“So um Do you want to go out for ice cream?” asked Hansol suddenly as he rubbed the back of his neck.

“YES I WOULD LOV- I mean yeah sure why not,” said Soonyoung as he tried to cover up for his enthusiasm. Hansol gave him a warm smile and they both headed outside. They walked into the ice cream parlor and waited for their turn to order. They spoke about simple things like their interests and Soonyoung learned that Hansol was born in New york. Soonyoung talked about how his interest in dancing began when he noticed a connection between martial arts and dance moves.

Finally it was their turn to order.

“So will you pay separately or together?” asked the cashier.

Soonyoung was about to take out his wallet when Hansol offered to pay for the whole thing.

“What? No I have money,” he said but Hansol was having none of it and payed for both of their ice creams.

“You didn't have to do that,” said Soonyoung as they sat besides the window.

“I wanted to pay for it. Take it as a thank you for your hard work,” he said as he sat in a peaceful silence while they ate.

“I've never tried cookie and cream,” said Hansol as he mentioned to what Soonyoung was eating.

Soonyoung almost choked. “What?! That's a crime. How can you live with yourself. No no we can't let this go any further.” said Soonyoung as he passes his ice cream cone to Hansol.

Hansol laughed as he took his cone and tried it. He gave Soonyoung his ice cream back. Soonyoung went back to eating it when Hansol said something he couldn't quite understand.

“What did you say?”

“I said indirect kiss.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well we shared the same ice cream, so it counts as an indirect kiss,” he teased. Sooyoung's face went red.

“Hansol,” he whined.

“Are you like this to others?” he asked as he hid his face.

“No, I guess you're just special,” he said nonchalantly. Soonyoung was left speechless for the remainder of their time in the parlor. They walked to Sooyoung's apartment afterwards. It was already dark outside. When they reached the door Soonyoung was about to open the door when Hansol grabbed his wrist.

“I had a good time,” he said.

Soonyoung smiled shyly. “Me too.” he said.

“Maybe we can do this again?” said Hansol.

“Well we still do have to practice-”

“No, I mean without practicing,” he said.

Hansol took a step closer to Soonyoung and there faces were getting closer.

“So what do you think?” he asked as he got closer. He could feel Soonyoung’s breath caress his face.

“I would like that,” he replied and they were close to closing the distance.

“Uh guys.” Soonyoung jumped away from Hansol. He looked to see that Wonwoo was at the door looking at them with a raised eyebrow.

“Am I interrupting something?” he said.

Soonyoung cleared his throat. “Uh no uh nothing. I'll see you Monday,” he said to Hansol as he rushed inside to his room.

Soonyoung ran to his room. His heart was beating. He was about to kiss Hansol. He couldn't believe it. He took a deep breath to settle himself, today really was a good day. He squealed, he couldn't contain himself and he did a little victory dance.


 Hansol walked to his apartment. Today served to be quite an amusing day. He wasn't going to lie, Soonyoung was really growing on him. When he saw him at school, Soonyoung was really lively, but somehow when he got near him, his lively demeanor would turn quiet. He was glad that he got to see his lively personality today.

He entered his own apartment and went to his room. As he walked in he couldn't help but look across the window and see Soonyoung doing a cute little dance.

Now Hansol's not stupid, he knows when someone's crushing in him, and he's definitely sure Soonyoung has a crush in him. He found it cute. Soonyoung is an interesting person and after today, Hansol can't really say that he isn't interested in him as well. He had lots of chances to kiss Soonyoung today, but Soonyoung always pulled away.

He pulls out his phone and texts Soonyoung.

What was that? - Hansol

He looks over the window and sees that Soonyoung has stopped and looks embarrassed.

Nothing- Soonyoung

Hansol looks at the text and laughs. That definitely wasn't nothing. He texts him goodnight and goes to his bed.

He goes to bed but he can't sleep. He keeps thinking about the kiss he almost shared with Soonyoung. If it wasn't for Wonwoo, he would have had it. But he doesn't fret because he has tomorrow to do something about it.