I told you so.

Fate has other plans

“I’m gonna do it,” said Soonyoung with a determined face.

“No, you’re not,” replied Wonwoo.

“Yes, I am.”

“Nope, you’re not.”

“Yes, I am. I mean, I can do it, he’s right over there in all of his beauty and here I am just feet away from him. I can do this” He replied stubbornly. Wonwoo sighed for the third time that day. If he had to hear how perfect Hansol was for the hundredth time, he would have to jump off a window immediately.

“Hoshi,” he called the other by his nickname. Soonyoung turned to look at him.

“I know for sure that you will not go up to him because I’ve known you for a long time. I love you, but you don’t have the courage to do so,” he said.

Soonyoung frowned. “Gee, thanks for the confidence,” he said in a sullen voice.

Wonwoo rolled his eyes at the other. “It’s not that I don’t have confidence in you. It’s just that you’ve been saying the same thing for two weeks straight.” And it was true. Soonyoung had been saying the same thing for the past several days, but every time he tried to do so, he either bailed or panicked right when he was about to get within inches of Hansol.

“You know what? I’ll go right now,” said Soonyoung as he lifted himself from his seat. Soonyoung had a good feeling about this. He was gonna do it, and he was gonna succeed in asking the other out. He turned to look at Wonwoo who only had an eyebrow raised in amusement. ‘go’ mouthed Wonwoo.

‘Okay, here we go,’ he thought as he neared the table where Hansol sat with his friends. He was getting closer; he could hear their conversation now. Hansol hadn’t noticed him yet, but Soonyoung would make sure he made his presence was known. Today was the day he would ask out Choi Hansol.

He was going to do this. Hansol turned his head to look at Soonyoung as he neared their table. Or maybe not. ‘Damn,’ Soonyoung said inwardly as he made a turn and made it look like he was grabbing napkins from the counter and turned back to sit with Wonwoo. Wonwoo was looking at him with the expression that said ‘I told you so’

“What happened to all your self-confidence? hmm,” he said as he casually sipped on his juice.

tsk Shut up,” he said as he pouted. He was older than Hansol, so asking the younger male on a date should be easy, but it wasn’t. It was hard.

“What’s the worst thing that could happen?” asked Wonwoo trying to console a sulking Soonyoung.

“Uh I don’t know maybe rejection,” he answered flatly.

“Exactly rejection. It’s not like he’s gonna laugh at you or anything. And if he does, then you can just avoid him.” Soonyoung thought about it for a moment before he spoke, “That’s not what I want to do though. I mean, if he rejects me I can’t just avoid him. I live right across the street from him, you know.”

“Why do you have to make it so complicated,” whined Wonwoo.

“Why do you have to make it uncomplicated. Not everyone can have an awesome love life as yourself, Wonwoo. I mean, all you have to do is look at someone and there they go dropping at your knees, you’re practically like a god,” replied Soonyoung. He was beginning to feel even more depressed then he already was.

“Hey, it’s not my fault you at this,” he said as Soonyoung checked his clock.

“We have to go. Our shift starts in thirty minutes.” Soonyoung grabbed his things. He took one look at Hansol before he left the burger place. ‘Maybe he just wasn’t meant to be with Hansol’ thought Soonyoung as he exited the building, but fate had other plans.