Fic Fest Manual

Colorful World SHINee fic fest Round 1!

                                          ....                error


As the beginning of our fic fest is drawing closer, and more questions kept arising, we Mods decided to upload this general guide about the fic fest. We hope that everyone who is not yet familiar with the dynamics of a fic festival will regain a better understanding of the process!

Colorful World would like to provide the best experience for everyone. If any questions stay unanswered in this manual, please feel free to contact us!

1)Prompting 
The fic fest start with the prompting period.
The time range is from January 8th (12pm GMT) till February 5th.
What you can do:
You can drop prompts with us! This means you can follow a link to a google form (which will be prepared and provided by the Mods) and fill it out with your plot ideas.
The prompting form will ask for:
- a contact method (Email or a social network account)
- any social network account name that will be used during the reveals
- if you want to stay anonymous (that means that during reveals you will stay named as 'anonymous')
- the rating (range) of the prompt (G/PG/PG-13/R/NC-17)
- Pairing
- the summary of the prompt itself
- candy points (things you would like the writer to include in the fic, but are not obligatory)
- please don'ts (Things you absolutely don't want to see in the fic. The writer should stick to this wish)

Example
Contact Method: colorful.vvorld @ gmail.com
Account name: Colorful_vvorld @ lj
Do you want to be anonymous? Yes
Rating Range: Any
Pairing: Jonghyun/Key
Prompt Summary: Jonghyun has been a rather regular costumer at the café 'Splash!'. And Jonghyun wasn't even a fan of coffee. He was, however, a rather big admirer of the waiter with the name tag 'Key'. After months of pining after the handsome guy, Jonghyun decides to step up his game and ask for the male's number.
Candy Points: Jonghyun being a little shy, Key loving to flirt, Top!Jonghyun please if there is
Please don'ts: character death, heavy kinks, sad ending



-- 
All the prompts that we receive from you guys through the prompting form till February 5th will be gathered by one of us Mods into an excel spreadsheet. 
It will basically look like this:
(Keep in mind that these are just prompt sample which the Mods thought of to give a better impression)

error
And the link to the excel spreadsheet will be published in our community; This will happen around 2 to one day before claiming starts.

--
2)Claiming
Anyone can claim a prompt! Claiming starts on February 8th (12 pm GMT).
The only thing you definitely need to provide us with is an Email address and any social network account name (twitter, aff, lj, ao3...).
Claiming will also happen through a google form which will be prepared and provided by the Mods. If you want to adopt a prompt and transform it into a fic you only need to fill out the claiming form!
The claiming form will ask for:
- Email Address
- A social network account name that will be used during reveals
- If you want to stay an anonymous writer
- Prompt choice #1
- Prompt choice #2
- Prompt choice #3

The process is based on first come first serve basis. Which means if two people want the same prompt, the one who filled out the google form earlier will get the prompt in the end. You will be able to voice three prompt choices per form.
However, please keep in mind that you can only claim one prompt at a time. If you finish your fic to your prompt before the deadline, you are free to fill out the claiming form again and pick another! 

Prompts which have been claimed will get crossed out in the prompting spreadsheet by one of the Mods so that you can tell which are already taken.

After filling out the form, you need to wait for us to send you a confirmation Email to the address you provided us.
It includes the prompt you have claimed and some reminders like the deadline. Please respond to this Email to let us know that no mistake occurred.

3) Writing process
After you have successfully claimed a prompt as yours, you have until May 8th to write your fic.
Please keep in mind that the minimum word count is 2000 words. After you are finished, please send us your fic via Email to [email protected]! If you still have time, feel free to pick another prompt via claiming form!

If you need an extension (maximum till May 24th) please contact us as soon as you know.
Also, if you need to drop out because of personal reasons, please tell us as soon as possible.

There is an informal check-in on April 8th. This basically means that we would like you to send us an Email with your current word count and a small summary of the fic you are writing.

4)Posting and Reveals

The Mods will gather all of the written fics. The posting period is from May 16th - May 24th. During that time, we will post a specific number of fics each day. (Excluding the weekend)
In the beginning, the names of the prompters and writers will be kept anonymous.
On the reveals day, May 25th, which we chose as it's SHINee's birthday, the (account)name of the prompters and the writers will be revealed if they did not choose to be anonymous. 

Afterwards, the writers are free to post their fics to their own profiles!
We hope that everyone will leave lots of comments for the authors and maybe also to the prompters who thought of the specific ideas!

Thank you very much.
ModK&ModY